Primavera 2018

Runnerups

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I think you're right.

I'm also hoping that the All Points East festival will have a similar lineup to PV and put the breaks on the the British numbers a bit, which have been growing every year.

It's still manageable but for me PV would lose its fantastic Catalan identity if too many more came over attracted by the sun and more commercial headliners (and I say this as a British person).

It's somewhat ironic, as a Brit, that you don't want more Brits... what entitles you to be justified to go and others not??

its a festival that is built on its roots and location - it won't ever lose its ethos of great array of music in beautiful destination regardless of crowd make-up. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, chemica said:

It's somewhat ironic, as a Brit, that you don't want more Brits... what entitles you to be justified to go and others not??

its a festival that is built on its roots and location - it won't ever lose its ethos of great array of music in beautiful destination regardless of crowd make-up. 

I obviously appreciated the irony as I mentioned it.

Yours is a straw man argument. Never did I say I deserved to go over others. I just said I hoped that the British numbers would not rise above where they are currently are. You're confusing the two.

And I don't agree at all that a festival in Barcelona wouldnt lose its ethos if the crowd changed. When I go abroad, I want to attend events which have the enrichening presence of, you know, the people who actually live there.

Primavera Sound with local people priced out would be a more soullesss experience. And also I definitely don't want to see the growing creep of the drunk Brit lads on tour that types already invade places like Benicassim.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I didn't like the crowd in Barcelona when I went, but I think most of them were there for Blur anyway. I hope they don't start booking knob bands like Kasabian, Gallaghers etc. Porto has a much better crowd and atmosphere having been to both, not many Brits, and most are older rather than druggy student types. 

On 23/10/2017 at 5:11 PM, xxialac said:

If that's true I would now expect Primavera to be headlined by 

- Bjork

- The National 

- Nick Cave

and the usual brilliant undercard

Not much excitement there, but as always it's in the undercard. Jawbreaker, Capn Jazz, The Feelies, Bash n Pop please and I'd love the Pumpkins if the reunion happens, even if Billy is a knob. 

lmao that's great!

Personally I'd temper it down by slinging Kendrick, Missy Elliott, Vampire Weekend (doubt those three will be around) and Sufjan's crew (he's already rebuffed PS supposedly) and then moving Future Islands, Grizzly Bear and Chic up the bill onto the top section. Needs more Yeah Yeah Yeahs too but it's good nonetheless, the rest of those headliners should be about right.

Edited by dentalplan

5 hours ago, Han-Tyumi said:

Not sure if they'll be exciting for anyone.. but I know Clap Your Hands Say Yeah will be on the bill. 

I am 32, pretending I'm back in the indie disco circa 2005 is both awesome... and tragic :D I'm absolutely fine with this addition :) Yellow Country Teeth at 2am rayban sounds good to me!