Car Parks & Routes 2017

MJP

Haven't seen anyone post about this yet, could be useful for lots of people as it seems to have been recently updated.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/by-car/

carparkmap17.png

IMPROVEMENTS FOR 2017

The Festival team have been working hard with the local farmers and land owners to improve the car parks for 2017, including laying 4 km of stone farm tracks, changing layouts to reduce congestion and reviewing the total amount of Trackway within the car parks. We are still parking on farmland and will be subject to weather conditions, but going forward we have a more robust operation than we have ever had to cope with what mother nature throws at us.

Edited by MJP

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Chipbarm said:

I'm coming from the northwest so travelling M5 then A39 on Tuesday  as I am camping in Field I want to be parking on the east side could someone possibly give me directions from leaving the M5 to the east car parks? Many thanks.

There is a few different ways, but essentially somewhere near Bristol (depends on what time of day you approach)

You need to come of the M5 and get on the A37 which takes you through the site.  I think last year I went on the M4 and M32

7 minutes ago, Dan190984 said:

Probably being dim here but why does the site say purple will be better for acoustic/kids field? Blue looks more sensible to me, getting you closer to PGC?

The family camping is to the North of the Acoustic, think that's why.

1 hour ago, MJP said:

Haven't seen anyone post about this yet, could be useful for lots of people as it seems to have been recently updated.

carparkmap17.png

IMPROVEMENTS FOR 2017

The Festival team have been working hard with the local farmers and land owners to improve the car parks for 2017, including laying 4 km of stone farm tracks, changing layouts to reduce congestion and reviewing the total amount of Trackway within the car parks. We are still parking on farmland and will be subject to weather conditions, but going forward we have a more robust operation than we have ever had to cope with what mother nature throws at us.

Possibly one of the most helpful things I have seen on this forum ! Have an upvote Sir !

4 minutes ago, Ollie9917 said:

If I wanna camp at big ground but coming from the south west whats the best place to enter? Entered at PG A last year instead of PG B as it was just too messy at B but as a result it was quite a trek

What you mean by messy?

I entered at A last year too it is a good trek from there to Big Ground.

Edited by MattR88

9 minutes ago, Ollie9917 said:

If I wanna camp at big ground but coming from the south west whats the best place to enter? Entered at PG A last year instead of PG B as it was just too messy at B but as a result it was quite a trek

PG B or C for Big Ground. Last year PG B was an absolute bog. So we ended up going through PG C which isn't ideal as you have to go down death hill and up Muddy Lane. At the time it was the better option though.

6 minutes ago, MattR88 said:

What you mean by messy?

I entered at A last year too it is a good trek from there to Big Ground.

Wasn't PG B closed off last year on wednesday in the morning?? I was asleep for most of the journey but I seem to remember we couldn't enter via B for some reason

I added way more than I intended to and will probably add more when I get home. Basically recreating the Glasto map now lol...

Will add more directions tonight when I get home off the work network - anyway, that's 2 hours of work successfully procrastinated through. ;)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RIQxyQrsp7RRgx5PSqx2Am5d2es&usp=sharing

Thanks MJP! Was useful.

As I'm from the south west PG A or D are obviously the closest but how much busier is PG B and C?? 

I'm looking at C as a happy medium for now (and how busy is blue route?!?) 

As looking at your map it seems most traffic is routed through blue ? ? 

Edited by Ollie9917

1 hour ago, Ollie9917 said:

Thanks MJP! Was useful.

As I'm from the south west PG A or D are obviously the closest but how much busier is PG B and C?? 

I'm looking at C as a happy medium for now (and how busy is blue route?!?) 

As looking at your map it seems most traffic is routed through blue ? ? 

I've only driven once, which was last year and the year where we were stuck in Shepton Mallett for hours on end. I'm still not over my mate arsing around the way she did, otherwise we would have left on time and had less of a queue. Merh.

No idea how busy the gates are either. I'd assume that A and D are the busiest as many pile into the West parking overnight, A has the coach station.

If you don't mind the quite hilly part of the walk - I'd say go to ped gate C via the blue car parks on the East. The reason that they're trying to route most traffic through there is because it's a direct route from the A303 which means that locals can nip around lanes.

4 hours ago, stuwilky said:

There is a few different ways, but essentially somewhere near Bristol (depends on what time of day you approach)

You need to come of the M5 and get on the A37 which takes you through the site.  I think last year I went on the M4 and M32

I'm thinking M5 then A39 to A371 to join the A37 to miss out the traffic of central Bristol. I'd just carry on down the A39 if I could guarantee they let me carry on to the east car parks.

6 hours ago, MJP said:

carparkmap17.png

IMPROVEMENTS FOR 2017

Great work B)

One you've missed that could impact a few travelling from South or East......Schedule 2 - 32 shows the A371 closed heading north after its junction with the B3153 from 0800 Weds.  That's the junction in Castle Cary just south of the railway station where the buses run from.  Anyone trying to use the A371 through Castle Cary and then cut West onto A37 for Blue Route will need to get on the A37 before Castle Cary.

6 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Great work B)

One you've missed that could impact a few travelling from South or East......Schedule 2 - 32 shows the A371 closed heading north after its junction with the B3153 from 0800 Weds.  That's the junction in Castle Cary just south of the railway station where the buses run from.  Anyone trying to use the A371 through Castle Cary and then cut West onto A37 for Blue Route will need to get on the A37 before Castle Cary.

Cheers - I kinda gave up when I was most of the way through those schedules. A massive ballache!

5 minutes ago, MJP said:

Cheers - I kinda gave up when I was most of the way through those schedules. A massive ballache!

You've done a good job though....a lot of those road names and places are only known as such locally and aren't marked on any maps.....

53 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

You've done a good job though....a lot of those road names and places are only known as such locally and aren't marked on any maps.....

Turns out that 2-32 was on there, but it had moved to somewhere nearby somehow... lol..