Beck 
Father John Misty 
Flying Lotus 3D 
Mashrou? Leila 
Sylvan Esso 
Alexis Taylor 
Agoria Live 

https://www.allpointseastfestival.com/festival

Just a reminder: Gabi will have another live chat tomorrow (Tuesday), 12:00PM BCN timezone. Things are happening.

If anyone here speaks Spanish/(Catalan), we'd obviously love to read his answers.

From the APE lineup I'd be all for LCD (although no chance), YYYs, Lorde, Beck. All of those are probably Mordor acts, FWIW, but more than 100 acts are yet to be announced.

Won't be listening to this chat until a couple of hours later but I'll try to sum up what he says. They haven't reveal anything but The Avalanches a couple of years ago after the line-up dropped and there is no reason to expect anything different but a chat scheduled after the London announcement where one of your (female!) headliners was revealed? I want to believe too but I think we're gonna end up frustrated and with zero new names. Anyway, it's always interesting to hear what Gabi says and doesn't say about the fest.

-New stage (for now called Chiringuito) in the same sand on the beach, djs, rock groups, pop, you can eat and bathe. 
-Do not come Pearl Jam (just in case someone doubted it), or Jane's Addiction 
-No Pavement, maybe next year. 
-Not either Roni Size (the live he does now is a tease anyway). 
-My Bloody Valentine does not release disc, it's Kevin alone. 
-Ni Fugazi or the Galaxy 500 looks like they're going to play again. 
-Compare the sign with a locomotive, with a lot of muscle, compact. 
- There will be metal, the same number of groups as always. 
-The National almost confirmed. 
- Maybe Lorde? Mura Masa? 
-They know names: would you like Mica Levi, John Zorn (seems difficult), Bombay Royale? 
-Ark? He has never been and they like it. 
-No Iron Maiden or Metallica because it's hard to set the stage. 
-Gary Numan already came. Scott Walker impossible, the Chromatics do not play because they have moved with the seal. 
-The Cars do not touch, the NIN have already been, like the Horros, Badalamenti complicated. 
-The Cocteau Twins seems impossible. For now there is no group that plays an entire album. 
-Repeat Primavera Club bands. 
-It seems that the Artic Monkeys do not. 
-Robert Wyatt would like it. 
-A pair would like NOFX. 
-Morrissey one year of these falls. 
-Cartel very advanced but they have many things to confirm with the groups. The announcement of the poster is being recorded this weekend. Possibly before Christmas is the poster. 
-Gabi says that the poster is milk, that there are many bands spinning and that it will be successful. 
-They try to fix the floor of Mordor. 
-With the Chiringuito the festival will grow in size a little.

-Other facebook live in month and little with the poster.

to be continued.

Edited by slowdive
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hip Priest said:

new stage on the beach, will have daytime gigs that have been in city centre in other years

NO to Pearl Jam, Pavement, Jane's Addiction, Roni Size.

The daytime gigs were my favourite thing this year - so not sure how I feel about the stage being out of town - even if it is on a beach.

Thanks all for the updates though.

I'm a bit confused. Primavera Pro is in the CCCB in the Raval and it makes sense to have the day concerts there, as there is space there already and it is where the industry gathers. These day concerts have been in town for the last 6 years or so.

That said, I'll be based in Poblenou and this would save me schlepping into town so would work brilliantly for me.

Hip Priest, you might be right but what makes you say that they might go for the dual arrangement? Did Gabi say that?

Can anyone clarify?

Primavera has booked tons of Barcelona/Mardid indoor concerts in November, which weren't sold out yet:

2-3 Julie Byrne

6-7 Jungle + Gengahr

9 Aldous Haring + H. Hawkline

15 Algiers

17 Julien Baker

17 + 19 Metz + Darhla

18 Father John Misty + Weyes Blood

22 Thurston Moore Group

23 + 24 Thundercat

26 + 27 Perfume Genius

Most of those could fit the Primavera Sound bill. Publishing another performances of those so early on the poster while sabotaging the sales of the indoor concert would be pointless. The festival was sold out in January over the last couple of years, so there is no rush.

I bet we would get the mostly full poster by the end of November, just like last year.

• Upvote 2

I saw Cigarettes After Sex at the Apolo gig they did on the Tuesday before Primavera this year and they were ridiculously dull. I'm not really a fan of them on record but they don't come across well live at all. 

There's no Spanish dates on Alvvays tour too so I guess they seem pretty nailed on for this.

Cigarettes are playing three shows in Spain in three weeks. I reckon they belong to the 2017 tour but I can't see them playing Primavera again in the same album cycle after 4 shows in the country, two of them in Barcelona. On the other hand, two of these November shows -Madrid and Barcelona- sold out like two months ago so the hype is real over here.

Besides Disclosure and their epic boom between 2013 and 2014, can't remember a band booked two years in a row for the fest. The 2018 dates are there, Gabi & co are betting on them (Primavera Bcn + Oporto + club shows several months later) and yet I'm having a hard time seeing them on the 2018 poster.

tl;dr: can't see em playing, i'm wrong and they're in.