Primavera 2018

Runnerups

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I went once more or less on my own once and it was fine. Was easy to make friends (just go to Can Paixano) and there's a meetup group.

One bonus is that you get to see the music you like.

Yeah it's just like getting flights that worries me, I've not left the country in years.

23 hours ago, xxialac said:

Good point @Nesser.

I saw Father John Misty last week and he played with an orchestra. Was magnificent.

I was also at that auditori show 6 years ago and couldn't imagine at the time he would be headlining festivals!

I know he divides people but he totally commits to his performances and was a level above anyone else I saw so I really hope they book him again.

It seems he's been doing the orchestra thing for a while since he pulled it off at Roskilde (!) so I can imagine that Gabi and co have pitched him a sundown spot at Mordor -Demarco's spot last year and Damien Rice's one a few years ago- with a full orchestra behind him. 

10 hours ago, Tuna said:

Yeah, I stayed in a 4 bed near the Sagrada Familia. Was much cheaper than equivalent hotels, for sure.

Won't be for much longer. They've started a huge crack down on cheap (and sometimes illegal) Airbnb's in Barca this summer so prices are gonna go up over the next year. 

The subs are very often better than the headliners and lots of them and then the undercard is always spectacular so people who are disappointed because of the headliners probably aren't open-minded enough to try new things or like ticking names of lists/showing off to their friends.

MBV is never the wrong answer! Also looks like Christopher Owens will be back with his new band.

30 minutes ago, xxialac said:

MBV is never the wrong answer! Also looks like Christopher Owens will be back with his new band.

I'll always regret not seeing Girls live :(

15 hours ago, James96 said:

Kevin Shields playing Sigur Ros's Iceland festival in December. Maybe planning on doing a couple of festival appearances next year?

https://nordurognidur.is/

Also in that profile, is the announcement of a new MBV album!

What sort of stuff does he play solo? If he plays City Girl I'm all for it.

Had a go at this...

GORILLAZ     CHANCE THE RAPPER     THE NATIONAL

Lorde     Yeah Yeah Yeahs     the Roots     the War on Drugs     M.I.A.

St. Vincent    Father John Misty    the The     Tyler, the Creator     FKA Twigs

Grizzly Bear     Mastodon     Steve Reich     Stormzy     Hot Chip     

Future Islands     Joey Bada$$     George Clinton & Parliament/Funkadelic     Sparks

Anderson  Paak      Angelo Badalmenti plays music from Twin Peaks    the Jesus Lizard     

At the Drive-in     Thundercat     Kurt Vile & Courtney Barnett     Mogwai     Feist

Death From Above     Alvvays     SZA     Danny Brown     Wolf Parade     Los Planetas

Deerhunter    Perfume Genius     Carly Rae Jepsen     Chromatics     Kelela     Melvins

Mary Margaret O’Hara     Tune-Yards     Oh Sees      Shellac     Lift to Experience

James Holden & the Animal Spirits     Four Tet     Zola Jesus     Liars     Ariel Pink

Arca     Manel    Aldous Harding     Princess Nokia     Shabazz Palaces     Karyyn     Ibeyi

Thurston Moore Group     Tim Hecker     Deerhoof     the Moonlandingz     Mount Eerie

75 Dollar Bill     Anna Meredith     Ata Kak     Avey Tare     Big Thief     Blanck Mass     Cate Le Bon     

DJ Coco     Dawn of Midi     Denzel Curry     Ex Eye     Forest Swords     Frankie Cosmos     Girlpool     Girl Ray

Helado Negro     HMLTD     Holy Fuck     Hurray For The Riff Raff     Idles     Jambinai     Japanese Brekfast     Jay Som

Jlin     Joana Serrat     John Maus      Joyce Manor     Julie Byrne     Kikagaku Moyo     METZ

Midori Takada     Noname     Oliver Coates     Omni     Oso Leone     Ought     Paus      Pissed Jeans     Protomartyr

Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever     Radiator Hospital     Refree     Ryley Walker      (Sandy) Alex G

Svper     Toundra      Vagabon     Visible Cloaks     Waxahatchee     Xylouris White     Za!