Primavera 2018

Runnerups

Field Day and Primavera often share acts - FlyLo, Aphex Twin last year - so high hopes for Nils Frahm. 

For those in the know, do we think there's much chance of Interpol this year? Playing British summertime a month later, only 2018 date so far. New album out, not played PS for a couple of years...

11 minutes ago, MickeyJJ said:

Field Day and Primavera often share acts - FlyLo, Aphex Twin last year - so high hopes for Nils Frahm. 

For those in the know, do we think there's much chance of Interpol this year? Playing British summertime a month later, only 2018 date so far. New album out, not played PS for a couple of years...

I reckon they're much more likely for Bilbao BBK, Benicassim or maybe Mad Cool, all of them are shortly after BST and they'd fit in pretty well at any of them. I'd love it if they played Primavera though.

1 hour ago, MickeyJJ said:

I'd love to see Interpol, but I think too close to their last appearance at the festival. Gutted actually because it was when they were touring the dud self titled album.

48 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I'm happy Field Day are booking good artists, hopefully APE doesn't blow them out of the water too much.

Aren't Caribou due a new album this year? They'd sort that Ray Ban Saturday before CoCo slot nicely... If not I imagine it would be one of the later DJ slots on a bigger stage... Talaboman were fantastic last year

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, boaboaboa said:

I'd love to see Interpol, but I think too close to their last appearance at the festival. Gutted actually because it was when they were touring the dud self titled album.

I'm happy Field Day are booking good artists, hopefully APE doesn't blow them out of the water too much.

Aren't Caribou due a new album this year? They'd sort that Ray Ban Saturday before CoCo slot nicely... If not I imagine it would be one of the later DJ slots on a bigger stage... Talaboman were fantastic last year

Unlikely to have Mr Snaith playing as both Daphni and Caribou.

2 hours ago, boaboaboa said:

yes, Caribou are back, playing in Ireland on 28th July.

https://www.giaf.ie/events/caribou

5 minutes ago, Createur said:

Still performing at Gov'Ball on PS weekend. 

Was the point not that that is do-able but doing Gov Ball one side of Prima and Bonnaroo straight after would be unlikely? So it definitely increases the likelihood of him playing compared to what people thought.

1 minute ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

No, the problem was Boston few days before and Gov on the same weekend.

Boonaroo doesn't change that, still unlikely

US - Europe solely for PS - Back to the US is not a well-planned routing. He will play at another Spanish festival later in the summer.

12 minutes ago, MoonPie said:

Was the point not that that is do-able but doing Gov Ball one side of Prima and Bonnaroo straight after would be unlikely? So it definitely increases the likelihood of him playing compared to what people thought.

Exactly. This is coming from A Jack White fanboy so maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

As discussed on page 27/8 or somewhere, it's normal that a few artists from Gov Ball come over to PS, so It's a little bit wishful thinking, a little bit actually possible.

7 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Exactly. This is coming from A Jack White fanboy so maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

As discussed on page 27/8 or somewhere, it's normal that a few artists from Gov Ball come over to PS, so It's a little bit wishful thinking, a little bit actually possible.

it's usually the opposite way though isn't it?

play PS (Thurs-Sat), and then play Governors Ball (Fri-Sun, with time difference in favour).

If Jack White were to play Gov Ball, it'd have to be Friday, then fly straight to Barcelona to play Saturday, with the time difference going against him. it's possible, but logistically tough.

he could theoretically play in Boston the previous weekend, then haul all his gear/crew to Primavera for Thursday, then back over again to NYC for Saturday, but that seems very messy.

13 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Thundercat will be in London for Field Day in between so will surely be at PS.

Stating the obvious but acts with small entourages like Thundercat and electronic acts will always be more portable than headliners and large guitar-led bands.

where is the line up for field day?