New security measures in place

brettredmayne

Thought I'd add my two cents. We got in about 2.50 and while security where there they weren't checking anybody. No pat downs, no bag checks, nothing. Felt the same as normal really except you had to walk past the security but it made no difference. Blazing heat when we went through and they were misting people with water and giving out water bottles so maybe they decided it was dangerous at that time of day to keep people standing. So in summary from coach to wristband in less than an hour for us!

Have a great time all, enjoy the festival xx

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thought I'd add my two cents. We got in about 2.50 and while security where there they weren't checking anybody. No pat downs, no bag checks, nothing. Felt the same as normal really except you had to walk past the security but it made no difference. Blazing heat when we went through and they were misting people with water and giving out water bottles so maybe they decided it was dangerous at that time of day to keep people standing. So in summary from coach to wristband in less than an hour for us!

Have a great time all, enjoy the festival xx

that sounds really encouraging... was thinking there would be a few horror stories in this heat and a welcome spray too

Have great time and keep safe xx

I was searched about 3pm Wednesday with a small rucksack, coming from campervan fields. Reason given for stopping me  instead of the 20+ that went through was that I was wearing a Welsh Football bucket hat!!!! Then subjected to several xenophobic comments.... luckly I'm very thickest skinned and able to give as good as I got and made them look like the inadequate individuals they were

Security seems to wildly differ on each Gate. I was searched on the way in yesterday to Gate D, they went through my bags bit by bit, frisked me and then let me go.

Took my unlabelled multi-vits and 5HTP but fair enough, learning for next time.

Others in my WhatsApp group had X-ray scanners, metal detectors, sniffer dogs. Glad they're keeping us safe though and it wasn't a massive farce, aside from aerosolgate.

Edit: Interestingly was allowed to keep my deodorant that was buried deep in my bag by the thorough search.

Edited by MJP

3 minutes ago, MJP said:

Security seems to wildly differ on each Gate. I was searched on the way in yesterday to Gate D, they went through my bags bit by bit, frisked me and then let me go.

Took my unlabelled multi-vits and 5HTP but fair enough, learning for next time.

Others in my WhatsApp group had X-ray scanners, metal detectors, sniffer dogs. Glad they're keeping us safe though and it wasn't a massive farce, aside from aerosolgate.

Edit: Interestingly was allowed to keep my deodorant that was buried deep in my bag by the thorough search.

Definitely does wildly differ! As said above I didn't get so much as a pat down, let alone a search, and I had an aerosol on me, which I still have. Didn't see any dogs or scanners.

36 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Definitely does wildly differ! As said above I didn't get so much as a pat down, let alone a search, and I had an aerosol on me, which I still have. Didn't see any dogs or scanners.

At least you won't wiff now !!! I went and bought a plastic roll on just in case 

14 hours ago, Slugworth said:

Wow. Not sure what to say. I've just spent 15 minutes arguing with the guys checking tickets that I'm me. Ok I've put on a stone but I'm clearly me on my ticket. 

My gf had to show them a pic of my drivers license (which i luckily sent her Monday) for them to let me in. 

Anyhoo I'm in and that's all that matters. 

Just to let you know we had an awful lot of people using stolen / fake / dodgy tickets yesterday.

we had reports that some people who were queuing overnight had their tickets stolen and were distributed to people off site who then tried to use them.