Primavera 2018

Runnerups

27 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

Maybe Primavera have an exclusive on someone, similar to BST have The Pixies only European festival appearance? 

I don't think they would shift more tickets or earn credibility for the festival in booking The Pixies exclusive in 2018.

They would try to get "fresh" acts which can also be "cult" acts as Ride, Slowdive or Pulp were in past editions. But in my opinion it will be an exclusive* booking for a younger audience - like Frank Ocean this year.

*for Spain

Edited by Createur

The absence of Kendrick Lamar, Anderson .Paak and Soulwax from both Boston Calling and Gov Ball makes me hope PS will snatch them. Soulwax are playing Coachella in April (after playing Sonar, FiB and BBK since 2016), while Kendrick and Anderson are playing Hangout in the US, less than two weeks ahead of PS.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, boaboaboa said:

That's what I've been thinking. Initially I thought it could be Meshuggah, but they're elsewhere on the dates. I also think Deftones are a potential too. Deafheaven (new album this year apparently)/ Wolves In The Throne Room are due an appearance too. Converge played last year, which is a shame as their new record is a banger.

Similiar vibe, Thursday are playing Slam Dunk and would fit the Prima sound, and I think someone mentioned Turnover are in Europe around that time too, seem like a good fit.

i think Gabi said something positive about Deftones in a Q&A before Xmas.

there's a few other rock acts on here at the same time that i'd like to see, although doubt we'll get any of them:

large_581a63942c26690c2ee1b5e7a67bc4ef.p

21 minutes ago, Orens said:

The absence of Kendrick Lamar, Anderson .Paak and Soulwax from both Boston Calling and Gov Ball makes me hope PS will snatch them. Soulwax are playing Coachella in April (after playing Sonar, FiB and BBK since 2016), while Kendrick and Anderson are playing Hangout in the US, less than two weeks ahead of PS.

Very good point.

1 hour ago, sgreen7643 said:

Ooo, is Kendrick back in as a possibility? I thought there was chat of him only doing festivals later in the summer? Sorry if I’m missing something! 

Kendrick, Nick Cave, Björk and The National would be my ideal headliners. 

Nothing's changed on that front. Guess people either haven't seen that or are hoping it doesn't come to fruition.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Nothing's changed on that front. Guess people either haven't seen that or are hoping it doesn't come to fruition.

Kendrick Lamar. 2014.

April-May: U.S.

May 31st: Barcelona

June 5th: Porto

June 7th: London

June 12th: back to the U.S.

He literally crossed the pond to play Primavera so I guess he can do it again regardless his August tour. But I reckon it's a long shot.

Anyway, Watain confirmed themselves via a Spanish magazine. I guess they are this year's Gojira.

8 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Kendrick Lamar. 2014.

April-May: U.S.

May 31st: Barcelona

June 5th: Porto

June 7th: London

June 12th: back to the U.S.

He literally crossed the pond to play Primavera so I guess he can do it again regardless his August tour. But I reckon it's a long shot.

Anyway, Watain confirmed themselves via a Spanish magazine. I guess they are this year's Gojira.

Well yeah but it was literally Gabi who said he won't be coming to Europe until late Summer, in response to a question about him being at Prima, so that would make no sense if he's doing late Summer in Europe but also coming over for Prima.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Well yeah but it was literally Gabi who said he won't be coming to Europe until late Summer, in response to a question about him being at Prima, so that would make no sense if he's doing late Summer in Europe but also coming over for Prima.

I don't think he said last summer, I think he meant the then-unannounced Winter arena tour. Gabi also said on a later chat that he's going to see Kendrick in Paris with his daughter.

Gabi loves to brag about how hard is to get an act they already booked before the announcement. It has happen literally every year (I especifically asked for The Replacements and Frank Ocean and got a similar answer). Also, I knew the he was rumoured to play Reading and late summer fest but didn't remember Gabi originated the rumour although I could've slept on this one.

Just now, Orens said:

I don't think he said last summer, I think he meant the then-unannounced Winter arena tour. Gabi also said on a later chat that he's going to see Kendrick in Paris with his daughter.

The arena tour is in Feb/March. The initial translation that got posted here was him saying Kendrick won't be in Europe until later in the year but it was then clarified by others that what he'd actually said was late Summer.

Despite the commercial success of previous years, Primavera does need one big name probably to give them peace of mind that tickets will sell out.

Kendrick Lamar would probably achieve that. Wouldn't put it past Gabi to throw people off the scent though. He's quite mischievous like that.

He linked to a list of Best 30 Rap Albums of 2017 and Kendrick wasn't on it. Gah, I don't know! 

3 minutes ago, Nesser said:

He also linked a couple of End of Year Lists where #1 and #2 were Lorde and Kendrick. But honestly, the sooner we accept we won't get him this year, the better.

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Despite the commercial success of previous years, Primavera does need one big name probably to give them peace of mind that tickets will sell out.

Kendrick Lamar would probably achieve that. Wouldn't put it past Gabi to throw people off the scent though. He's quite mischievous like that.

He linked to a list of Best 30 Rap Albums of 2017 and Kendrick wasn't on it. Gah, I don't know! 

Just ignore whatever Gabi tweets and stick to the facts.

Obviously it's unlikely, but based on the known dates there's not reason to rule him out yet.

Meanwhile, apparently the 'chosen ones' have only seen 30% of the poster.

8 minutes ago, Orens said:

Just ignore whatever Gabi tweets and stick to the facts.

Obviously it's unlikely, but based on the known dates there's not reason to rule him out yet.

Meanwhile, apparently the 'chosen ones' have only seen 30% of the poster.

They've also published the names of the 10 chosen ones and even links to some of their facebook pages.

PS is bringing back Slowdive to both Barcelona and Madrid in March, so I guess they're ruled out from both Primavera and Mad Cool (they decided to cancel their 2017 performance at the last minute after learning about the stuntman who was killed earlier that evening).