Is there a comedy tent ?

brighton1983

9 minutes ago, Twisted Melon said:

Anyone been to Mavericks? Is it worth checking out and missing SE corner one night?

Mavericks is wicked! Lots of bizarro cabaret, very varied, very quick - it's a lot of fun in there. If you're not that fussed about dance music etc then it's a much better option than getting crammed into a deafening corner of shangri-la. Mavericks goes on til 3 I think 

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Mavericks is wicked! Lots of bizarro cabaret, very varied, very quick - it's a lot of fun in there. If you're not that fussed about dance music etc then it's a much better option than getting crammed into a deafening corner of shangri-la. Mavericks goes on til 3 I think 

Brilliant, that sounds well worth a visit. I've not really heard much about it. Might go after Radiohead to cheer me up a bit.

46 minutes ago, neil_d said:

Whereabouts is Mavericks? I thought I knew the T&C area quite well, but I can't place it...

It's the Poetry & Words tent during the day. Mavericks features artists already playing the festival in the Theatre & Circus fields. But they only get 5 or so minutes, so it's a quickfire affair. 

I saw Mark Watson off his tits on red wine at about 1am in the Cabaret tent once. He did the whole show in the crowd rather than be on stage. It was brilliant. We raised some money for a girls charity by donating money whilst she ran from the side of the tent to the other & back through us all

34 minutes ago, idb said:

It's the Poetry & Words tent during the day. Mavericks features artists already playing the festival in the Theatre & Circus fields. But they only get 5 or so minutes, so it's a quickfire affair. 

Ah, thanks. That'd probably be why I couldn't work it out.

On 2017-6-7 at 8:54 PM, Twisted Melon said:

Anyone been to Mavericks? Is it worth checking out and missing SE corner one night?

See a lot of funny and weird stuff at Mavericks. One year there was a naked man playing a drum whilst the compere, Miss Behave, pissed in a bucket on stage. Make sure you take enough booze in with you though.

Edited by AmyShambles

16 hours ago, AmyShambles said:

See a lot of funny and weird stuff at Mavericks. One year there was a naked man playing a drum whilst the compere, Miss Behave, pissed in a bucket on stage. Make sure you take enough booze in with you though.

Must be a theme with nakedness. Last year there was a guy operating a yoyo whilst in the nude (and he wasn't using is hands)