• Friday. Hey, at least your going :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is a properly weird one this year. 

Due to a collection of circumstances:

1. Mrs Woffy has zero leave left due to regular trips to Holland to see family with newest mini-Woffy. 

2. Childcare over Glastonbury weekend. 

3. My mates wife cancelling his ticket without him knowing until last week when she told him during a row (already told the story on here somewhere). He was taking his fishing trolley as usual and taking in my tent and setting it up ready for when we arrived Thursday pm. 

4. Me having just a little leave to use  

So. Now I'm:

- swapping my leave booked on Thursday afternoon to all day Wednesday.

- arriving during Tuesday night / Wednesday early am to get in the queue with 2 friends (a couple). 

- taking just camping stuff and and booze in with me. I can't expect my two mates to lug my tent in by hand.

- getting in on Wednesday and setting up the tent and putting booze in the lockups. 

- having a bimble round the site on Wednesday then go home just after rush hour. Takes about 1hr 15 mins.

- go to work on Thursday, which will be weird and fucking shit. I'll do nothing. 

- arrive back on Thursday pm with the Mrs after work when Mini Woffy is handed over to Grandparents and go on it, probably at Glasto Latino. 

Odd one. Really odd. 

Must. Not. Lose. Pass out. Ticket / Ticket / Wristband. 

Edited by Woffy

4 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Need a new category! Arriving (Hopefully!) Tuesday noon, if not before, CV East Fields. Ideally as close to the top of the hill of death as we can get. Stopping in a pub car park within 5 miles of the festival Monday night.

Snap!! What's the pub you're stopping at? I'm looking for somewhere to rest my head for a couple of hours.

Thursday around lunchtime. 4 of us driving from Scotland.

This will be my 5th Glastonbury and only did Wednesday the first year back in 2004. Don't feel I miss much arriving a day late. Also been in Worthy View the last few years so nice to arrive without the roads being jammed and searching for a camping spot.

My coach should arrive on site around 11am on the Wednesday and I'm in the fortunate position that all of my stuff will already be on site, but if you're not bothered about where you camp I wonder if there's mileage in arriving a little later on the Wednesday this year, if reports regarding increased bag searches at other festivals are anything to go by. Obviously this extra vigilance is a good thing in the current climate but I'm not sure that the majority of people understand just how much longer it's probably going to take to get through the gate

5 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Need a new category! Arriving (Hopefully!) Tuesday noon, if not before, CV East Fields. Ideally as close to the top of the hill of death as we can get. Stopping in a pub car park within 5 miles of the festival Monday night.

This

3 hours ago, MrZigster said:

My plan at the moment is to get past Stonehenge before all of the hipsters are queuing up for the solstice, find somewhere to hang for a couple of hours and then get there for the car parks opening on Tuesday night. .

Ahhh, what time does Stonehenge normally get busy? First time we've driven & obviously need to negotiate it Tuesday afternoon/evening 

12 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Ahhh, what time does Stonehenge normally get busy? First time we've driven & obviously need to negotiate it Tuesday afternoon/evening 

I'm sorry, but I honestly have no idea. It's always a crap drive around there anyway regardless..