Primavera 2018

Runnerups

3 minutes ago, Orens said:

There's also no indication that Mad Cool and Prima aren't sharing headliners (specifically Arctic Monkeys), considering Bar Tool's reluctance to answer about it and Gabi's incredible answer regarding exclusivity.

PS aren't holding the ticket sales for fun. Over the past couple of years (since starting to announce it all at once) they have been holding the poster until either Radiohead or Frank Ocean's tour announcements. Something is up, and personally I think the most likely scenario for the unknown/unpredictable headliner is Kendrick, then AM, and perhaps something as Vampire Weekend/etc. (who knows).

Kendrick will headline both Hangout and Firefly US festivals. There's a gap of four weeks for a compact European tour (like he's been doing each summer at least since going to Primavera in 2014), play a couple of festivals in countries he either haven't or won't play in August and go back to the US.

Last time when he came to Portugal in 2016 he promised us that he will be back 1/2 years and also said that portuguese and spanish public are amongst his favourites. When his Europe dates were revealed there were only north europe dates so I guess that he´ll compensate that. 

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

headliners starting to look like:

thursday - bjork, beck

friday - the national, kendrick 

saturday - lorde, nick cave

Or last two days switched 

hopefully space for YYYs too

The National are playing APE on the Saturday, so either Thursday or Friday for them. Cave will probably play either Thursday or Friday, as the PS hours are pretty late and he's playing APE on Sunday.

Beck is playing We Love Green on the Saturday, Bjork on the Sunday, I don't think both will play the same day like APE on the previous weekend. 

I'm adding the subs, thinking we might get:

Thursday - (The War on Drugs), Nick Cave, Bjork

Friday - (Grizzly Bear), Beck, The National

Saturday - (Anderson .Paak), Lorde, Kendrick

7 minutes ago, Orens said:

The National are playing APE on the Saturday, so either Thursday or Friday for them. Cave will probably play either Thursday or Friday, as the PS hours are pretty late and he's playing APE on Sunday.

Beck is playing We Love Green on the Saturday, Bjork on the Sunday, I don't think both will play the same day like APE on the previous weekend. 

I'm adding the subs, thinking we might get:

Thursday - (The War on Drugs), Nick Cave, Bjork

Friday - (Grizzly Bear), Beck, The National

Saturday - (Anderson .Paak), Lorde, Kendrick

US media outlet confidently reporting on twitter that Beck and Bjork are both playing the same day, so I like your running order but I’d swap Beck and Nick Cave around

16 hours ago, Orens said:

Yep, anything other than Primavera Sound? I'm just curious because of all this noise around them.

That's what I meant, they probably should announce the announcement some time this week.

Trnsmt, Leeds and Reading and Primavera are 100%.

Other than those I believe a couple more European Festivals are to be announced. 

The Sparks just posted this on FB

BREAKING NEWS!! Sparks' will continue touring in 2018 in support of the new album 'Hippopotamus,' starting with shows in the UK in May:

22 May - Glasgow (O2 ABC Glasgow)
23 May – Leeds (O2 Academy Leeds)
24 May – London (O2 Forum Kentish Town)

Tickets will go on general sale at 9AM (GMT) on Friday 19th January.

Ticket links: http://allsparks.com/calendar/

Additionally, Sparks will be playing across Europe in May-June, both at festivals and at their own shows. The next batch of European concerts will be announced next week, so stay tuned!

7 minutes ago, NewtonHH said:

BREAKING NEWS!! Sparks' will continue touring in 2018 in support of the new album 'Hippopotamus,' starting with shows in the UK in May:

Additionally, Sparks will be playing across Europe in May-June, both at festivals and at their own shows. The next batch of European concerts will be announced next week, so stay tuned!

7 minutes ago, NewtonHH said:

Great spot. They'll be there surely.

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

not that they won't be on the same day, but a blog's twitter account with 500 followers isn't something i'd be relying on.

It's a very well put together website that implies they have a deep engagement with the sector and it would be a very odd thing to invent. Bjork and Beck playing on the same day is hardly scoop of the century.

http://www.passtheaux.co/

29 minutes ago, NewtonHH said:

Pointing towards European announcements next week... When is that festival that has previously announced simultaneously with Primavera announcing?

I think it will be next Tuesday

14 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's a very well put together website that implies they have a deep engagement with the sector and it would be a very odd thing to invent. Bjork and Beck playing on the same day is hardly scoop of the century.

http://www.passtheaux.co/

i wouldn't say it's a "very well put together site", it's a very basic Wordpress template. in fact, i'd go as far as to say it's a very lazily designed site. anyone could knock that up in a day.....

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

i wouldn't say it's a "very well put together site", it's a very basic Wordpress template. in fact, i'd go as far as to say it's a very lazily designed site. anyone could knock that up in a day.....

They've only been going since August 2016 and already in one section alone they have 550+ articles,  features and announcements. Everything's very clearly and cleanly linked, tagged, image sourced etc.

If that isn't dedication to the cause, I don't know what is.

They've assertively posted a non-clickbaity message on twitter about the day splits for two bands which they can later be judged by,  I'd say there's a reasonable chance there's some truth to it.