Primavera 2018

Runnerups

On 15/6/2017 at 5:55 PM, Orens said:

QOTSA's new album, Villains, will be released August 25.

No Spain dates on their winter tour, could indicate a summer festival headline spot? It did for The National (2018), Bon Iver, The xx, etc.

It could be but assuming The National are locked and the thing with Kendrick, QOTSA would be the third headliner from 2014 coming back so I don't think so. Besides, there are plenty of Spanish festivals where QOTSA are a much more likely band to play.

Wonder if Lorde would fly at Primavera? She is Pitchfork's darling right now and the new album is very very good. 

Chance the Rapper and/or Kendrick would be amazing. 

Lorde is playing at Palau Sant Jordi aka the biggest indoor venue in Barcelona. If she played, she'd headline so nope.

3 hours ago, Nesser said:

It could be but assuming The National are locked and the thing with Kendrick, QOTSA would be the third headliner from 2014 coming back so I don't think so. Besides, there are plenty of Spanish festivals where QOTSA are a much more likely band to play.

Lorde is playing at Palau Sant Jordi aka the biggest indoor venue in Barcelona. If she played, she'd headline so nope.

Weird considering her UK tour is only at small/medium venues, unless that's just a Melodrama warmup tour before doing an arena tour later. I wouldn't even mind her as a headliner tbh, but not sure if something like The National/Kendrick/Lorde would fly. 

Edited by Koroviev

On 6/18/2017 at 0:16 PM, Nesser said:

The only way I could sit through her is if it was Randy Marsh doing his impression. 

The delay in making an "early bird" announcement makes me think there'll be a change in the ticketing arrangements this year. Primavera have made comments before about how early sell-outs, ie before the projected full price tickets have even gone on sale, have hit their budget. I'd say they are contemplating just having a flat rate. We'll see...

Documentary about Primavera on Spanish telly last night. In Spanish of curse though lots of interviews with groups and fans (incl Big Jeff) in English

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/festivales-de-verano-de-la-2/festivales-verano-2-primavera-sound-2017/4074698/

I watched the Glasto set too and was absolutely incredible. Someone asked Gabi what artists he wanted to book but couldn't and he named ATCQ, Thundercat and Paak. Given the fact that they can put him wherever they want -I can see him playing at 9pm at Mordor and being an absolutely banger-. If he decides to tour next year even without a new album I'd say it's locked.

• Upvote 2

Paak is a completely electric performer and if they book him I'll be ecstatic. Also would love to have Wu Tang back but for christsake bring Method Man and Raekwon this time.

Can't believe I'm looking forward to seeing an artist at Primavera 2018 already and accommodation all booked!

The Glasto set was incredible, so smooth. My man @gal1804 was there at the first row and caught his drummer his at the end. Superb.

Anderson also wore a onesie of Malibu, like a whole suit. My album of the year for 2016 is currently also starring as suit of the year 2017...

That's the show I'm looking forward the most, either in Prima or any other place. But Prima will be superb, he just fits wherever you plug him.

IMG-20170623-WA0040.jpg

IMG_20170624_002216.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 6/23/2017 at 9:42 PM, xxialac said:

Lorde is utterly dreary MOR. 

Anderson Paak however, on the basis of tonight's Glastonbury set, is absolutely the man - so much charisma, brilliant performer, very high energy Surely the kind of act the organisers would want.

Agreed. I seen him on Jools a while back and made a mental note to investigate further. 

21 hours ago, donkeykong said:

Just back from Glastonbury with the usual post-festival blues.

Considering Primavera next year - when does it usually sell out, please?

Barcelona sells out quickly, Porto usually doesn't until a few days before, if at all. 

Last year's prices:

Reg ticket: 145 € the first two days, 175 € until January.

VIP ticket: 200 € the first two days (only ¿1000? ¿2000? can't remember), 300 € until sold out. Must have been vip the previously year.

Edited by Nesser