Primavera 2018

Runnerups

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Still some days to wait

Gabi: "The price of the pass will increase the same day as the posting of the lineup. You be notified a few days earlier."

Incidentally Google translated this as "The price of fertiliser will rise"

I'm sure last year the line up just appeared out of the blue though... Obviously in the previous years there was that game, and that bloody rocket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Still some days to wait

Gabi: "The price of the pass will increase the same day as the posting of the lineup. You be notified a few days earlier."

Incidentally Google translated this as "The price of fertiliser will rise"

In spanish we use the same word (abono) for both meanings.

Abono is a multiple days ticket and also means fertiliser :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Createur said:

I'm guessing that the poster will come on January 21st. Open Air St.Gallen will announce their line-up then and both festivals did the same in 2016 with Radiohead.

Kendrick Lamar hasn't scheduled a date in Switzerland and Spain on his coming European tour, so... 

Makes a lot of sense, you could be right. Except you mean the 22nd January.

• Upvote 1

Hoping for this line up:

Moses Sumney
Alex Cameron
Oneohtrix Point Never
Fever Ray
Daniele Luppi & Parquet Courts
Courtney Barnett & Kurt Ville
Zola Jesus
Arca
Die Antwoord
Sufjan Stevens
Mount Eerie
Dirty Projectors
A Tribe Called Quest
Childish Gambino
Frank Ocean
Haim
King Krule
The Voidz
The Breeders
The Chromatics
Blood Orange
(Sandy) Alex G

4 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

"usually the primavera line up is announced in the finals of january unless due to major causes it gets delayed or in advance. but our desire is to do it always in the end of this month"

Fits January 22nd. (21.01.16, 21.01.15 was the date in those years respectively)

But he's not telling the truth (well...he's a promoter). They wanted to announce in December and when they missed this deadline he wanted to release the line-up mid-January.

Google translate crudely translates it to: "Generally the poster of the PS is announced in late January unless by major causes are ahead or be delayed a few weeks. But our aim is to always do so at the end of this month"

I wouldn't expect it next week either on that comment...

6 Music mentioned Jack Whites new tune today, highlighting headlining festival slots "with more to be announced"

Edited by boaboaboa

32 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

yeah, but looking behind, i feel that the thing with the 10 people and the video was a bit of a fail...

they said they had to keep the secret for one week or so, but where are they now? was what they saw really that uninteresting that after 3 weeks no one cares? 

who says that no-one cares?

the 10 were contractually obliged not to reveal the lineup, presumably until it was officially announced. so they haven't revealed it yet....

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

who says that no-one cares?

the 10 were contractually obliged not to reveal the lineup, presumably until it was officially announced. so they haven't revealed it yet....

it just seems to me that showing everyone that you are showing the line up to only some 10 people and that after 3 weeks it is not that much of a matter (it is what i feel) for me it is just strange

13 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

it just seems to me that showing everyone that you are showing the line up to only some 10 people and that after 3 weeks it is not that much of a matter (it is what i feel) for me it is just strange

marketing, creating hype.....

all reactions are subjective, imagine you are a big the National fan and you never had the opportunity to see them live, well of course you show big excitement

3 minutes ago, Ecco said:

marketing, creating hype.....

all reactions are subjective, imagine you are a big the National fan and you never had the opportunity to see them live, well of course you show big excitement

Yes.

And if someone paid for me to fly to Barcelona, put me up in a nice hotel, plied me with drinks and then showed me their video, at that point I would give them whatever kind of reaction they were looking for.