Primavera 2018

Runnerups

5 minutes ago, Createur said:

You will be very disappointed, nothing will leak until January.

Many people will post made-up "rumoured" Line-Ups, though.

Nah, you're wrong. Someone will leak it or at least leak the headliners. 

10 random people with a secret and access to social media. Obviously it will leak.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

10 random people with a secret and access to social media. Obviously it will leak.

"Someone". That's the point. PS team will hire several "Someones" who will post "leaked" Line-Ups + the trolls who will have their own posters "ready".

There will be a flood of leaked und rumoured Line-Ups after this weekend on the social networks, that's their media campaign for the festival this year. All will feature the known names like The National, Nick etc. and all of them will sound more or less reliable. And in the end nobody will be able to tell which Line-Up will be the true one.

The full Line-Up won't be shown, either. 1/2 headliner will be missing as well as a ton of other stuff which noone will know about until January.

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I think they want it to leak. And I've just had a thought....

at the end of last year's fest, they teased this year using the Unexpected Primavera hashtag again. 

I know it's a weird idea but could all the ambiguity and confusion be mixed in - maybe we won't see a complete line up as we know it. 

Just now, chemica said:

I think they want it to leak. And I've just had a thought....

at the end of last year's fest, they teased this year using the Unexpected Primavera hashtag again. 

I know it's a weird idea but could all the ambiguity and confusion be mixed in - maybe we won't see a complete line up as we know it. 

They will definitely do unexpected Primavera once again.

I had mixed feelings about Unexpected Primavera. Arcade Fire secret show one of the highlights of the 3 days (as were some of the tiny gigs from Pond, Algiers etc) but it added an unnecessary element of stress to know that you might be missing something you really wanted to see unless you were glued to your bloody phone.

• Like 1

There has to be someone big that they're holding back on, to give a big old "buy tickets" kind of push...

When Frank Ocean was announced last year (admittedly, not on the level I'm thinking of) and Radiohead the year before, it was the start of a bigger announcement announcing shows around Europe/ the world.

Having The National and Bjork like every other festival in Europe this year isn't going to cut it.

Also in regards to this weekends events, it's marketing for the festival, they want the line up to leak. As to how much information the'll give the people attending is another thing entirely. It seems like a waste of time to fly loads of people over on a free lunch and give them fake posters, or altered line-ups.

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Well 10 people will know this weekend.

If they give each one a 'fake name' in order to see who then subsequently leaked it (a pointless exercise as no means of sanctioning that person), then if two people compare lists, they will see which names were fake and thus have the accurate lineup.

aside from that relying on people being co-ordinated to leak it, there is no way of knowing what deal PS came to with the 10 competition winners.

are they being given free VIP tickets to the festival? if so, are people willing to jeopardise their ticket(s) to leak a lineup a month in advance?

slightly less likely, but the travel and accomodation costs were included for those who have to travel form outside Barcelona. will this be paid by the competition winners, but reimbursed by PS in January? if so, will they risk that to leak it?

the lineup may very well leak, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if PS have some safe-guards in place to discourage the competition winners from leaking it.

31 minutes ago, LJAGMnew said:

Several interesting things from this Q&A:

- The lineup should be revealed after January 15:
http://www.foroazkenarock.com/t58306p150-ask-me-anything-gabi-ruiz-ya-empieza#7088163

- He was asked about the winners this weekend and the possibility of leaking, this is what he said (forgive googla translate on the poor english): We'll see what happens. It is an experiment that we do not know how it will end. In any case we are going to laugh a while and we are going to spend this Saturday with 10 freak from half the world who come to help us with this. Just knowing them is worth the whole story.
http://www.foroazkenarock.com/t58306p150-ask-me-anything-gabi-ruiz-ya-empieza#7088197

Maybe sharing bands with BBK
http://www.foroazkenarock.com/t58306p150-ask-me-anything-gabi-ruiz-ya-empieza#7088228

21 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

It's 8 posts down, someone asked Gabi whether Jack White would play.

"The first very clear, is it the year of Jack White?"

"I think so"

Thanks, dunno how I missed that.

Jack White would be great for me, but a bit surprising if the headliners are him, Nick, The National and Bjork. Doesn't really serve the younger crowd they seem to be cultivating recently. 

12 minutes ago, sgreen7643 said:

Thanks, dunno how I missed that.

Jack White would be great for me, but a bit surprising if the headliners are him, Nick, The National and Bjork. Doesn't really serve the younger crowd they seem to be cultivating recently. 

I was thinking the same thing. Even if all of those acts are quite different, it does lack a younger headliner but I guess having acts like Lorde, Tyler the Creator and Vince Staples in prominent positions would work just as well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LJAGMnew said:

Interesting when he talks about the booking process and the way they select the artists.

Don't know if it was a subtle hint, but saying that his most listened to record this month was Future. Potential headliner, i suppose, two big albums in 2017 and fresh off the back of a world tour.