Confirmed secret sets 2017

SecretGlasto

Don't know if anyone knows Toots did a set up Shnagri La instead of Ratboy? 

Toots van had broke down they said on the stage so couldn't doWest Holts We were walking around Shangri la and on the old hell stage it said on the screen they were up next so we luckily caught them! Was gutted never showed at West Holts then got this intimate show instead.  

IMG_3603.JPG

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Yes it seems toots got to play truth stage as they couldnt make west holts. Was there just a massive gap on west holts then?

Avalanches started on time, so my guess is yes, I arrived without realising there'd been no toots

1 hour ago, uscore said:

What a shame about that interview with Brandon Flowers. Otherwise that might have been a truly secret set.

Yeah and then people who would have wanted to go might not have heard about it? No ta.

It was the best hour of my life. 

Just now, Odessa said:

Yeah and then people who would have wanted to go might not have heard about it? No ta.

It was the best hour of my life. 

And the people taking the risk would've been rewarded greatly (or, not).

Although there's no way to keep this shit completely secret these days. As soon as one person willing to spill the beans finds out, anybody willing to look also finds out. It's a shame 'cause turning up at that tent clueless and a headliner sized act rocking up unexpectedly would've been ace, and until a couple of days before it seemed like it was actually gonna go that way.

5 hours ago, barkley87 said:

Any idea why thom yorke didn't turn up to the dj set at the greenpeace tree Saturday night/Sunday morning?

I was sure I had read on efestivals a few weeks back that Thom's Greenpeace set was gonna be on Friday. I turned up, and there was a poster beneath the DJ saying Thom hasnt turned up (with a daft face of Thom). I genuinely felt it had been a publicity stunt to get people to come, and now you guys are saying it happened on Saturday too.

Intrigued to know why frank carter cancelled on sunday night at Strummerville. Seems a bit odd as they advertised is as a "very special guest" and then... nothing. Even the chap with the frank carter and the rattlesnakes flag had hiked up with said flag in tow. Was only real disappointment of festival for me. 

17 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

I was sure I had read on efestivals a few weeks back that Thom's Greenpeace set was gonna be on Friday. I turned up, and there was a poster beneath the DJ saying Thom hasnt turned up (with a daft face of Thom). I genuinely felt it had been a publicity stunt to get people to come, and now you guys are saying it happened on Saturday too.

Well that's a big pile of poo if true, and really bad form. Jarvis cocker and the replacement dj were really good so I'm not disappointed I went, but it is annoying to get people excited like that. 

54 minutes ago, Tyonks said:

Intrigued to know why frank carter cancelled on sunday night at Strummerville. Seems a bit odd as they advertised is as a "very special guest" and then... nothing. Even the chap with the frank carter and the rattlesnakes flag had hiked up with said flag in tow. Was only real disappointment of festival for me. 

Talking of Cancelled Gigs does anyone know what happened to RY X at the Gas Tower at the same time as the cancelled Frank Carter set?

1 hour ago, Tyonks said:

Frank was certainly very outspoken during his set. He threatened men who sexually assault women during with depapitation. I am of course disgusted by that behaviour and applaud the denouncement, but not sure if he went about it in the right way. Only a hunch, and in the absence of any other evidence, maybe they were pulled?

18 hours ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Frank was certainly very outspoken during his set. He threatened men who sexually assault women during with depapitation. I am of course disgusted by that behaviour and applaud the denouncement, but not sure if he went about it in the right way. Only a hunch, and in the absence of any other evidence, maybe they were pulled?

To be fair you're probabaly on to something there, although they must have known that he's always been, shall we say, a lively performer! 

21 minutes ago, Tyonks said:

To be fair you're probabaly on to something there, although they must have known that he's always been, shall we say, a lively performer! 

Asked in strummerville on saturday who the sunday tbc was and they told me it was supposed to be frank c but he had pulled out and they were looking for a replacement 

19 hours ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

I was told that the Ed/Crossaint Neuf set was pulled due to security concerns.  Bit of a shame but understandable!

Thats what I assumed. Such a shame, it would have been amazing for me and the 15 people who turned up! Still, why would they plan to do it and only change their mind close to the time?

I turned up to Strummerville for Sunday 10pm as the organisers were very excited about who they had lined up on the Thursday, so many people left when they realised there was FC and the Rattlesnakes.

Absolutely gutted I missed Toots on the Truth Stage, when was this on the Sunday, I went to see them at West Holts and was gutted they cancelled.

10 minutes ago, cloudb said:

Toots was playing around midnight on Saturday night.  SecretGlasto did not tweet about it.

I can understand them cancelling the Ed set on the back of The Killers.  I had no intentions of going for fear of my own safety.

Gutted - was actually by the Rum Shack at the time!