Confirmed secret sets 2017

mr flow

I'm going to be taking over from Muppetmark, Stuartbert two hats and august1 excellent work over the past few years, and running the @SecretGlasto Twitter updates this year. The idea is to use this thread to update the secret sets we know about prior to the festival and the sets will then be tweeted out via the account during the festival along with any other secrets that we may well find out during the festival.

I'll edit the below as people respond to the thread with information, so it gives us a central point of reference rather than it getting swamped in the TBA's thread that's also being discussed.

Thursday

Bimble Inn 13:30-13:45

Bimble Inn 14:15-15:00

Williams Green 21:00-21:40

Williams Green 22:00-22:40

The Rabbit Hole's Funkingham Palace 23:00-00:00

Friday

BBC Introducing 12:15 - 12:35

Avalon Stage Friday 15:40-16:40

BBC Introducing 16:50 - 17:10

The Park Friday 19:30-20:30

Rumshack 00:00-01:00

Rumshack 01:00-01:30

Saturday

The Glade Saturday 16:25-17:25

Croissant Neuf 17:00-18:00

Other Stage Saturday 17:45-18:45

BBC Introducing 18:30 - 18:50

The Spaceport 19:55-21:25

The Spaceport 22:25-00:00

Truth Stage 04:00-04:50

Sunday

Rabbit Hole Sunday 13:30-14:15

BBC Introducing 14:35 - 14:55

Bimble Inn 17:00-18:00

John Peel Sunday 17:30-18:30

Truth Stage 18:40-19:10

Crossiant Neuf 19:00-20:00

Truth Stage 22:30-23:30

The Gas Tower 04:00-06:00

If I've missed any, please let me know and I'll edit the post.

:)

Edited by mr flow

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, mr flow said:

If I've missed any, please let me know and I'll edit the post.

These ones are hot off the press.

Friday

BBC Introducing 16:50 - 17:10

Saturday

BBC Introducing 18:30 - 18:50

Sunday

BBC Introducing 14:35 - 14:55

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

These ones are hot off the press.

Friday

BBC Introducing 16:50 - 17:10

Saturday

BBC Introducing 18:30 - 18:50

Sunday

BBC Introducing 14:35 - 14:55

Thanks dentalplan. Added those to the list

11 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

Good stuff. Keen to see this much-talked-about Sheeran secret set if anyone knows when it might be?

It's bizarre, I don't really like him at all and will be anywhere else rather than see him on the Pyramid, but I reckon he'd be amazing in a small stage. 

@mr flow you're an absolute diamond for taking this on this year. You (and your predecessors) will forever have my thanks. Had some jolly good times at one or two of these sets, which I wouldn't have know about were it not their hard work.

The question is, how do I get Tweets to appear onto my rubbish festival phone? Last year I seem to remember there was a website which forwarded these on via SMS. Anybody remember? I'm picking up my new SIM this/next week, so will be able to test after then.

Edited by big__phil

10 minutes ago, big__phil said:

@mr flow you're an absolute diamond for taking this on this year. You (and your predecessors) will forever have my thanks. Had some jolly good times at one or two of these sets, which I wouldn't have know about were it not their hard work.

The question is, how do I get Tweets to appear onto my rubbish festival phone? Last year I seem to remember there was a website which forwarded these on via SMS. Anybody remember? I'm picking up my new SIM this/next week, so will be able to test after then.

That would be the twitter website... set up SMS notifications (think you click the bell icon on the @secretglasto account)

Edit: you need to enable this setting from the "mobile" tab on our twitter account settings. Perhaps when many people have this set up the guys who run the account could do one test tweet to make sure its working :)

Edited by GoonerRob

9 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Thank you.

I'm going to be closing this thread shortly and starting a new one under the SecretGlasto account as I only have a mere pauper account, so can only edit a post once. When I start the new thread, i'll include the info on how to set yourself up for SMS tweets :)

10 minutes ago, big__phil said:

1 minute ago, GoonerRob said:

That would be the twitter website... set up SMS notifications (think you click the bell icon on the @secretglasto account)

Twitter used to send texts to my phone last year but I've not got it working this time (hence my question in the questions thread :-(  )

It should work with 3 and two others, but now I'm not so sure.

IFTTT had been mentioned but is limited to 10 texts per day.

15 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Thank you.

I'm going to be closing this thread shortly and starting a new one under the SecretGlasto account as I only have a mere pauper account, so can only edit a post once. When I start the new thread, i'll include the info on how to set yourself up for SMS tweets :)

[You are only allowed to give reputation 3 times per day. You cannot give any more reputation today.]

Have a virtual upvote!

14 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Twitter used to send texts to my phone last year but I've not got it working this time (hence my question in the questions thread :-(  )

It should work with 3 and two others, but now I'm not so sure.

IFTTT had been mentioned but is limited to 10 texts per day.

Yeah, I seem to remember they (Twitter) turned this off, and IFTTT cut right down on the numbers you could receive. Last year I'm sure there was another way of getting them though, which was similar to IFTTT...

13 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Really? Does that mean I don't have to use the bedsheet I've got out of the airing cupboard and tie it round my neck every time I tweet?

Oh please do dress for the part so every time I get a message I can picture you.

Thank you SO MUCH for doing this.