Primavera 2018

Runnerups

8 hours ago, Nesser said:

Cigarettes are playing three shows in Spain in three weeks. I reckon they belong to the 2017 tour but I can't see them playing Primavera again in the same album cycle after 4 shows in the country, two of them in Barcelona. On the other hand, two of these November shows -Madrid and Barcelona- sold out like two months ago so the hype is real over here.

Besides Disclosure and their epic boom between 2013 and 2014, can't remember a band booked two years in a row for the fest. The 2018 dates are there, Gabi & co are betting on them (Primavera Bcn + Oporto + club shows several months later) and yet I'm having a hard time seeing them on the 2018 poster.

tl;dr: can't see em playing, i'm wrong and they're in.

Technically CaS haven't played in the Forum, only in the Apolo on Tuesday, and I heard a lot of people haven't managed to get in. I can totally see them booked for a proper festival gig.

5 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

So, saying NIN have already been doesn't necessarily mean they won't play again right? 

Anyway, QOTSA are looking very good. In Europe just after and finish US tour before. Id count them in 

I don't understand Spanish but he probably meant there's no point in getting NIN for another headline gig again without a new album coming out (only 2 EP's so far).

Madrid's Mad Cool seems to be teasing QOTSA as its first headliner, will be official by tomorrow, so no unfortunately I don't think Primavera has Josh & co. this time.

Darn!

NIN will have a new EP out by the end of the year. Possibly January. But we know Trent and how he is at keeping timelines. Not The Actual Events and Add Violence are part of a trilogy. He lyrically and conceptually had it all planned out and aimed to have it finished by the end of the year with essentially it combining into an album to tour with. I am hoping too much. My two fests this year are Coachella and this and I just want them to turn up somewhere. 

Shame about QOTSA :( That would have softened the blow of NIN.

Regardless, this fest has the best line up of the circuit normally. Although Day for Night in Houston is very tempting. 

Recent tweet from Gabi (translated with Google):  

"There have been a few proposals that I think will enrich the PS18 poster and that will take us a little more time to work. It seems that the full poster will be announced in mid-January."

17 hours ago, Lars said:

Recent tweet from Gabi (translated with Google):  

"There have been a few proposals that I think will enrich the PS18 poster and that will take us a little more time to work. It seems that the full poster will be announced in mid-January."

Hopefully Arctic Monkeys  have become a possibility. They're supposed to be headlining TRNSMT next year aren't they?

56 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

what are the Deftones and TWOD bits above meant to mean?

I had a look at the original post in Spanish. 
Loves TWOD and they're big sellers. If it was up to him, they'd be headliners. 
[on twitter at the weekend he appeared to confirm them at ps18]
There will be some metal at ps18. He wouldn't put Deftones in the metal category but they are a band that could play PS

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

what are the Deftones and TWOD bits above meant to mean?

I'm guessing it means if TWOD played they'd be a headliner. And the Deftones thing seems to be something along the lines of 'they're not the sort of metal we usually book, but we'd consider them' 

• Upvote 1