Primavera 2018

Runnerups

3 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Final Mad Cool headliner is almost definitely an Arctic Monkeys/Jack White co-headline.

In my opinion, if Jack White is confirmed there, the Mad Cool line-up is officially better than PS (although the likely PS lineup is still strong).

I still can't get over Gabi responding "yes" when asked if this is the year of Jack White. And he would let him slip away to the competition?

8 minutes ago, clement75009 said:

In my opinion, if Jack White is confirmed there, the Mad Cool line-up is officially better than PS (although the likely PS lineup is still strong).

I still can't get over Gabi responding "yes" when asked if this is the year of Jack White. And he would let him slip away to the competition?

I recall something about Gabi saying Jack White required multiple festival bookings. What if PS & MC share both Arctic Monkeys AND Jack White? lol 

9 minutes ago, clement75009 said:

Just had a look at that lineup and it will be hard topped! 

8 minutes ago, Swanmob said:

Just had a look at that lineup and it will be hard topped! 

Unfortunately, I think I'm in agreement...

If it's The National, Bjork and Nick Cave it's the same as All Points East Festival/ Presents... I'm leaning towards this line-up being a bit of an anti-climax.

20 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

What do you guys think about Frank Ocean?

I don't think it will happen after last years cancellation.

23 minutes ago, clement75009 said:

Tbh we don't really know what he meant by that. Could easily have just meant that he's touring this year.

7 minutes ago, clement75009 said:

The Mad Cool lineup is very strong but at the same time its a bit of a mish mash between Primavera like acts and ones they wouldn't go near like Snow Patrol, Kasabian or Rag'n'Bone Man (how many Kasabian fans care about a band like Yo La Tengo and vise versa?)

I don´t think that the line up will be that obvious (Nick Cave, Bjork, The National). Either they´re going to put a lot of big names there, names like Kendrick, Beck, Lorde, Yeah Yeah Yeahs or there will be 1 or 2 surprise acts, Daft Punk is out of course, but who knows, last year Frank Ocean was a bit unexpected for so this year idk, maybe Childish Gambino or My Bloody Valentine 

Edited by maksym26

16 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Tbh we don't really know what he meant by that. Could easily have just meant that he's touring this year.

I agree, that was never a hard confirmation. But still it's frustrating! If I'm honest, despite the obvious scheduling issue, I still hold a small hope that Jack White will be the surprise come next week :)

In any case, Nick Cave and others will be amazing. If Kendrick is confirmed, it is a very strong line-up. And as usual at Primavera the mid-font-size bands are a great selection. 

Amongst the possible-not-confirmed acts, I'm hoping Phoenix will be there, bring some fun!

When the Arctic Monkeys rumours happened the other day I posted what I thought would be the top names but if it is Bjork then I'll stick with this

Bjork - The National - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - The War on Drugs - Thom Yorke - SZA - Lorde - Phoenix

Then Father John Misty, Grizzly Bear, Tyler the Creator, Vince Staples, Mogwai, Deerhunter and Thundercat all high up the poster too.

It's horses for courses of course but I much prefer how the Primavera headliners are lining up than the Mad Cool ones. For every Massive Attack, QOTSA and Tame Impala on the Mad Cool lineup there's a Kasabian, Snow Patrol and Jack Jones.

And you can be sure that the undercard has more strength in depth.

100% agree with this comment too: "I really hope Björk and Nick Cave are in the actual line up, maybe not as popular as Arctic Monkeys but two of the most influential/consistent artists in the last 20 years."

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, maksym26 said:

I don´t think that the line up will be that obvious (Nick Cave, Bjork, The National). Either they´re going to put a lot of big names there, names like Kendrick, Beck, Lorde, Yeah Yeah Yeahs or there will be 1 or 2 surprise acts, Daft Punk is out of course, but who knows, last year Frank Ocean was a bit unexpected for so this year idk, maybe Childish Gambino or My Bloody Valentine 

I was hoping for Childish Gambino as well, he's probably too busy to tour but a one off show at Primavera is not impossible. The only thing is that Han Solo film is out the week before which could mean he'll be too busy promoting it (not many potential acts you can say that about).    

