Field of Avalon camping ?

lbferb

Hello, 

Does anyone have experience of camping within the Field of Avalon area? We have hospitality tickets through a friend who is performing on the Avalon stage and he has been offered a tipi spot (at a cost) somewhere close by the stage and we are trying to work out where exactly this would be and whether it would be a good spot to be based, or if we are better camping in the hospitality fields. We've only ever camped at Worthy View in previous years and are not familiar with the Avalon camping area so any info / past experiences would be much appreciated! 

Thanks so much in advance :)

On 6/6/2017 at 10:00 PM, incident said:

I'm not 100% on this - but I think you'll be in the fenced off area at the bottom of Pennards.

Thanks so much both for your replies...do you mean near where 'Camplight' tents are showing on the map? 

51 minutes ago, lbferb said:

Thanks so much both for your replies...do you mean near where 'Camplight' tents are showing on the map? 

No - Sorry, I should have been clearer - Pennards is heavily sloped, and in this case "bottom" refers to that rather than North/South.

So the Avalon/Glade staff area is at the other (North) end of the field.

1 hour ago, incident said:

No - Sorry, I should have been clearer - Pennards is heavily sloped, and in this case "bottom" refers to that rather than North/South.

So the Avalon/Glade staff area is at the other (North) end of the field.

Ok fab thanks, just looking at the attached map...do you think its the spot that says 'pennard hill staff campsite'?? Thanks for your help :)

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 11.50.45.png

13 minutes ago, incident said:

That's where the crews for the Avalon & Glade Stages are based anyway.

I can't guarantee it's the location you're talking about, but it seems the most likely.

Thank you!

If anyone else has any tips or has stayed in that spot before it would be much appreciated....

They've dug in absolutely tons of drainage down there now - 3ft wide drainage pipes - that situation isn't going to happen again! 

(It did make for fascinating viewing, I was just the other side of the railway line and it was the first night I ever spent at Glastonbury, I thought the whole thing was absolutely unbelievable :P)

oh my word !!! That's insane. Glad to hear they have added in drainage to avoid that ever happening again :o

Thanks for everyones help on my original question...we've since decided to camp elsewhere as not so keen on being right bang in the middle of the festival!