PLEASE HELP: Parking at Worthy View on Weds + Arriving by coach and checking in on Thursday

SiJo86

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can clear something up for me on here. This will be the fourth time I've been to Glasto, although it will be the first time I have camped at Worthy View.

Me and three friends have got coach tickets which leave Bristol first thing on the Thursday morning. However, I want to get my car to the Worthy View car park (which we have also paid for a parking pass for). This is so that I can leave by car on Monday and drive on to a wedding that is taking place shortly after the festival.

What I was wondering is, would I be able to drive my car to Worthy View on the Wednesday, my friend can then follow me in a separate car. Once I've parked up at Worthy View, I'd then go back to Bristol with my friend in his car, so that we can be there ready to get the coach first thing the following morning.

Problem being is that I understand you need a festival ticket to enter Worthy View, which we won't have till the Thursday morning and we are actually on the coach. I only want to get into the Worthy View car park though, I know that I can't check in, which is fine because we can properly check in to the tent on the Thursday once we have our tickets on us.

If I have my Worthy View Car Park sticker on my car, surely that's all I will need just to get into the car park? We can then check in to our tent properly on the Thursday after we have arrived by coach because we will then have our tickets.

Hope that all makes sense, any help or advice would be much appreciated!

20 minutes ago, SiJo86 said:

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can clear something up for me on here. This will be the fourth time I've been to Glasto, although it will be the first time I have camped at Worthy View.

Me and three friends have got coach tickets which leave Bristol first thing on the Thursday morning. However, I want to get my car to the Worthy View car park (which we have also paid for a parking pass for). This is so that I can leave by car on Monday and drive on to a wedding that is taking place shortly after the festival.

What I was wondering is, would I be able to drive my car to Worthy View on the Wednesday, my friend can then follow me in a separate car. Once I've parked up at Worthy View, I'd then go back to Bristol with my friend in his car, so that we can be there ready to get the coach first thing the following morning.

Problem being is that I understand you need a festival ticket to enter Worthy View, which we won't have till the Thursday morning and we are actually on the coach. I only want to get into the Worthy View car park though, I know that I can't check in, which is fine because we can properly check in to the tent on the Thursday once we have our tickets on us.

If I have my Worthy View Car Park sticker on my car, surely that's all I will need just to get into the car park? We can then check in to our tent properly on the Thursday after we have arrived by coach because we will then have our tickets.

Hope that all makes sense, any help or advice would be much appreciated!

That all sounds fine. You only need the WV car park pass to get into the car park. The problem you will have is the friend following as he/she won't be able to get near the car park without a WV car pass also. Your only hope will be to explain the situation on your way into the car park. Worst case they will make your friend buy a pass on the gate

Just now, Smash1984 said:

That all sounds fine. You only need the WV car park pass to get into the car park. The problem you will have is the friend following as he/she won't be able to get near the car park without a WV car pass also. Your only hope will be to explain the situation on your way into the car park. Worst case they will make your friend buy a pass on the gate

Ok, sounds good. I guess the other alternative is that he gets as close as he can before then pulling over on the side of the road. I could then keep going, park the car and then walk back to him?

Just now, SiJo86 said:

Ok, sounds good. I guess the other alternative is that he gets as close as he can before then pulling over on the side of the road. I could then keep going, park the car and then walk back to him?

Yeah I was going to suggest that as an alternative but you would be in for a bit of a walk, most likely up to a mile or more

Just now, Smash1984 said:

Yeah I was going to suggest that as an alternative but you would be in for a bit of a walk, most likely up to a mile or more

Ok no problem, I don't mind walking a mile or two back to him in the car, if it means I can park the car in the Worthy View car park and have it there ready for when it comes to leaving on Monday.

Just looking for the reassurance that I'll be ok getting it there on the Wednesday without having a festival ticket in my hand until the following morning!

Sounds like I'll be ok though!

1 minute ago, SiJo86 said:

Ok no problem, I don't mind walking a mile or two back to him in the car, if it means I can park the car in the Worthy View car park and have it there ready for when it comes to leaving on Monday.

Just looking for the reassurance that I'll be ok getting it there on the Wednesday without having a festival ticket in my hand until the following morning!

Sounds like I'll be ok though!

