New security measures in place

brettredmayne

22 minutes ago, The Pumpkin King said:

Got ya. 

interesting I'd always thought that you could stay on for a few more days even though nothing was open etc. Fair enough.

Would make the cleanup impossible if they try to take discarded tents down and people are still in them etc

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

I also own something that's roughly about 3 inches in length, has travelled around with me for almost 25 years now and is often tucked away out of sight.

But by jolly I can do some damage with it.

If it's that small it's probably best that it remains tucked away out of sight.

On 7/2/2017 at 7:11 PM, Mezhyp1 said:

I must do Glastonbury very very differently to some others.

There was certainly no fruit involved that required a knife to peel it haha 

I had limes to be sliced up to go in my rum.  Seemed perfectly reasonable to me!

On 7/2/2017 at 6:34 PM, Tyonks said:

My opinion on the new security measures was that it was a pointless farce like I expected it to be. 

I was so pissed off!  After the panic I went through reading the horror stories on Tuesday night and a frenzied repacking of things I'd rather weren't confiscated on the way through, I didn't even get searched.  I felt like demanding a search just to justify the stress I'd put myself through the night before! :lol:

On 7/2/2017 at 6:34 PM, Tyonks said:

My opinion on the new security measures was that it was a pointless farce like I expected it to be. 

exactly.

Not just a pointless farce, but also created a target for any nutters without tickets. Utterly and completely dumb.

Same fools at Download and Rock Werchter - creating a melee before any ticket checks. Then having half-arsed searches - anyone with any determination to do bad would have either been able to wreak havoc in the queue or smuggled something in.

All they did was waste a few hours of 135,000 people.

On 03/07/2017 at 8:28 AM, Charm said:

Was a bit worrying walking past the dogs, who clearly weren't after drugs, wonder if they will be a permanent fixture. 

Charm x

The poor things were having a snooze when I went past .. can't blame them in that heat ... hardly gonna be very efficient when they can only work for limited periods of effective time !!

3 hours ago, Quark said:

I had limes to be sliced up to go in my rum.  Seemed perfectly reasonable to me!

I was so pissed off!  After the panic I went through reading the horror stories on Tuesday night and a frenzied repacking of things I'd rather weren't confiscated on the way through, I didn't even get searched.  I felt like demanding a search just to justify the stress I'd put myself through the night before! :lol:

Exactly! I did get searched but it didn't amount to any more than a cursory glance in my main bag and tent bag. Felt oddly cheated. 

2 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

exactly.

Not just a pointless farce, but also created a target for any nutters without tickets. Utterly and completely dumb.

All they did was waste a few hours of 135,000 people.

Yep needlessly lengthened queue times in very humid conditions, and by the sounds of what some people have been saying on these forums there were a number of people without wristbands.

We were stood by the search desks, anxiously awaiting our repacking fate, before a member of security barked at us to keep moving, as if we were stupid to be expecting to be searched!

Such a relief, mind. I've never been so jolly and chatty while talking to the wristband and ticket crew!

On 2017-6-21 at 9:35 AM, barkley87 said:

My brother is insisting on taking his laptop so he can work while at Glasto (I'm making him use the lockups!!). I've heard of people being made to take radios back to the car because of the new security checks. Do you think they'll do that for his laptop too?

Nothing to add regards to security but I'm absolutely taken aback by this.

44 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Nothing to add regards to security but I'm absolutely taken aback by this.

I can only imagine the quality of my work under such conditions. Not necessarily worse than normal, but certainly different!

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Some very touchy downvoters today. One can only speculate that a tiny little nerve has been touched.

Downvoted you for comedy value, but couldn't bring myself to leave it there.

On 7/7/2017 at 7:22 PM, The other Bellboy said:

I'm sure his butler would have been tasked with carrying and pouring out the mixer! I know all of ours were;)

Bringing the butler to Glastonbury would have been terribly gauche, a far too ostentatious show of one's position.

I had my batman do it; he's far less obvious.