Primavera 2018

Runnerups

2016 Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem, PJ Harvey,Tame Impala, Sigur Rós, Animal Collective, Beach House, the Last Shadow Puppets, Brian Wilson (performing Pet Sounds), John Carpenter, Pusha T, Neon Indian, Ty Segall and the Muggers, Julia Holter, Savages, Air, Action Bronson, Vince Staples, Explosions in the Sky, Moderat, Drive Like Jehu, Dinosaur Jr., Deerhunter, Chairlift, Kamasi Washington, Battles, Thee Oh Sees, Holly Herndon, Protomartyr, Sheer Mag, DJ Koze, Empress Of, Beirut, Dâm-Funk, Parquet Courts, Shellac, Hudson Mohawke (DJ), Floating Points, Titus Andronicus, Nao, Freddie Gibbs, U.S. Girls, Black Lips, Evian Christ, Beak>, Jenny Hval, Royal Headache, Car Seat Headrest, Wild Nothing, Mudhoney, Cass McCombs, Tortoise, Suede, Downtown Boys, Alex G, Jay Rock, the Chills, Moses Sumney, Dungen

Not powerful??

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, xxialac said:

2016 Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem, PJ Harvey,Tame Impala, Sigur Rós, Animal Collective, Beach House, the Last Shadow Puppets, Brian Wilson (performing Pet Sounds), John Carpenter, Pusha T, Neon Indian, Ty Segall and the Muggers, Julia Holter, Savages, Air, Action Bronson, Vince Staples, Explosions in the Sky, Moderat, Drive Like Jehu, Dinosaur Jr., Deerhunter, Chairlift, Kamasi Washington, Battles, Thee Oh Sees, Holly Herndon, Protomartyr, Sheer Mag, DJ Koze, Empress Of, Beirut, Dâm-Funk, Parquet Courts, Shellac, Hudson Mohawke (DJ), Floating Points, Titus Andronicus, Nao, Freddie Gibbs, U.S. Girls, Black Lips, Evian Christ, Beak>, Jenny Hval, Royal Headache, Car Seat Headrest, Wild Nothing, Mudhoney, Cass McCombs, Tortoise, Suede, Downtown Boys, Alex G, Jay Rock, the Chills, Moses Sumney, Dungen

Not powerful??

well yes in my opinion

Blur, My Bloody Valentine, Wu-Tang Clan (!),  The Knife, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Phoenix, The Postal Service, Fiona Apple, Hot Chip, The Breeders performing Last Splash, Swans, Band of Horses, Deerhunter, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Dexys, James Blake, Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, Crystal Castles, Death Grips, Local Natives, Tinariwen, Rodriguez, Daniel Johnston, Neurosis, Dinosaur Jr., Shellac, Hot Snakes, Bob Mould, John Talabot, Disclosure, Killer Mike, Solange, Jessie Ware, Liars, Dead Can Dance, Titus Andronicus, and Fuck Buttons.

Neko Case, Kurt Vile and the Violators, Fucked Up, Meat Puppets, Dan Deacon, Four Tet, Foxygen, Simian Mobile Disco, The Vaccines, Thee Oh Sees, Matthew E. White, Apparat, Omar Souleyman, METZ, Daughter, Woods, Christoper Owens, DIIV, How to Dress Well, Goat, King Tuff, Mac DeMarco, Wild Nothing, Mount Eerie, OM, The Bots, Glass Candy, Menomena, Camera Obscura, The Sea and the Cake, Daphini, Guards, Merchandise, Savages, Nick Waterhouse, Poolside, and White Fence.

all in 2013

The best years have been 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016.

2011 will never be beaten for me. And Sufjan's gig that year was the best thing I have ever seen at the fest.

- Wednesday 25th: Caribou, Echo & The Bunnymen performing Heaven Up Here & Crocodiles, Las Robertas, Nisennenmondai.

-Thursday 26th: Baths, Big Boi, Blank Dogs, Caribou, Connan Mockasin, Cults, Das Racist, DM Stith, Ducktails, El Guincho, Emeralds, Factory Floor, The Flaming Lips, The Fresh & Onlys, Girl Talk, Glasser, Glenn Branca Ensemble, Gold Panda, Grinderman, Interpol, Islet, John Talabot, Of Montreal, Oneohtrix Point Never, P.I.L. (Public Image Limited), Salem, Seefeel, Smoke Fairies, Sonny & The Sunsets, Sufjan Stevens, Suicide, Suuns, Toundra, Triángulo de Amor Bizarro, The Walkmen.

