New security measures in place

brettredmayne

2 hours ago, garc1a said:

They are not looking for drugs....

A nice bite of lube... Thumbit in and your sorted!!!

Maybe you're right and they're not looking for them, but what will they do if they find them? I'm fairly certain they won't be letting anyone keep them. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, denwyn said:

Nothing mentioned at selling at inflated prices, Both tickets sold for each £100, which they were happy with. as for ethics, ive never been into any of that shit, only ever went to Glastonbury for music,that was enough for us,i do understand lots go for the hippy stuff, thats ok, but it has never been of interest to us, everyone to his own.  The tents were absolutley knackered, we took them down and dumped them by by stewards on way out. they were ok with this

Apologies, I over-reacted.

31 minutes ago, elbongo said:

Of what?

Deodorant - Dove Men. Hadn't even used it!

17 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

It sounds like they thought it was a stash can and thought they'd nab it for potential free drugs.

No, was definitely confusion about aerosol cans being taken in.

Time to kill in the queues, lets hope. Will change when there are reams and reams of people coming through. Security searches are obviously for the benefit of all, but logistics will inevitably require it to be quicker. The festival will not want a repeat of the chaos last year because of the mud/queues on the roads. 

1 hour ago, elbongo said:

I seriously think a message needs to be sent to Glasto Ltd or whatever stating what ridiculous shit is going on. Not the searches but what's been taken or whatever. It's OTT 

Totally. someone with twitter can get hold of emily & glasto info accounts. sets a ridiculous precedent if stuff is just being taken on a whim. When have aerosols been banned and who the fuck wants to go through potentially having half their stuff nicked by security when we've had to shell out for it?

Edited by Field Commander Jefferson

1 minute ago, denwyn said:

Searches are done for a reason,not for fun.People were warned about them,pack light. Don't want another,Manchester. Just accept it, it's going to be a regular thing at all festivals, etc. Better to be safe than sorry.

C'mon, nobody has carried out a terrorist attack with 12 tins of Sure deodorant and a Swiss army knife to the best of my knowledge.

Better safe than sorry, yep; an lot of awful, awful shit has happened in the last few months, but we shouldn't just accept greater observance as a way forward, it's a slippery slope.  Balance is really needed, offsetting the justified need to keep the public safe to freedom to carry on our business without interruption as much as poss and I really hope these early examples of keen searching and confiscation are just over zealousness.

Just now, GlastoEls said:

Items packed in the car:

- Penknife

- Small radio

- can of deodorant

These all need to come out ?

Yep, and chop your hands off while you are at it as you could use them to strangle someone.

2 hours ago, Smeble said:

Absolutely no checks of campervans at all, no security visible just volunteers checking tickets. Ok so we are outside the fence but I'd expected some form of security.

They normally have a quick glance around the van and check you have no glass, with a very occasional van getting a slightly better check where they might have a quick shifty in a couple of cupboards. 

This year they didn't even check that we had the right number of tickets for the number of people in the van, they didn't check that the name on the campervan pass matched one of the occupants either.