New security measures in place

brettredmayne

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

This might be a stupid question...but when security are emptying out people's bags, are they putting the things back again? Or are they asking the punters to do that?

Err... No they have hired a team of folders and packers....

Sorry!!! Nah put it back yerself

9 hours ago, clarkete said:

My perspective is 180 degrees different to yours. 

Presumably if they focus on being satisfied with the checks at the gates, in a time when plenty of folks have concerns about being safe at an event, then hopefully that means they can be more confident of leaving us in a relaxed environment inside?

The festival have said that there will be increased security and police presence inside the festival too. But so what?

Some of you need to lighten up. Is the U.K under sharia law? No. Has glasto been cancelled? No, so the terrorists aren't winning.

2 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

The festival have said that there will be increased security and police presence inside the festival too. But so what?

Some of you need to lighten up. Is the U.K under sharia law? No. Has glasto been cancelled? No, so the terrorists aren't winning.

no different if you were going on holibobs... queues and security checks at the airport but the end result is so worth it 

2 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

no different if you were going on holibobs... queues and security checks at the airport but the end result is so worth it 

No...  It is different, denying it is makes it the norm.

Even tho i am in, no hassles and smiles theres no denying the security is different. Its not going to ruin anything of cpurse but to deny it and say hey this is normal and we accept is for me... Sadly sadly wrong. But times change eh.

1 hour ago, Loutag said:

Good!!! The whole point of the checks is to confiscate items like this!! 

No it's not. The festival office has said that knives no bigger than "cutlery size" is fine. It's just over zealous flexing their muscles.

12 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

Important to put everything in carrier bags inside your rucksacks in case you do get searched IMO.

easier to put 5 carrier bags back in than lots of loose t shirts, toiletries etc - also helps with organisation at the tent!

but wont they just take the stuff inside the rucksack out of the carrier bag anyway? 

3 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

but wont they just take the stuff inside the rucksack out of the carrier bag anyway? 

Unlikely...they'll bring the carrier bags out of the rucksack and look through them but doubt they'd remove everything out of them. Mostly likely to be clothes anyway

My bag opens all the way out along the side so I'm reticent to pack everything in carrier bags. If anything, the carrier bags obscure a search more than packing everything loose does, and once the carrier bag is taken out it's going to fall into a new shape that's not so easy to fit back in. It's better to just pack everything loose and store some empty bags in case everything doesn't quite fit back in.

I can see the logic if a bag only opens at the top though.

Edited by fowls

I'm fucked if they empty my rucksack out completely as:-

A - I vacuum packed my clothes in those Lakeland bags as you can cram loads more into the rucksack and it keeps everything dry and fresh.

B - The wife packed it for me (or it wouldn't have got done or I'd arrive with just socks, pants and beer).

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

I love the idea that ISIS' #1 aim is to cancel Glastonbury #Resist #Defy #Party

1 hour ago, rpfranks said:

Important to put everything in carrier bags inside your rucksacks in case you do get searched IMO.

easier to put 5 carrier bags back in than lots of loose t shirts, toiletries etc - also helps with organisation at the tent!

Yay. A fellow carrier bag nerd.

Enjoy your festival safe in the knowledge that the ciggie lighter hasn't gone far and must be in one of three carrier bags. Wonderful invention 

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

This isnt really about new security measures as such... But I'm coming by coach and have spectacualrly failed to pack light. Has anyone had some of their stuff not allowed on the bus, just because they had too much? 

Nah never an issue, I've seen people take multiple trolleys with crates of beer taped to them, but is at the discretion of the driver I guess.