New security measures in place

brettredmayne

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Bristol Boy said:

No need to be sarcastic, was just asking a question.

Just trying to lighten the mood. Not directed at anyone in particular.

Some truly daft questions on here tho. 

(Didn't see your original question, coincidence. To answer you i doubt you will be searched and so should breeze in. All down to the individuals Manning the gates tho)

Edited by HalfAnIdiot
Added msg in brackets.

38 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Sounds to me like there will be

"There will be separate search lanes for those with large luggage and trolleys, and we anticipate that these lanes will be significantly slower. So, please think: do you really need that camping chair? Can you manage without that extra food and drink? Remember, you can buy pretty much anything you need here on site."

I don't see the lanes being too relevant until you're pretty much already at the gate - great if I'm wrong - I'll happily take the hit and queue with our bags and booze to let others drift forwards with just tents. I'm anticipating that not happening until we can actually see the thing though

2 minutes ago, fowls said:

Aren't there usually separate lanes for trolleys anyway?  

Most of the gates are those annoying turnstiles that you can't quite fit a rucksack through comfortably.

That's once you've got your wristband though, this is for before you go to get the wristband so people can be searched 

17 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

That's once you've got your wristband though, this is for before you go to get the wristband so people can be searched 

So it'll be the same but with the gates moved forward a bit for the additional security section.  Either way, there's a bottleneck at the gateway with a few lanes for trolleys.  Only real difference is the trolleys are now going to get backed up into a mega-queue due to increased searches.  I can't imagine the gate system itself will look dramatically different.

Edited by fowls

Super daft question number 726372 of the thread... expecting long queues, will be joining around 7am I think, are you allowed disposable Bbqs in the queue? Don't think I've ever seen one but was thinking if in for a long wait a sausage sandwich would go a long way to improving my mood and those lucky enough to be around me?

3 minutes ago, fowls said:

So it'll be the same but with the gates moved forward a bit for the additional security section.  Either way, there's a bottleneck at the gateway with a few lanes for trolleys.  Only real difference is it's going to take a lot longer for the trolleys to get through because of the searches.  I can't imagine the gates will look dramatically different.

Emily said the other day the gates are bigger and there are more tables for searches etc, so that'll just be the main difference.

1 minute ago, TomByTheThames said:

Super daft question number 726372 of the thread... expecting long queues, will be joining around 7am I think, are you allowed disposable Bbqs in the queue? Don't think I've ever seen one but was thinking if in for a long wait a sausage sandwich would go a long way to improving my mood and those lucky enough to be around me?

er the queue does move sort of slowly i think so youll have a hard time

1 hour ago, TomByTheThames said:

My coach from Manchester is at 10:30 mate don't suppose you fancy hanging on a bit do you?

So glad i didnt bother for ticket this year. i totally agree with much tighter security all round, but dont think i could have the patience to be in queues for hours in this heat. Had some good times at Glastonbury, will miss some of it. For a change the weather looks really good, last year killed it for me. So take it easy and enjoy what is possibly the best festival in the UK

3 minutes ago, denwyn said:

So glad i didnt bother for ticket this year. i totally agree with much tighter security all round, but dont think i could have the patience to be in queues for hours in this heat. Had some good times at Glastonbury, will miss some of it. For a change the weather looks really good, last year killed it for me. So take it easy and enjoy what is possibly the best festival in the UK

I think a lot of people are over exaggerating how 'bad' the queues are going to be...not everybody is going to be searched and by what we know, those with a ton of stuff are more likely to be. People packing light will be fine on the whole. It will take a little bit longer but we're not all going to be standing in blazing heat for 12 hours. 

4 minutes ago, denwyn said:

Last year was bloody hard work at times. By the time I got to Sunday afternoon I just couldn't drum up the energy to go from the pyramid field to the temple for the tomato fight. My feet just could not cope with mud any more . . . it'll be so nice to sit down everywhere this year! 

1 hour ago, timmy tugboat said:

Does anyone know the score with disabled access and camping area. I am assuming this is another entrance/queue plus searches.

Most of the gate queues are zigzags so I imagine if it's wheelchair or mobility access you need you will be able to skip that

10 minutes ago, denwyn said:

I had a nightmare getting in last year, it took the best part of 24 hours. I had forgotten about it almost as soon as I got in though and it didnt have any impact on my desire to go again this year. A few hours in a queue for 5 days at the best festival in the world is an irrelevance at worst.

On 2017-6-18 at 9:19 PM, Slugworth said:

The amount is irrelevant. If you are in possession you are in possession. (Presuming you are talking about that) 

I'm sure we are all over-thinking things here. We are British after all ;)

Na just the shit people take old son.. Less stuff you take quicker the queue will go.. 

1 hour ago, timmy tugboat said:

Does anyone know the score with disabled access and camping area. I am assuming this is another entrance/queue plus searches.

If your disabled you won't even be in the same queue.. As you get to yellow gate look for the disabled car park sign and then you will get banded and if you want to you can get the van that will take you and your stuff to spring ground.. 

Hope this helps