You'll definitely be fine just parking up. They only look out for your car pass sticker. Bear in mind the potential extra time to get in the car park though as they are apparently searching cars due to the recent terror attacks etc. You would have had an e-mail about it, if not see: http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/important-information-for-glastonbury-2017-ticket-holders/

32 minutes ago, Smash1984 said:

likelyhood is they'll be directed to the drop off point, doubt they'll let them in the car parks without a pass

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/2592-2/

There's no parking on the lanes around WV itself and I expect security will be tighter than ever this year. Your friend won't get anywhere near the WV car park without a pass I'm afraid, as they check your windscreen for a pass way before you get to the actual car park field. If you don't mind  a walk, there is a pub in the village of Ditcheat where your friend could wait in his car, until you've parked up, then he can just drive up when you;re done and meet you at the bottom of Boxbush Hill. It's like a rabbit warren around there though, so beware. My suggestion is on crossing A37, follow the signs to Avalon Vineyard, but instead of turning right, go straight on and Boxbush Hill is the next turning. I'd say if you're not carrying anything, it's about a 10 mins walk from WV car park. It's also outside the "security" zone.

19 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

There's no parking on the lanes around WV itself and I expect security will be tighter than ever this year. Your friend won't get anywhere near the WV car park without a pass I'm afraid, as they check your windscreen for a pass way before you get to the actual car park field. If you don't mind  a walk, there is a pub in the village of Ditcheat where your friend could wait in his car, until you've parked up, then he can just drive up when you;re done and meet you at the bottom of Boxbush Hill. It's like a rabbit warren around there though, so beware. My suggestion is on crossing A37, follow the signs to Avalon Vineyard, but instead of turning right, go straight on and Boxbush Hill is the next turning. I'd say if you're not carrying anything, it's about a 10 mins walk from WV car park. It's also outside the "security" zone.

This is very helpful. Thanks for this. Out of interest, do you have a rough idea as to how far Worthy View would be from the pub in Ditcheat?

58 minutes ago, SiJo86 said:

This is very helpful. Thanks for this. Out of interest, do you have a rough idea as to how far Worthy View would be from the pub in Ditcheat?

Hiya, we did a similar thing a few years ago as we also needed the car and had coach tickets too....bit of a faff but was worth it to have the car at the end of the festival :) and you should be absolutely fine getting into Worthy car park using the pass on your window but as others have said, your friend may struggle to get super close. You only need to show your actual festival tickets at the gates into the campsite. I have always found the marshals super helpful and am sure they will direct your friend to the closest accessible place to wait for you. Ditcheat would be about an hour walk from the WV car park but I am sure there must be somewhere closer!

6 minutes ago, lbferb said:

Hiya, we did a similar thing a few years ago as we also needed the car and had coach tickets too....bit of a faff but was worth it to have the car at the end of the festival :) and you should be absolutely fine getting into Worthy car park using the pass on your window but as others have said, your friend may struggle to get super close. You only need to show your actual festival tickets at the gates into the campsite. I have always found the marshals super helpful and am sure they will direct your friend to the closest accessible place to wait for you. Ditcheat would be about an hour walk from the WV car park but I am sure there must be somewhere closer!

Great stuff. All really helpful. Thanks guys.

3 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Might be worth you spending £45 on an extra WV car pass for the peace of mind/hassle factor?

This was another option we considered. Someone else previously indicated that we would be able to purchase one on the gate as we arrive. Does anyone know if this is likely to be ok? Or will they only allow you to purchase them beforehand?

I guess we were hoping to avoid spending the extra £45 unless we absolutely had to, hence why it would be ideal if we could buy on the gate upon arrival.

Just now, SiJo86 said:

This was another option we considered. Someone else previously indicated that we would be able to purchase one on the gate as we arrive. Does anyone know if this is likely to be ok? Or will they only allow you to purchase them beforehand?

I guess we were hoping to avoid spending the extra £45 unless we absolutely had to, hence why it would be ideal if we could buy on the gate upon arrival.

you could always give the festival office a call and see if someone there can advise - 01458 834596 

4 minutes ago, SiJo86 said:

You have been able to buy them on the gate (car park) previously (for more I think) but if you could do that/get that far you wouldn't have to buy one?

On 6/10/2017 at 9:56 AM, phillyfaddle said:

As the crow flies about 1.5 miles. Through windy country lanes about 3. Pure guess! 

We stayed in that very pub last 2 years. It took about 15mins in the car and that was a constant drive albeit a slow drive through the lanes etc. I'd guess it would take you about an hour to walk it

On 2017-6-10 at 0:08 PM, Jules62 said:

Have you thought about your friend waiting at Castle Carey and getting on the shuttle back to there... saves the walking!

Will I need anything to get on that shuttle bus? (festival ticket etc?) Is it straight forward to find from WV Car Park?

Sorry, I've never got the shuttle before.

Hi, the shuttle bus is right by the car park for WV before you enter the campsite site - head towards the gate where you enter to get wrist banded, its a small dirt road and there a portaloos and you are there! ... Its a free shuttle so I don't think you will need to show tickets.  x