Songs that give you a Glastonbury feeling

Simpo

Whether it's a classic moment from a previous year, something you associate with the atmosphere, or something more esoteric, what songs can you close your eyes to and transport yourself to Glastonbury Festival?

I fancy making a playlist, might put it on my phone for me and my first timer mate to listen to on the coach journey on 2 sets of headphones.

And we all want to get into that warm cosy Glastonbury mindset don't we?

A few of my examples are Primal Scream - Loaded (obvious), Moderat - Bad Kingdom Robags 4/4 Edit (because it makes me think of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulc5JaNwzR0 and Moderat are on this year), and Joubert Singers - Dance On The Word (because it played on the speakers before LCD Soundsystem came on last year)

Howboutchoo?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New Radicals - You Get What You Give - not sure how many years that was used by Greenpeace and blasted out on the Pyramid stage, but to this very day it gives me a Glastonbury shiver when I hear it!

Gaslight Anthem - '59 Sound.  

First time I heard them was at the festival in '09, with a cameo from The Boss.  Fond memories.

**EDIT** - Waterloo Sunset by The Kinks.  The Ray Davies legend slot in 2010 was one of the best sets I've ever seen, especially after the bitter disappointment of missing Slash's set to watch England get thumped 4-1 by the Germans.

Edited by Los Kingfisher

Embrace- All you Good People. Reminds me of 1998 and the first time I went with my lad. We were stood watching them on the Other Stage and the mud was actually over the top of his trainers ( he had given up with his wellies ). Still brings a tear to my eye when I hear it.

Elbow-one day like this always makes me well up.  Remember walking through the markets one year in the pissing rain and the clouds just parted, sun shone through and one of the stalls had it playing loud.... Gives me goosebumps just writing this! Less than 2 weeks people!!! 

42 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

New Radicals - You Get What You Give - not sure how many years that was used by Greenpeace and blasted out on the Pyramid stage, but to this very day it gives me a Glastonbury shiver when I hear it!

Just read your post having done my own. Agreed :-) 

Ray Davies - Sunny Afternoon. Doesn't take much imagination why 

and Queens of the Stone Age - Know one knows. Not one of my favorite of theirs but was the first song on a Glasto playlist we made for 2011 which hung around for a while and was the first son in the car on the way to festival.

Definitely that one @Slugworth - it's been with me for so many different incredible Glastonbury memories going right back to 1997. Somewhere in the middle was that clown as the last thing I saw before having a complete alcoholic absence for the remainder of the set. It was 2007 and I had drunk so much over the course of the weekend to cope with the rain that I just disappeared. I was there, dancing apparently, but when the set ended I couldn't understand how everyone thought it had been so brilliant when they had only just come on a few minutes ago!

Also always - Yellow by Coldplay. It very generically gives me a Glastonbury feeling, but specifically reminds me of being in traffic within sight of the site in about 2008 and hearing it on the radio and having an overwhelming urge to hang out of the window with my arms in the air shouting 'GLASTONBUUURRYYYY!!!!!' at the top of my lungs!

I'm not even that keen on Coldplay.