Confirmed secret sets 2017

SecretGlasto

3 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

"THE HOP & LIQUOR

A great man once said “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy”. You will be more than happy with our choice of beers, ecstatic about our cocktails and overjoyed by the atmosphere. On Thursday we’re bringing you a very special DJ set from Savages – don’t miss it!"

So, Savages are on the farm. 

Where is the Hop and Liquor?

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

"THE HOP & LIQUOR

A great man once said “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy”. You will be more than happy with our choice of beers, ecstatic about our cocktails and overjoyed by the atmosphere. On Thursday we’re bringing you a very special DJ set from Savages – don’t miss it!"

More fuel for the Gorillaz fire if Jehnny Beth is on site. 

4 minutes ago, richy24 said:

From Eats Everythings Twitter feed. Wonder who the someone "Very very very very special" that he is playing b2b with on Friday night. Fatboy Slim?

Screenshot_20170620-153020.png

Ah I saw this earlier. Four "verys" in the special bit - must be pretty special!

11 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Ah I saw this earlier. Four "verys" in the special bit - must be pretty special!

On the official GF lineup he's on his own in this slot with no mentions of guests. It's the same on the Glades Facebook photo of the lineups.

16 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Could the 4x very's represent the 4x members of J.E.S.u.S?

They're all at the festival this year. Although Jackmaster's playing for half of the set on another stage.

5 minutes ago, payneruk said:

Could the 4x very's represent the 4x members of J.E.S.u.S?

They're all at the festival this year. Although Jackmaster's playing for half of the set on another stage.

Intriguing. If I had a beard, I'd be stroking it right now.

2 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

"THE HOP & LIQUOR

Sorta confirms Gorillaz secret set if Jehnny Beth is gonna be there

14 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Sorta confirms Gorillaz secret set if Jehnny Beth is gonna be there

It looks that way, but in reality, it only confirms a Savages DJ set.  

Having said that, I still think they're going to be there, but I've still no idea where.  You'd think JPT was the obvious slot, but that doesn't entirely jibe with Neil saying it could get cancelled if people knew about it.  I suppose they're still a big act, but after the reaction to their 2010 performance and the new album, I'm not sure that actually scheduling them on JPT would be a H&S risk - even if it would be a pretty big act for that stage.  Although I suppose things would be worse in that time slot.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
added "time"

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It looks that way, but in reality, it only confirms a Savages DJ set.  

Having said that, I still think they're going to be there, but I've still no idea where.  You'd think JPT was the obvious slot, but that doesn't entirely jibe with Neil saying it could get cancelled if people knew about it.  I suppose they're still a big act, but after the reaction to their 2010 performance and the new album, I'm not sure that actually scheduling them on JPT would be a H&S risk - even if it would be a pretty big act for that stage.  Although I suppose things would be worse in that time slot.

Where else would you put them at? Somewhere in the South East Corner?