New security measures in place

brettredmayne

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Glasto site it has a whole section about BBQs/Camp stove safety, so I have packed my stove and some extra gas (hangover super noodles and coffee) but if they are nicking peoples deodorant at the door, what are my chances of taking my gas canisters in?

3 minutes ago, Nelson100 said:

On the Glasto site it has a whole section about BBQs/Camp stove safety, so I have packed my stove and some extra gas (hangover super noodles and coffee) but if they are nicking peoples deodorant at the door, what are my chances of taking my gas canisters in?

Same. Bit concerned now tbh.

Some fucking daft answers in this thread. All the things confiscated I bet will be sold in the shops. Maybe not penknives but as pointed out traders etc. Loads of em. Plus tent pegs more dangerous. 

It's fucking stupid. And don't hit me with that terrorism thing. I get the searches fine it's what follows. It OTT

Fucking fun sponges 

Edited by elbongo

11 minutes ago, elbongo said:

Some fucking daft answers in this thread. All the things confiscated I bet will be sold in the shops. Maybe not penknives but as pointed out traders etc. Loads of em. Plus tent pegs more dangerous. 

It's fucking stupid. And don't hit me with that terrorism thing. I get the searches fine it's what follows. It OTT

Fucking fun sponges 

Yeah security taking non banned items is thieving, plain and simple

4 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Yeah security taking non banned items is thieving, plain and simple

This, exactly this.

If they try and take my stereo / deodorant etc I shall ask to speak to a supervisor and ask for an explanation. If I get the response i expect, which wold be some kind of stock answer along the lines of "if could be used for a terrorist attack" I shall be asking to speak to the person as far up the management ladder as possible to understand why.

I understand why extra searches are taking place, I may not agree with the vigour in which they appear to be being conducted so far, but I understand that they are trying to mitigate the risk of an incident happening at the festival, 

However there are limits to what searches should reasonably be carried out, and common sense should be used as to what constitutes a threat to public safety. A can of deodorant or stereo is well beyond that limit, I shall put this point across if it happens to arise. I imagine they will still take my stuff (I would also expect my property to be returned to me) but I feel that this will need to be said.

Common sense is what's needed here before things turn sour. I can only assume security haven't been briefed correctly if there is confusion over aerosols at the last minute. We've all probably tried to pack that little bit lighter as a result of requests from the festival but you can't assume to know that 'light' means no aerosols or metal handled mallets. This should have been stated before hand if it's such a problem. If they sell any of the stuff on sight that is confiscated it makes it a pointless confiscation and will inevitably be met with frustration which doesnt belong with glasto. I'm just hoping what's been reported as happening is either a daft security crew on shift or a tiny bit of sensationalising of a situation that won't be the norm for the majority of punters tomorrow. 

20 minutes ago, CajunMoon said:

Common sense is what's needed here before things turn sour. I can only assume security haven't been briefed correctly if there is confusion over aerosols at the last minute. 

Yeah I'm thinking this. Aerosol cans and things like that are banned at most big events, so maybe the security people are just following the rules they usually work by and haven't been briefed on how Glastonbury works differently. Dunno. 

7 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah I'm thinking this. Aerosol cans and things like that are banned at most big events, so maybe the security people are just following the rules they usually work by and haven't been briefed on how Glastonbury works differently. Dunno. 

Someone really needs to pass the info on because people will have brought food to cook, totally unfair if the means to cook are confiscated.

1 minute ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

Guys I'll repeat what I said on the gate b thread. Chill out. It's not airport security. Non of our group of 52 had any aerosols or cookers taken away. It's not airport security, they're just sound guys keeping us safe

I did though. :)

This is a fucking joke. Got here about 10PM with my girlfriend.

We're through into the second section at gate B, and we were told we can go back out to grab water, etc.

I came back with a Tesco carrier bag consisting 2 bottles of water and a 2l bottle of tango, as well as a couple of pillows.

I got back to the security checkpoint, and was told I had to queue up again. Ended having an argument with them, and they just let me through, but that was a joke. They actually suggested I throw the carrier bag in the bin and carry it all through.

Utter fuck up so far.