BoomTown 2017 alone!

Joeyfromtheshire

Hey everyone! 

So this year will be the second time I have been to BoomTown and I cannot wait to go back!! The only difference this year being that I am going on my own ..which I am totally okay with although it would be nice to meet other fellow festival goers who are in a similar boat as me! So I thought I would post this to see if anyone else would like to meet up and go for a drink or pitch near one another. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you all have an amazing time!!

Hey Simon!

This will be my first festival by myself too! .. a tad nervous but I know it will be a blast :)  you'll only regret it if you don't go!!...have you been before? I had such an amazing time last year, the only thing that is a bit of a downer is the worry of being a campsite loner haha! by all means if you decide to go (which you definitely should) keep me posted on here and we'll have to arrange something!

• 2 weeks later...

Only second festival first one went with my friends. Wanted to go Glastonbury or boomtown decided on something abit different. Friends let me down so im in two mines if to go still:).

I purchased the coach ticket from Nottingham so will be traveling with loads of groups on my own lol. I do find it hard to just start talking to randoms, Tho im alittle crazy when i get going. Im hoping i go but i wont no till it gets closer. if ur still on ur own I would meet u tho :)

There's usually an unofficial Efest meet at the Bad Apple bar uptown in the Town Square on Thursday about 6pm. We stand on the right hand side of the bar (if your back is to the stage) just outside where there is usually some barrels and umbrellas. Pilton Digger, me and a few other randoms turn up. @frostypaw hope you'll be joining us again this year?

is the  unofficial Efest meet at the Bad Apple bar uptown , something that is definitely happening:). my first time at boomtown and from what ive read its worth goin even if it is on your own. tho I think I might of had a lot of Dutch courage before, so I don't not go  :).

3 hours ago, Simon33 said:

is the  unofficial Efest meet at the Bad Apple bar uptown , something that is definitely happening:). my first time at boomtown and from what ive read its worth goin even if it is on your own. tho I think I might of had a lot of Dutch courage before, so I don't not go  :).

We will def be there and so will @Frostypaw by the sound of it. There are  quite a lot of efesters planning to go to boomtown and am sure some will come along. It is a good place to start before wandering off to see some bands uptown.

14 hours ago, Simon33 said:

Do u have any advice on goin alone or do u find u end up making mates early on anyway. If u do end up alone is there enough to do to keep u entertained?. Went bestival last year with my mates an couldnt imagine going there alone wasnt that much to do.

I've been twice on my own and believe me there is so much to see and do you definitely won't get bored.

The site is laid out in different areas for different genres as i am sure you have seen on their website. Uptown and Downtown is separated by a mother of a hill so make sure that you stay in a suitable campsite. I've not been since 2015, but at that time it was mostly D&B at the bottom with more traditional reggae/world/folk etc at the top.

On 28/06/2017 at 8:48 PM, Simon33 said:

If u do end up alone is there enough to do to keep u entertained?

Ho hee hee ho ho ho oh that tickled me :D this will not be a problem. There are literally hundreds of stages and bits to find which if anything are easier when you're not trailing a group - open every door, follow what you hear, watch where people go - things are not always what they appear to be

It definitely is better when you can chat about it too though - you probably want to camp down in the bowl if you love your d&b, and just chat to folk before you set up and find some people you get on with to camp near. It can be pretty hectic down there tho, the bit tucked behind the hidden woods is a little less full on. Be aware they let you camp very close to the action, you might get a monster of a morning alarm

• 4 weeks later...

Aw that's class! What do I do to get involved? I'm hoping to be travelling down on the Thurs; just waiting to hear back about potential car shares. Would be great to get in a group for camping too as I also have a bit of anxiety about being a campsite loner. Haha.