Primavera 2018

Runnerups

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Where did you get the 38 from? Can't see as many as that.

No reason 'not to tour' Spain unless you're holding something back... 

I don't know spanish situation but I read this article (it's in italian sorry) about Kendrick&co in Italy...basically it says that US rappers won't sell too many tickets so they never come in Italy, could be the same in Spain.

https://noisey.vice.com/it/article/d3ykex/rapper-americani-concerti-italia

• Upvote 1

Ah, sorry, my bad  too fast, I checked Kendricks homepage and I searched on Ticketmaster and got 38 hits, however these were all kind of VIP packages etc and I thought it was shows, new count follows - 17;  
7 feb Dublin, 9 feb Birmingham, 10 feb Madchester, 11 feb Glascow, 12-13 feb London, 15 feb Frankfurt, 20 feb London, 22 feb Cologne, 23 feb Amsterdam, 25-26 feb Paris, 27 feb Antwerp, 1 mar Copenhagen, 2 mar Oslo, 3 mar Stockholm, 5 mar Berlin

Edited by puckno

5 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

I don't know spanish situation but I read this article (it's in italian sorry) about Kendrick&co in Italy...basically it says that US rappers won't sell too many tickets so they never come in Italy, could be the same in Spain.

https://noisey.vice.com/it/article/d3ykex/rapper-americani-concerti-italia

Good point

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, ZXCVBNM said:

Why is no one talking about Chance the Rapper??

I wish people were, I'd love to see him at Primavera. He was on my initial list of maybes due to the album due this year, but apart from a couple of US shows early this year, there's been nothing since... I thought he'd be part of a larger tour if he was to announce Primavera too.

Nick Cave, Thom Yorke and Grizzly Bear were confirmed at NOS Primavera Sound in Porto either by portuguese media or eather by fans who spoke with those artists on Instagram, so I assume those 3 will be at PS.

Bjork is also a big name that will headline PS.

The National were confirmed by their manager. 

Beetween Arctic Monkeys and Kendrick I´d say Kendrick is a better option.

Lorde and Beck are also two big names I expect at PS since they´re in Europe at the of the May/begging of June.

Regarding hip-hop and R&B scene, I guess Vince Staples and Tyler The Creator will be there, Migos have concerts in Paris on June 2nd, Gabi postec a lot of links about SZA and Rapsody on his Twitter so expect them there too, and Thundercat is also in Europe by that time.

Well the rest of the bands that I expect on PS are The War on Drugs, Deerhunter, Big Thief, Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile. 

I doubt that David Byrne, St. Vincent and Perfume Genius will play the festival because they´re already playing another concerts in Barcelona or at Mad Cool. 

Edited by maksym26

This is Not a Love Song festival in Southern France will occur during PS weekend once again. The French always reveal their lineup a couple of days after PS, and will announce on Tuesday, January 23rd.

I think we'll get the poster next week or Monday, the 22nd at the latest (right on time with St. Gallen) 

7 minutes ago, Orens said:

This is Not a Love Song festival in Southern France will occur during PS weekend once again. The French always reveal their lineup a couple of days after PS, and will announce on Tuesday, January 23rd.

I think we'll get the poster next week or Monday, the 22nd at the latest (right on time with St. Gallen) 

I guess the 22nd is a done deal by now. They will reveal that date shortly before the weekend.

Imo all points towards Kendrick Lamar confirming his European summer festival dates then.

1 hour ago, Orens said:

Primavera almost never reveals their poster at mondays, the reveal day is always wednesday and sometimes thursday so I believe that it will be out on January 17th. 

Edited by maksym26

1 hour ago, slowdive said:

GoGo Pengiun and Tony Allen both play concerts in germany at the beginning of June. The former i could imagine well playing Ray Ban or Auditorium, the latter is probably the absolutly perfect Autitorium-legend kind of act.

GoGo Penguin are opening for Bonobo in London on the Thursday, then playing Germany on the Friday? 

London-Germany-Barcelona in three days sounds tough, I assume (if anything) it won't be a relatively early Auditori gig.