-Friday 27th: Aias, Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, Arto Lindsay, Autolux, Avi Buffalo, Battles, Barry Hogan DJ, Belle & Sebastian, Carte Blanche, Dan Melchior und Das Menace, Del Rey, DM Stith, Field Music, Explosions In The Sky, The Fiery Furnaces, Ford & Lopatin (Former Games), Half Japanese, James Blake, Julian Lynch, Kode9 Burial Set, Lichens, Lindstrom, Low, M. Ward, Male Bonding, Matthew Dear - Live Band, The Monochrome Set, The National, No Joy, Pere Ubu plays "The Annotated Modern Dance", Pissed Jeans, Pulp, Shellac, Simian Mobile Disco, Sufjan Stevens, Tennis, Twin Shadow.

-Saturday 28th: The Album Leaf, Animal Collective, The Black Angels, Caspa, Cloud Nothings, Cuzo + Damo Suzuki, Darkstar, Davila 666, Dean Wareham plays Galaxie 500, Dj Coco, DJ Shadow, Einstürzende Neubaten, Fleet Foxes, Gang Gang Dance, Gonjasufi, Holy Ghost!, James Blake DJ, Jamie XX, John Cale & Band + BCN216 perform PARIS 1919, The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Kode9 And The Space Ape, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Mercury Rev, Mogwai, Money Mark, Nosoträsh, Odd Future, Papas Fritas, Perfume Genius, Phosphorescent, PJ Harvey, Rubik, The Soft Moon, Swans, The Tallest Man On Earth, tUnE-yArDs, Ty Segall, Warpaint, Wolf People, Yuck.

-Sunday 29th (Poble Espanyol): BMX Bandits, Deakin, Mercury Rev perform Deserter's Songs, My Teenage Stride, The Vaccines

11 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I agree with you but thinking about it its not that different to 2016’s headliners is it? LCD were the youngest of them and they’d been around for over 10 years, although I do admit that they appeal to a younger crowd than any of the four likely names this year. As I mentioned earlier on this page, having some acts like Lorde, SZA, Vince Staples etc below the headliners will work just as well imo.

Don't underestimate the mass appeal of Radiohead among various demographics, not a typical PS headliner.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

From the official site forum. Don't see any reason to just make it up but I suppose they could have had misinformation.

Who wrote this? Has he given further information? Have they seen the full poster, or just a big part of it?

We can assume the leaks will indicate some acts going in, but still probably can't rule out any act.

There's a simple solution. Looking at  the names on twitter...

...Sabrina, LP records, the other 8 invitees - sure one of you will have stumbled on this forum.  Post some of the names on here anonymously and no one will ever know it was you. It's not disloyalty - it now sells out every year anyway and if anything you're helping to spread the hype...

Edited by xxialac

On 15/12/2017 at 2:38 PM, xxialac said:

Not powerful??

Well it was a little weaker than most. Radiohead almost broke it on the Friday. Firstly, the were a lot of good acts on at the same time, presumably to draw people away from Mordor. So I ended up only seeing a bit of Tortoise, Shellac, Dinosaur Jr, and Tim Gane’s band because they all clashed - and all ended up playing to small crowds too. Then the people who’d been watching Radiohead came back, subdued and bored and talked through all the other bands. 

LCD in Barts, Mudhoney on the Sunday and the closing party at the Apollo rescued it. It also suffered, like this year from the loss of the ATP stage. 

To me it's an unbelievably strong lineup. And doesn't even reference the incredible LCD show in Barts - was mindblowing to have that as a freebie *before* the Wednesday warm up night. Also I had forgotten to include Andy Shauf and Lubomyr Melnik in thh auditori - both moving starts to the first two nights. Also doesn't include the Avalanches, though admittedly they were a bit rubbish.

Fond memories..

ps agree on the ATP stage, though in its original glorious setting (the amphitheatre) it's been gone for, what, 5 years now?

I didn’t downvote you - I think, everybody has a different experience- who  I to say that wasn’t your best year? 

Lubomyr Melnik was superb. 

I certainly agree the old ATP stage was outstanding. I think I feel in love with Primavera watching Shellac and Codene there in 2012. But after the move it still brought Neutral Milk Hotel, Sunn O))) and Einstraden Neubarton to Primavera. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Createur said:

They've stated several times that the Line-Up will be released mid-January.

It looks like this will be the case now...

I do wonder what type of campaign they will roll out before then with these competition winners though. The Instagram stories were interesting, so my guess will be a video series that will show reactions to the announcement, some kind of hashtag and maybe a few unofficial leaks.

Strange that they all had headphones on though, and we're all shown individually.

6 minutes ago, Declan said:

I didn’t downvote you - I think, everybody has a different experience- who  I to say that wasn’t your best year? 

Lubomyr Melnik was superb. 

I certainly agree the old ATP stage was outstanding. I think I feel in love with Primavera watching Shellac and Codene there in 2012. But after the move it still brought Neutral Milk Hotel, Sunn O))) and Einstraden Neubarton to Primavera. 

You’re right on all points, sorry 

• Like 1