Cocktails

CiderJames

Once my own supplies run out I normally drink Cider from the bus but over the last year I've become quite partial to a white russian.  Anybody know where I could get one on site or shall I bring my own ingredients and mix on site?  I know there used to be a cocktail van/bar with a bird cage on it, was that there last year?

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, CiderJames said:

Once my own supplies run out I normally drink Cider from the bus but over the last year I've become quite partial to a white russian.  Anybody know where I could get one on site or shall I bring my own ingredients and mix on site?  I know there used to be a cocktail van/bar with a bird cage on it, was that there last year?

Thanks

Yes, down from Williamsgreen, by the T&C field.

37 minutes ago, CiderJames said:

Thanks

I like the way you think my friend! 

My only suggestion would be to take the alcohol with you in plastic bottles , then grab some milk from the tractor that drives round selling it.

i am keen to hear any advances though??

51 minutes ago, CiderJames said:

Thanks

Once you find one...saunter on down to the Pilton Palais at midnight on Thursday...you'll be in good company!

35 minutes ago, internetjef said:

I like the way you think my friend! 

My only suggestion would be to take the alcohol with you in plastic bottles , then grab some milk from the tractor that drives round selling it.

i am keen to hear any advances though??

One of the first times I went I was a bit hungover on the Thursday morning and couldn't face getting up for food and drink. Unfortunately the only things I had in the tent to eat & drink were 2 litres of pre-mixed black russian and a bag of hash truffles.

Don't do that...

16 minutes ago, MrMac said:

One of the first times I went I was a bit hungover on the Thursday morning and couldn't face getting up for food and drink. Unfortunately the only things I had in the tent to eat & drink were 2 litres of pre-mixed black russian and a bag of hash truffles.

Don't do that...

Noted

Black Russian is with coke isn't it? 

I prefer the milky white variety

One of our lot is like a walking drinks trolley...always has rum, whiskey, kahlua, cointreau on him (among many other things)...after numerous ales in cockmill and a feed of Brother's last time, we got Kinder Bueno Milkshakes (somewhere up around the greenfields) and topped them up with rum (actually, we gave the rum to the folk making the milkshakes and they added it for us, as well as a couple for themselves)...bloody marvellous (though, children's booze it has to be said)...Cointreau in hot chocolate if its cold is also rather good...Alcoholic Terry's chocolate orange drink basically (and it'll be freezing at night with all that lovely high pressure and glorious sunshine we're gonna get!)...

21 hours ago, Impropaganda said:

what's everyone's suggestions for the best cocktail bars on site?

Cockatoo at the bottom of the T&C fields is my fav personally

and I actually don't rate the cocktails in The Beat Hotel as one mojito we bought last year literally had no rum in it!!

On 2017-6-8 at 9:41 AM, MrMac said:

Ah you're right, black russian is with coke.  This stuff was before either milk or coke was added, so I guess it was just "russian".

No, technically a black russian is just vodka and kahlua on ice. Coke being added is a bastardised version