Best Cover / Novelty Acts

dicko_belfast

3rd time going this year, can't wait, but one of the best times me and friends had in the past was seeing Keith Allen's covers band in the rabbit hole in 2013, we just sort of stumbled across it that time. Wheel of four tunes is always great fun as well. 16 of us going this time, 12 1st timers! With a wide range of music tastes in between the standard bands it would be good if we all met up for some more novelty or fun stuff.

This year we fancy bootleg beetles, ska vengers and mik artistic if possible.

Anyone else have any other favourite either covers bands or more fun novelty acts that we should check out? 

Thanks!!

38 minutes ago, zak14 said:

Saw Thrill Collins on the line up thinking they'd be a Phil Collins cover band but i was very very wrong

They're brilliant, saw them last year. Playing three times this year. Great for a bit of drunken dancing to a skiffle cover of the Backstreet Boys or B*Witched!

The New York Brass Band, playing numerous times during the festival, great fun versions of classic songs.

And Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs for truly terrible but funny versions of American Idiot and others at the Avalon & Avalon Cafe 

Edited by Avalon_Fields

1 hour ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

Lloyd Grossmans band - go along and chant we love your pasta sauce

His pasta sauce is shit. 

I might go along and fling handfuls of his tomato and basil sauce at him.

"WHERES THE FUCKING FENNEL LLOYD?! WHERES THE FUCKING FENNEL?!"

New York Brass Band are fantastic, playing 10 times I think over the course of the weekend, usually do a weds/thurs one in the Rocket Lounge - big brass band doing cover versions

I think Williams Green usually has a cover band on after the 2 "secret" slots on the Thursday too - not sure their name but I think I've seen that the last 2 years and enjoyed

I always find the best ones are the ones you randomly walk past, usually in the cabaret area. Stuff you think oh I'll watch this for a minute and get a bit caught up in and spend 10 minutes. Last year (2016, I know the videos from 2015...) ended up watching this guy for ages coz it was sunny and everyone was having bare fun