The 2017 "How many days at work do you have left 'till Glastonbury?" thread

MrZigster

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A long 6.5 days still to go for me (including today). I much prefer taking more days off after the fest than before it, so am working up until Tuesday lunchtime - then a quick afternoon nap, last minute packing and then head up to Voctioria for a 1am coach.

36 minutes ago, TunaBaby said:

2 days of work and 24 hours worth of flights from NZ between me and worthy farm!

Are you a NZ native or have moved out there? I'm heading out to live for a couple of years in September.

Just about to wrap up, packed my aeropress from work into my laptop bag to add to my essential kit...

Flying out to budapest tomorrow for a few days at the spas then ill be heading to londawn in 7 days to catch the bus to site.... In short... Thats me, im on friggin holiday!!!

9 hours ago, mjsell said:

Are you a NZ native or have moved out there? I'm heading out to live for a couple of years in September.

Moved here from the UK not long ago. Good luck with your move here! I'm sure you will love it. Where abouts will you be based?

44 minutes ago, TunaBaby said:

Moved here from the UK not long ago. Good luck with your move here! I'm sure you will love it. Where abouts will you be based?

Will be starting in Auckland just because the other half can get teaching jobs lined up there pretty easily whilst here in England, but once we've sorted the main stuff and settled a bit we want to head to Wellington ideally. But it's a very open ended plan (or lack of plan).

I think once we are there things will get easier but at this point I don't have a clue what I'm doing for the first few weeks (in terms of accommodation, car, etc)

One down, four to go. 

Every fucker in my office had taken a dose of  Stupid Serum this morning I think, judging by the amount of ridiculous questions I was asked. I was then told I was 'too efficient' which given how much I'm procrastinating at the moment is just mad.

14 hours ago, mjsell said:

Will be starting in Auckland just because the other half can get teaching jobs lined up there pretty easily whilst here in England, but once we've sorted the main stuff and settled a bit we want to head to Wellington ideally. But it's a very open ended plan (or lack of plan).

I think once we are there things will get easier but at this point I don't have a clue what I'm doing for the first few weeks (in terms of accommodation, car, etc)

I wish you all the best with your move, and of course I hope you have an incredible festival! It's a very chilled country compared to the UK, I'm sure you will get sorted very quickly.