Primavera 2018

Runnerups

On 5.1.2018 at 9:10 PM, kingcrawler said:

No chance of Florence based on this

Hard to tell so early, as those acts usually aren't entitled to the major stages. There's also a beach area with a couple of stages dedicated to electronic music. The Beach Club/Primavera Bits posters were released months after the big poster, in May 2016 and April 2017 if I recall correctly.
If it helps, I'm sure it's going to be as good as always!

55 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I think King Krule appearing last year was a year early booking for Primavera, his new record is great, would've been good to see that show...

Still no surprises appearing yet... Seems strange for the Primavera line-up to be announced so late if it's just going to be the same stuff that's knocking about at every other festival this summer.

They don't all announce at the same time so by extension someone has to be a little later. In previous years it was always January for Primavera. I don't think January is late for a June event. Glastonbury leaves a much shorter gap, and so does Coachella.

You might even interpret a surprise early announcement as the sign of a weak lineup (longer time to sell tickets, names will appear exciting and fresh before they appear on other fest's posters) so perhaps every reason to be confident with every week that passes. 

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They don't all announce at the same time so by extension someone has to be a little later. In previous years it was always January for Primavera. I don't think January is late for a June event. Glastonbury leaves a much shorter gap, and so does Coachella. 

After last years early announcement, I thought they'd follow suit, but obviously know now that thats not the case...

I'm more of an 'undercard' fan, but to me, and with all the same artists being announced for all the other festivals, it seems there's going to be no 'wow that's cool' kind of moments on the line-up front.

I can imagine the line up getting announced and us all on here realising we figured it all out about 2 months ago, just without the Pitchfork stuff 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

After last years early announcement, I thought they'd follow suit, but obviously know now that thats not the case...

I'm more of an 'undercard' fan, but to me, and with all the same artists being announced for all the other festivals, it seems there's going to be no 'wow that's cool' kind of moments on the line-up front.

I can imagine the line up getting announced and us all on here realising we figured it all out about 2 months ago, just without the Pitchfork stuff 

But surely if they have an act higher up the bill that hasn’t been announced for anything, you’ll be going “wow that’s cool” because you thought you already knew how it was gonna pan out and they surprised you? At this point, if there are 10 acts on the top two lines, then we could name 7 or 8 of them with confidence and they’d be strong but those other 2 or 3 should have genuine potential to surprise us.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

I expect ultimately the 'wow, that's cool moment' will come from the sheer volume of good names, not from the surprise factor or 'greatness' of them individually. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

At this point, if there are 10 acts on the top two lines, then we could name 7 or 8 of them with confidence and they’d be strong but those other 2 or 3 should have genuine potential to surprise us.

You're right... For me last yeah it was Slayer and Frank Ocean that really caught my eye, both of which didn't/ hadn't announced other dates.