Primavera 2018

Runnerups

I would rather like Primavera to launch the lineup in March-April or to do a step wise release of the lineup in order to catch more of the fresh new bands with good debut releases in the first half of 2018 (of which there are many). Yesteryears release of the lineup was way too early imho. January for the complete lineup I think is too early as well.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, puckno said:

I would rather like Primavera to launch the lineup in March-April or to do a step wise release of the lineup in order to catch more of the fresh new bands with good debut releases in the first half of 2018 (of which there are many). Yesteryears release of the lineup was way too early imho. January for the complete lineup I think is too early as well.

i don't think this is too important, releasing the full line up early is way more important marketing-wise than would be to add a few good less known names in the line up.

and nowadays, the bands start to build a name before bringing out the debut album and they can easily be booked before the launch based on their first songs/gigs. for example, cigarettes after sex last year and probably superorganism this year ( i find them very likely to be on the line up)

4 minutes ago, puckno said:

I agree.

Or what about the ultimate - they only release each day's lineup the night before in the Forum. They could announce it with a 10 second countdown on all the big screens and have a break from the gigs for a few minutes for the occasion. Would be pretty exciting, especially with your mates and a few drinks down.

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I agree.

Or what about the ultimate - they only release each day's lineup the night before in the Forum. They could announce it with a 10 second countdown on all the big screens and have a break from the gigs for a few minutes for the occasion. Would be pretty exciting, especially with your mates and a few drinks down.

A Crystal Maze like approach, I'd be down

Well, I tend to prepare well for my concerts, first check out all the artists on the rooster and the schedule to choose which of them to go for, then for the chosen ones listen up on their previous setlists. Announcing the night before would take away an important part of the experience. Anyway - it would be great to have more openings to bring additional names to the lineup at a later stage, at least more than they usually have. Say, save 10-15 spots for later additions, to give us more announcements to be exited for in the spring.

7 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

A Crystal Maze like approach, I'd be down

Yeah, what about initially have the different band names for the next day printed on gold tokens and spray it into the crowd.

And a free bar for this five minutes of madness.

During all of the above one of the bands due on the next day could play from a massive pirate ship in the mediterranean.

Edited by xxialac

Mercury Rev just announced a string of UK/EU dates leading up to May - doing Deserter's Songs in full, I could see that fitting into the schedule somewhere.

edit: Maybe not, didn't realise they played in 2011 doing this exact show

Edited by duckula
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

I have nothing to gain from spreading misinformation. I don't have a WordPress blog reputation to uphold! I'm just a regular festival goer who happens to know the Arctic Monkeys' bassist's brother

You're more likely to be downvoted because some people, even those who don't mind the band, are understandably not keen on some of their fans coming along (the lagered up lads on tour crowd).

• Upvote 1

Why would I post a fake conversation though? Literally why would I do that? As I said, what do I have to gain?

I am going to the festival too, I don't particularly care if they're playing and agree with xxxialac that I'd rather not have their dickhead fans there. I just thought I'd ask as a favour for the forum and this is what I get? I feel like a dad who has bought his kid a PS4 game when his kid has an Xbox

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, alansdeepbath said:

Why would I post a fake conversation though? Literally why would I do that? As I said, what do I have to gain?

I am going to the festival too, I don't particularly care if they're playing and agree with xxxialac that I'd rather not have their dickhead fans there. I just thought I'd ask as a favour for the forum and this is what I get? I feel like a dad who has bought his kid a PS4 game when his kid has an Xbox

Exactly my thoughts (and the fact you like Partridge makes you even more trustworthy).

5 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

People do do that on here, it's a yearly event for Glastonbury. I've had many a heartbreak for being gullible about bands I'm desperate to play there

As a big Arctic Monkeys fan going to Primavera I really hope you're right but people being skeptical is to be expected

17 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

I don't know either way with you, so don't take this personally.

But we get hundreds of fakes about bands go past here every year, where each of the people creating those fakes have a reason for doing it (even if it's an odd reason).

17 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

Just for the bantz m8. Nah in fairness half of the stuff you read on here is just a dick swinging contest, all the fake posters are essentially a "duh, look how many pitchfork best new music rated bands I know", it's not too far outwith the realms of possibility that folk are posting fake texts. Line ups gonna come when it's gonna come, Prima would still be amazing if the singing kettle headlined. 

• Upvote 1