Confirmed secret sets 2017

SecretGlasto

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If true, secret sets from Arcade Fire, Gorillaz and Elbow would be pretty amazing. A former sub, stand in headliner and a full on proper headliner all playing unannounced sets is very impressive. And The Killers too could happen, but they are rubbish!

Just a  shame we've no idea when the first two might happen.

To answer @bigfurbdogg, the SE corner seems most likely if they're not doing Park or JPT. Strummerville/Crow's Nest doesn't have the facilities for visuals, does it?

Actually if I was forced to choose, I'd still go for JPT despite my misgivings. It's far and away the best place to put them.

We'll see. Maybe it'll just be Elbow!

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If true, secret sets from Arcade Fire, Gorillaz and Elbow would be pretty amazing. A former sub, stand in headliner and a full on proper headliner all playing unannounced sets is very impressive. And The Killers too could happen, but they are rubbish!

Just a  shame we've no idea when the first two might happen.

To answer @bigfurbdogg, the SE corner seems most likely if they're not doing Park or JPT. Strummerville/Crow's Nest doesn't have the facilities for visuals, does it?

Actually if I was forced to choose, I'd still go for JPT despite my misgivings. It's far and away the best place to put them.

We'll see. Maybe it'll just be Elbow!

Ye, I'm still thinking it'll be Elbow at the park, and then maybe 50% Gorillaz 50% Killers at JP. Wouldn't mind seeing the Killers personally, despite your misgivings. And then if Killers are on the JP then hopefully I can still catch Gorillaz a bit later on. 

Just trying to place Gorrilaz in the SE corner, and god knows. Maybe the 10:30-11:30 slot to avoid massive crowds, but then you have 'My Baby' as 90% for that slot. But why would they be a TBA for? 

Possibly, they could be the SHHH! Secrets set 4am-6am to end the festival?

Ive only got a Sunday ticket so will obviously be keeping an eye on the rumours and seeing who's played Fri and Sat, hopefully we'll have a better picture come Sunday morning. 

Anyway, enjoy the festival mate, so jealous of all you lot on Glastonbury eve.

6 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Sasha mentioned on his podcast this week that he's playing twice at Glastonbury, once on his own and once with Jon digweed. I can only find one slot which is the one he's playing with Digweed on the listings? Unless I'm going blind?

Its on the line-up - 

Bez's Flying Bus - Friday 1am

On 09/06/2017 at 9:49 AM, SecretGlasto said:

The Park Friday 19:30-20:30 - Elbow 75%/Arcade Fire 50%/Gorillaz 50%
:)

We need to talk about maths ;)

seriously though thanks again for this. Last year it was spot on for the ones we looked at

1 hour ago, Vanderlyle said:

Has anyone had a text from Secret Glasto yet? I haven't, just want to make sure I'll actually get it, so don't need to log on here every few hours...

Thanks for the work on this thread. How do I get onto the Secret Glasto text list?

Thanks.

P.

14 hours ago, rpfranks said:

I think the "Shhhh!" secret set at the Gas Tower on Sunday at 4am is Bjork, probably a DJ set of some kind. 

I reckon that it's Roni Size, as he was originally on the Shangri-La Gas Tower lineup but was then later quietly removed from the poster on the official website (see below). He's also closing Arcadia from 01:30-02:30 earlier that night.

594a5a6a20850_GasTower.png.675fb0d13bc0efada787b419d8f28663.png

Sorry if this has already been said but I just saw this on the BBC site 

FRIDAY 23 JUNE:

07:00 CHRIS EVANS, RADIO 2 (with live performances from The Courteeners and a stripped back Clean Bandit)

According to the listings Courteeners are playing on the sunday. They wouldn't be a secret set on the friday, would they ?

Confirmations that I've found for Crows Nest (sorry mainly no times and apologies if already published here)

Fri - Amber Arcades, Lemon Twigs, Shame (10pm)

Sat - Pictish Trail, King Gizzard

Sun - Let's Eat Grandma (7pm), Parcels, Flamingods (11pm)

Edited by rseamer

21 hours ago, TheNoise said:

Sorry if this has already been said but I just saw this on the BBC site 

FRIDAY 23 JUNE:

07:00 CHRIS EVANS, RADIO 2 (with live performances from The Courteeners and a stripped back Clean Bandit)

According to the listings Courteeners are playing on the sunday. They wouldn't be a secret set on the friday, would they ?

If it's acoustic, it'll just be Liam, and he may be on site for the whole festival anyway. What stage is this? Introducing? Courteeners are one of my girlfriend's faves!