Primavera 2018

Runnerups

I am starting to think that they will reveal the card this Thursday, the day of the Elections.

They put that ad on the streets in the same way of the pro-independence partys..

Now they share this video with a song called «Wake Up President», that seems to me a subliminal political message...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tigane said:

I am starting to think that they will reveal the card this Thursday, the day of the Elections.

They put that ad on the streets in the same way of the pro-independence partys..

Now they share this video with a song called «Wake Up President», that seems to me a subliminal political message...

Blimey,  what a great observation.  There has been a lot of political campaigning by the festival organisers.

Now I agree that is why that song was chosen and, yes, Thursday makes a lot of sense now.

There is a strong counterargument, however, that the announcement then would be drowned out by the media noise about the election.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sgreen7643 said:

Yeah it's a great campaign and has definitely got me hyped. If I am being totally honest I do not mind waiting for a few weeks now... agree it would be weird to announce before new year. 

I know it's a promo so hard to take on face value, but those people in the vid do seem genuinely surprised. I kinda feel there is a big Blur/Radiohead-style name lurking around. 

It depends, someone like Jack White could be a real shock to someone who's not on forums like this given he has no announced tour dates, though to be fair I doubt he'd get the same all round excitement that the acts you mention or someone like Kendrick would provide. 

Edited by kingcrawler

My prediction, though it lacks some electronic acts..;

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - The National - Björk - Beck
Patti Smith - Lorde - Thom Yorke (solo) -  The War On Drugs

Father John Misty - CHVRCHES - David Byrne - Fever Ray
Nils Frahm - Grizzly Bear - Deerhunter - Tyler, The Creator
Spoon - Vince Staples - Courtney Barnett - Strand Of Oaks

Edited by arcuse

1 minute ago, arcuse said:

My prediction, though it lacks some electronic acts..;

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - The National - Björk - Beck
Patti Smith - Lorde - Thom Yorke (solo) -  The War On Drugs - Bonobo

St. Vincent - Father John Misty - CHVRCHES - David Byrne
Fever Ray - Nils Frahm - Grizzly Bear - Tyler, The Creator
Spoon - Vince Staples - Courtney Barnett - Strand Of Oaks

Bonobo is playing Sonar, plus has Thursday-Friday gigs in London.

St. Vincent is playing Vida festival right near Barcelona, and David Byrne will play in the exact same venue of Primavera in mid-July.

Edited by Orens
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

Bonobo is playing Sonar, plus has Thursday-Friday gigs in London.

Ah, damn. Was looking at his tour dates but Sonar wasn't there so missed that. But I mean, David Byrne is playing Bilbao BBK, but I see him very likely for PS aswell or is there no crossover at all between the Spanish festivals?

3 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

a load of acts have been added to the We Love Green line up today, which takes place the same weekend as Primavera:

Saturday 2 June:
Migos - Jamie xx - orelsan - beck - lomepal - ibeyi - Jorja Smith - Honey Dijon &
Sunday 3 June:
Björk - Tyler, the Creator - King Krule - The Internet - Daphni - Father John Misty - Young Marco - Moritz Von Oswald

with Daphni in France on the 3rd, perhaps Caribou the previous night in BCN?

Caribou were announced yesterday for an Irish gig on 28th July, so the full band will be active in the summer....

13 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Ah, damn. Was looking at his tour dates but Sonar wasn't there so missed that. But I mean, David Byrne is playing Bilbao BBK, but I see him very likely for PS aswell or is there no crossover at all between the Spanish festivals?

It's not just Spanish festivals but small Barcelona festivals, which Byrne and Annie will headline. It would massively hurt both festivals' ticket sales, so I tend to think that's not going to happen.

1 hour ago, boaboaboa said:

Just saw this on twitter too: 

A good campaign... I think they’ll do some kind of audio/ visual campaign. One time only viewing of the line up? Impossible to stop screenshots though I guess...

Maybe a clue with the “can I see it again” quote at the end, also “this is a poster” as opposed to what’s on the billboards Gabi posted on Twitter.

Roll on the speculation

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I'm not so sure. You know you're being filmed, there's a lot of pressure to show you're excited. 

They might be reacting to the volume of good names, rather than the individual names themselves.

Plus half of them probably don't follow the forums like we do so have different expectations.

They must have had to play it up for the cameras. I've never reacted half as excited as some of those to any line up announcement.

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

I mean, it's highly unlikely they're all having the same reaction to one specific act. Also who's to say it has to be a huge artist? They might have wound up inviting a Fever Ray megafan. 

I would lose my shit if they announced a Boo Radleys reunion, whereas it wouldn't register with most people. 

I can definitely see people who have never seen e.g. The National being excited about The National being on there though it would be meh-worthy to a lot of other people.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I would lose my shit if they announced a Boo Radleys reunion, whereas it wouldn't register with most people. 

I can definitely see people who have never seen e.g. The National being excited about The National being on there though it would be meh-worthy to a lot of other people.

I can't. 

They're definitely faces that have seen either Prince or Daft Punk.

Clue - It's not Prince.