Primavera 2018

Runnerups

3 minutes ago, sgreen7643 said:

How come? Don't seem like a very Primavera act to me but I don't really know them that well tbh

Got my gf a ticket for xmas, she's a massive Beck fan so I realllllyyy hope he is playing. 

8 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

How come? doesn't strike me as a PS type booking.

They were announced for a festival in Greece 31 May. You don't think they suit Primavera, really?? I don't know,  i think they are a bit similar with The xx, and this kind of stuff.

40 minutes ago, cortomaltese said:
52 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

How come? doesn't strike me as a PS type booking.

They were announced for a festival in Greece 31 May. You don't think they suit Primavera, really?? I don't know,  i think they are a bit similar with The xx, and this kind of stuff.

haha, snap @DiscothequeDave!!

I guess you're right that there are similarities, but I think Primavera only goes for poppier acts like that when they have a load of critical acclaim - like The xx or (probably) Lorde. 

Edited by sgreen7643

38 minutes ago, jirrit said:

Hi, not much time to read through the whole thread I'm sorry... Are there any 'certain' bands out there already? Or when's the big announcement planned?

Mid-January announcement.

I don't think anything is certain yet but Thom Yorke and Nick Cave have been linked with NOS Primavera Sound in the Portuguese papers and I think The War on Drugs and The National have been confirmed by Gabi or someone or other.

The main thoughts on headliners at the moment are Nick Cave, Bjork and The National. There's a well-maintained Google doc here courtesy of @slowdive which catches you up with all the acts looking likely/unlikely/possible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

I don't have any source but a dear friend that lives in Barcelona says that Oasis (???) are strong rumoured to headline.

If this is the case, the reactions of the people who saw the lineup are justified :) 

0% Primavera material.

Stone Roses, Kasabian, Blossoms, Gallaghers and all the other uk indie lad-landfill will also not be booked.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Createur said:

0% Primavera material.

Stone Roses, Kasabian, Blossoms, Gallaghers and all the other uk indie lad-landfill will also not be booked.

I think the same, I only reported a rumour although strange.

• Upvote 1

Doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. 

For one, Liam Gallagher has only just released his debut.

Of course he will want to milk the current attention in him as a solo performer for as long as possible and playing as Oasis would only get in the way of that.

When they reform, they’ll go for the biggest nostalgia-backed paycheque and it won’t be at primavera.

The fact that surprisingly there have been no leaks actually confirms that there is no surprise superstar act on the bill. If there were, it would have got out by now. 

The reactions themselves tell you nothing. And in any case Oasis had one or two good albums and from then on were undescribably bad.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, JC-NYC said:

Not interested in Oasis either but... Blur did play one year... never say never...

Blur have far more diversity in their music and the more indie credentials that Oasis lack. 

Oasis would attract lagered up lads on holiday, some of whom would get into fights. 

You can't possibly think Primavera would pay a fortune for the aggro option (not that they are reforming anyway)? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, xxialac said:

The fact that surprisingly there have been no leaks actually confirms that there is no surprise superstar act on the bill. If there were, it would have got out by now. 

There have been pretty much no leaks in American festivals as well, lots of guessing so far. They just do a better work securing the information.

4 hours ago, Orens said:

There have been pretty much no leaks in American festivals as well, lots of guessing so far. They just do a better work securing the information.

Yes but the American festivals haven't told their lineups to 10 random punters! It only takes one of 10 to tell someone, saying to that person not to tell anyone. That person then tells someone else in confidence - and now the news is out there.

If Primavera were sitting on a big juicy 'secret', it would now quickly get out. 

So there is no juicy secret.  Biggish names will play Primavera but it won't be a massive surprise like Daft Punk/The Smiths/JFK/Jesus.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah but you're not going to tell friends at random about it, are you? You'll tell the friends for whom the information will generate an excited response i.e. the kinds of friends who go to these kinds of festivals.

Plus there were ten of them. One of them was even the manager of a record store I think. With respect, you're just one and it only takes one of the ten to have friends that care enough to spill the beans or tell their friends who will instead.

If ten people tell two friends and these two friends tell two friends, now you have 40 people who know and it only takes one to tweet or whatever.  

• Like 1