New security measures in place

brettredmayne

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Seen a few people talking about speakers. It would appear they are a no no. Has this always been the case?

IMG_4700.PNG

Certainly not, although note that tweet doesn't explicitly say they'll be confiscated, only that the option to take it back to the car will be available. Looks like it answered the wrong question.

Aerosols I can kind of understand, there's a reason they're banned at lots of big events and on planes and stuff. Portable speakers aren't going to do any harm though, that's way too far.

Edited by Zac Quinn

6 minutes ago, themuel said:

I'm sure it'll all be fine, great atmosphere around the place. But if some security are being over zealous it needs to be nipped before it becomes a heat fuelled issue.  

Security will probably be on edge tonight and tomorrow morning for mystery shoppers etc. Sure it will calm down as the day goes on and inside the fence though.

Edited by Zac Quinn

9 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Portable speakers aren't going to do any harm though, that's way too far.

This was my thought, too. Otherwise where is the line drawn? Do they stop portable chargers/powerbanks etc too? Surely not much of a difference from a "risk" point of view? 

3 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

This was my thought, too. Otherwise where is the line drawn? Do they stop portable chargers/powerbanks etc too? Surely not much of a difference from a "risk" point of view? 

Yeah. I mean technically any electronic equipment is a potential threat, but you aren't gonna be banning torches and that are you. Confiscating portable speakers is going over and above the level of security you have to suffer when flying into America. Madness.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Just now, DareToDibble said:

It's frustrating because I've taken it for the last 3 years and it's been awesome for around camp... but just not worth the risk of having it taken off me. If it was a cheap one I'd be fine with taking the risk.

aye I mean you'd be a brave man taking anything of significant value on a camping holiday with 200,000 people anyway, let's not forget that. 

18 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Seen a few people talking about speakers. It would appear they are a no no. Has this always been the case?

I think "personal sound systems" have always been on the banned list but interpreting that as a Bluetooth speaker seems harsh.

No. Only in the holding q.

Security still saying 8 for gate open but they do every year. It was 8 mins past 7 o clock last year.

They do keep saying that those in the holding q who have had a thorough bag search will not be searched again at gate. Just wristband and in

I did go all the way up to the gate yesterday afternoon and saw no technology 

Edited by airwaves
Extra info

Maybe the best bet is to make sure we all have screen grabs of the banned items list on our phones - that way if anyone attempts to confiscate anything that's not on the list we have something to back up our claim.

I wasn't even asked to take my bag of my back. 

I was asked 

"any weapons or any glass"

pretty simple questions to answer.

now in holding pen. 

Mrs had more of a  search but moment they found the different skittle vodka flavours they were fascinated. Very friendly bunch.

Edited by TomByTheThames

This is pretty general:

• You may be searched at the entrance for any items that may be used in an illegal or offensive manner – which will be confiscated. Persons suspected of carrying out illegal and/or offensive activities onsite may also be searched and face eviction. No portable laser equipment or pens are permitted