23 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I was hoping for Childish Gambino as well, he's probably too busy to tour but a one off show at Primavera is not impossible. The only thing is that Han Solo film is out the week before which could mean he'll be too busy promoting it (not many potential acts you can say that about).    

Gabi already ruled him out during a Q&A.

Just now, maksym26 said:

You guys should not believe Gabi, he also ruled Arctic Monkeys and Kendrick Lamar but I bet that one of those will be there. He also indicated that Jack White may be at Primavera and he could not be there. 

He has never ruled out or ruled him any of them, he's just being as vague as always and fans overanalysed his comments.

In Donald's case, he said he's busy promoting the new Han Solo film he's playing in. It makes perfect sense, considering the film is releasing the weekend prior to PS. No one should expect him to tour, as we know the drill of actors starring in a new summer blockbuster.

5 hours ago, maksym26 said:

Here in Portugal, the portuguese press confirmed that Nick Cave, Thom Yorke and Grizzly Bear will be at NOS Primavera Sound in Porto. I guess Nick Cave is a safe bet for PS, what do you think about Thom Yorke? Bet he would give a great concert at Ray-Ban or Auditori. 

Grizzly Bear are self-confirmed to Barcelona on Instagram comments, one Azkena user claims. We've been suspecting since 2016 they will play this year.

6 minutes ago, Orens said:

He has never ruled out or ruled him any of them, he's just being as vague as always and fans overanalysed his comments.

In Donald's case, he said he's busy promoting the new Han Solo film he's playing in. It makes perfect sense, considering the film is releasing the weekend prior to PS. No one should expect him to tour, as we know the drill of actors starring in a new summer blockbuster.

Unless the premiere is in London, as they many times to those in Europe and he could come here, but I´m not expecting him at all, I just said that it would a pleasent surpise. 

6 minutes ago, Orens said:

Grizzly Bear are self-confirmed to Barcelona on Instagram comments, one Azkena user claims. We've been suspecting since 2016 they will play this year.

Yeah, they were roumored a lot by portuguese press and those posts on Instagram, the´re definitely be there. I also seen some portuguese organizers of NOS Primavera Sound talking about Vince Staples and Thunderct.

22 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

Unless the premiere is in London, as they many times to those in Europe and he could come here, but I´m not expecting him at all, I just said that it would a pleasent surpise. 

Yeah, they were roumored a lot by portuguese press and those posts on Instagram, the´re definitely be there. I also seen some portuguese organizers of NOS Primavera Sound talking about Vince Staples and Thunderct.

However Thundercat is at Bonaroo, during the weekend of NPS

41 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

You guys should not believe Gabi, he also ruled Arctic Monkeys and Kendrick Lamar but I bet that one of those will be there. He also indicated that Jack White may be at Primavera and he could not be there. 

He said Kendrick would be here late Summer instead. He's now a strong rumour for R&L on here so looks like Gabi was being truthful.

Arctic Monkeys are headlining Mad Cool and there's no indication that they'll be at Prima other than a random guy on this thread saying it, and a video that proved to be fake.

He said 2018 was the year of Jack White. He didn't say he'd be at Prima, he could easily have meant he's touring in 2018.

30 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

He said Kendrick would be here late Summer instead. He's now a strong rumour for R&L on here so looks like Gabi was being truthful.

Arctic Monkeys are headlining Mad Cool and there's no indication that they'll be at Prima other than a random guy on this thread saying it, and a video that proved to be fake.

He said 2018 was the year of Jack White. He didn't say he'd be at Prima, he could easily have meant he's touring in 2018.

There's also no indication that Mad Cool and Prima aren't sharing headliners (specifically Arctic Monkeys), considering Bar Tool's reluctance to answer about it and Gabi's incredible answer regarding exclusivity.

PS aren't holding the ticket sales for fun. Over the past couple of years (since starting to announce it all at once) they have been holding the poster until either Radiohead or Frank Ocean's tour announcements. Something is up, and personally I think the most likely scenario for the unknown/unpredictable headliner is Kendrick, then AM, and perhaps something as Vampire Weekend/etc. (who knows).

Kendrick will headline both Hangout and Firefly US festivals. There's a gap of four weeks for a compact European tour (like he's been doing each summer at least since going to Primavera in 2014), play a couple of festivals in countries he either haven't or won't play in August and go back to the US.