Primavera 2018

Runnerups

2 minutes ago, Ecco said:

they are defenitely not on the bill, because they are supposed to headline mad cool and Gabi denied them clearly back in november, so your source is defenitely fake news.

Are they the rumoured remaining act for Mad Cool then? Not my cup of tea line-up wise but they've certainly pulled some serious names if that's the case.

Do we think Mad Cool are causing booking problems for Prima? This year seems to be including a lot more Primavera style bands than previous years...

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

On another forum someone has confidently stated that Bjork will headline the opening day. 

And Rodriguez confirmed.

The same one also confirmed Warpaint.

19 minutes ago, slowdive said:

Was originally booked to perform in Tel Aviv on the Tuesday, and the route from Moscow to Tel Aviv through Barcelona isn't ideal.

22 minutes ago, Ecco said:

they are defenitely not on the bill, because they are supposed to headline mad cool and Gabi denied them clearly back in november, so your source is defenitely fake news.

What Gabi said was that he was not sure they were gonna tour in 2018. On the other hand I'm sure they'll do both mad cool and primavera since mad cool doesn't seem to have problems in sharing headliners (Depeche Mode did 2 shows in Madrid and Barna, Pearl Jam plays Barna days later, QOTSA is in NOS lineup...) Also Bar Tool is skipping every question asking if the two headliners tba are going to be exclusive. 

EDIT: in fact he has ruled out Kendrick Lamar more seriously than he did with AM. 

Edited by strackoftracknfield
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

Are they the rumoured remaining act for Mad Cool then? Not my cup of tea line-up wise but they've certainly pulled some serious names if that's the case.

Do we think Mad Cool are causing booking problems for Prima? This year seems to be including a lot more Primavera style bands than previous years...

Final Mad Cool headliner is almost definitely an Arctic Monkeys/Jack White co-headline.

17 minutes ago, Orens said:

Was originally booked to perform in Tel Aviv on the Tuesday, and the route from Moscow to Tel Aviv through Barcelona isn't ideal.

Yeah I'm doubting because of this, but in the end you have to take a plane anyway. There're also plenty of acts rumored for a younger target: AM, SZA, Tyler, Vince Staples, Grizzly Bear (?)

Last year line up included The xx and Frank Ocean, these artists are very popular in younger public so I don´t see a problem in bringing Arctic Monkeys, it will give you guys an opportunity to explore another stages if you don´t like them. Don´t exclued Kendrick Lamar, I bet he´ll be there. My guesses are:

Headliners: Kendrick Lamar, Bjork, Nick Cave, The National

Second Line: The War on Drugs, Tyler The Creator, Beck and Lorde 

Just now, addicted2noise said:

So when are people expecting the line up to be released? 

Considering TINALS lineup announcement is looming, next Tuesday at noon UK time at the very latest.
It might happen this week, we could get something tomorrow. who knows...

10 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

Headliners: Kendrick Lamar, Bjork, Nick Cave, The National

Second Line: The War on Drugs, Tyler The Creator, Beck and Lorde 

Agree with this... I think throw in The Breeders, Fever Rey, Grizzly Bear/ Phoenix to that second line.

Can't see any surprises to be thrown in now, so more or less the same line-up we've all been touting for months

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

Considering TINALS lineup announcement is looming, next Tuesday at noon UK time at the very latest.
It might happen this week, we could get something tomorrow. who knows...

Can't be tomorrow as we will get a pre-warning on the date of a 'few days'

OpenAir St Gallen announce on Monday. 

Date to be announced on Wednesday/Thursday,  then Lineup announcement on Monday morning?

1 minute ago, Wakey321 said:

My source isn't Spanish.

The other festivals AM are lined up to play?

Yep, anything other than Primavera Sound? I'm just curious because of all this noise around them.

51 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Can't be tomorrow as we will get a pre-warning on the date of a 'few days'

OpenAir St Gallen announce on Monday. 

Date to be announced on Wednesday/Thursday,  then Lineup announcement on Monday morning?

That's what I meant, they probably should announce the announcement some time this week.

2 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

Here in Portugal, the portuguese press confirmed that Nick Cave, Thom Yorke and Grizzly Bear will be at NOS Primavera Sound in Porto. I guess Nick Cave is a safe bet for PS, what do you think about Thom Yorke? Bet he would give a great concert at Ray-Ban or Auditori. 

Do you have a source? Is it on a press page somewhere?

5 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Do you have a source? Is it on a press page somewhere?

I´ve only found articles about Thom Yorke and Nick Cave, can´t remember where I´ve read about Grizzly Bear, but it´s not hard to find, just search for it on google.

Article about Thom Yorke:

http://ouvidoalternativo.blogspot.pt/2017/12/thom-yorke-no-nos-primavera-sound-2018.html

Arcticles about Nick Cave:

http://www.cmjornal.pt/cultura/detalhe/nick-cave-regressa-a-portugal-em-2018-para-o-festival-primavera-sound

http://blitz.sapo.pt/principal/update/2017-11-09-Nick-Cave-no-festival-NOS-Primavera-Sound

Edited by maksym26