Primavera 2018

Runnerups

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You've been right about this kind of thing in the past. What makes you say that?

Haha. I have a very low success rate when it comes to predictions although I've been better of late.

Im sure DP were mentioned by Gabi briefly saying they might be planning something. It could be the reason for the delay. There's not many acts that would generate that level of reaction over such an age range of people (assuming it's the same act that they're all reacting to). 

That girl near the end was in tears. It's not the Yeah Yeah Yeahs she's crying tears of joy over.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

1 minute ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Haha. I have a very low success rate when it comes to predictions although I've been better of late.

Im sure DP were mentioned by Gabi saying they might be planning something and it could be the reason for the delay. There's not many acts that would generate that level of reaction over such an age range of people (assuming it's the same act that they're all reacting to). 

That girl near the end was in tears. It's not the Yeah Yeah Yeahs she's crying tears of joy over.

I think people behave very differently in front of the camera - in a way similar to hypnosis, people can be manipulated into exaggerating emotions. They have also been flown over from other countries to be there - inevitably their hearts will be racing.

Daft Punk is very very unlikely. The girl in tears could be reacting to 3 or 4 of her favourite acts being there rather than any one act.

If I'm not misremembering, you were the only one who called Avalanches so your predictions are def worth looking at!

11 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Im sure DP were mentioned by Gabi briefly saying they might be planning something. It could be the reason for the delay. There's not many acts that would generate that level of reaction over such an age range of people (assuming it's the same act that they're all reacting to). 

Didn't he say they're waiting for inspiration for their live show to tour? Or something roughly along those lines. I definitely got the sense that Gabi wasn't hinting that their return was forthcoming.

I don't really think I can buy into this thing that 'the marketing shows it's amazing, so it must be amazing'. If they didn't have this level of overreaction then it wouldn't have been worth posting.

I was gonna say earlier, imagine if you flew over there to have your reaction filmed and the lineup ended up being naff. Then I decided I'd probably just act amazed by it anyway to avoid awkwardness.

I don't think their reactions mean there's something huge/surprising on there. Even if the reactions are genuine, as has been said by others, it could just be that their favourite artist is on there. If I was one of those competition winners, hadn't been following the rumours and Jack White popped up on the screen I'd probably react like some of them.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I was gonna say earlier, imagine if you flew over there to have your reaction filmed and the lineup ended up being naff. Then I decided I'd probably just act amazed by it anyway to avoid awkwardness.

I don't think their reactions mean there's something huge/surprising on there. Even if the reactions are genuine, as has been said by others, it could just be that their favourite artist is on there. If I was one of those competition winners, hadn't been following the rumours and Jack White popped up on the screen I'd probably react like some of them.

They should have flown you over and showed you Muse, would've given them a whole marketing campaign in a single shot 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

There are too many messages so I don't know if it's been already said...

IMG_1682.PNG

I wouldn't take that as fact from Primavera, given their previous misleading countdown shenanigans.

But all the same I think we're looking at 90% in January, 10% chance of Thursday. Just doesn't make sense to announce too close to Christmas. 

27 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I think people behave very differently in front of the camera - in a way similar to hypnosis, people can be manipulated into exaggerating emotions. They have also been flown over from other countries to be there - inevitably their hearts will be racing.

Daft Punk is very very unlikely. The girl in tears could be reacting to 3 or 4 of her favourite acts being there rather than any one act.

If I'm not misremembering, you were the only one who called Avalanches so your predictions are def worth looking at!

That was the LCD reunion albeit a year early. I've been wrong about Daft Punk many many times. I can't actually go to PS next year so they're odds on to be there! You will be able to hear the sound of me kicking myself up the arse for miles around if it happens.

I wouldn't read into their reactions too much either. After being flown over to Barcelona and then having their reactions recorded on camera, I'd most of them felt as if they had to have an over the top reaction. No way would 10 people all react like that to a festival line up announcement otherwise.

Primavera are trusting them a lot to not leak the line up if they aren't announcing it for another 3 or 4 weeks, I would have assumed that they would show them the lineup only marginally before it was released to the public, but if they don't announce it tomorrow or Thursday we will be waiting another few weeks.

So far I am personally not in awe of any of the names who are likely to be at the festival, so the lineup is what will decide whether I travel over to it or not. I would think that they have some wild card up their sleeve, it would seem very predictable if it was just Nick Cave, The National & Bjork headlining. Who will the surprise be though? Jack White? Kendrick Lamar? Maybe Coachella will have the same surprise and they are waiting on Coachella to announce before they are allowed. 

23 minutes ago, arcuse said:

They've never in their whole career started a world tour in Europe + this article is from april? 

Original article is from June and updated 12/4/2017, which is December 4. Still, I also don't expect to see them on the bill, but who knows.

Maybe there is something in it getting announced on the day of the independence vote? Gabi's personal twitter said it's closed for the election, then the campaign started. I doubt it though.

If it's in January (which it looks like it will be), I think they'll have to get in before Coachella, because I can only imagine they are holding off to have an exclusive announcement. Arctic Moneys is still my tip, even though he's mentioned they're unlikely to play.

Personally, I'm craving an appearance from Chance The Rapper

Doing a little bit of research: Joan Baez, Robert Plant, Wizkid, Bjork, Patti Smith, Nick Cave, Fatboy Slim, Echo & The Bunnymen, The The, Noel Gallagher, Ezra Furman and Bonobo, Sampha all play uk shows this week of Primavera. Easily all plausible to play PS18 at some point. 

According to CoS Eminem, Beyoncé, and The Weeknd will headline Coachella. My guess is that Solange have put in a good word with her sister and we will see Beyonce at Primavera this year. Thats why them women cried in the video...

Edited by puckno
  • Downvote 1