New security measures in place

brettredmayne

10 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Itll take a bit longer and searches may be more regular/through thats a given, theyve warned us and its expected, as for all this bollocks about civil unrest if people are kept lining up under the blazing hot sun dont be such bloody drama queens, glastonbury arent stupid, you think they want or would delibratly make people wait in conditions they would have high risk of heat/sunstroke etc like that? no exactly good publicity if people are dropping like flys while waiting, pretty sure if its clear the lines are going to be waiting this long under these conditions they will take steps to remedy that, giving out water, leading the lines under temporary gazebo type things etc rather then having them right out in the open etc etc.

You think this is their first ballgame? Anyone who starts kicking off in the lines will be giving a swift talking to by the majority I reckon, not exactly the vibe that would be welcome at the start of this fest, anyone starts kicking off in front of me id tell them to chill the fuck out. 

Myself and thousands of others had to wait in a shuttle bus queue for 5 hours in the hot sun early Wednesday morning of Glasto 2015. I think I remember water being given out after about 3 hours, and no one was provided any gazebo/alternative for shade. It was hell and exhausted us for the first couple of days of the festival. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, incident said:

It's not the same thing. For public tickets, your face is your ID.

Oxfam (and as far as I'm aware, most other groups that supply staff) have always had a policy that you need to show ID to register on site, that's not a new thing.

I won't be taking any ID on Wednesday, as it won't be needed.

This is from the packing list on the Glastonbury website

• ID
    – Original ID documents (not photocopies) are needed for: Hospitality tickets, Challenge 21, Lead Booker for coach packages, Sunday tickets
    – Photocopy of ID is okay if a child is under 12 but looks older
    – Standard public ticket – no ID required as photo on ticket

For the vast majority of us with normal tickets there is no additional id required when you have your ticket and your face

1 minute ago, richroet said:

This is from the packing list on the Glastonbury website

• ID
    – Original ID documents (not photocopies) are needed for: Hospitality tickets, Challenge 21, Lead Booker for coach packages, Sunday tickets
    – Photocopy of ID is okay if a child is under 12 but looks older
    – Standard public ticket – no ID required as photo on ticket

For the vast majority of us with normal tickets there is no additional id required when you have your ticket and your face

Shit, I better add my face to my packing list so I don't forget it again.

15 minutes ago, incident said:

It's not the same thing. For public tickets, your face is your ID.

Oxfam (and as far as I'm aware, most other groups that supply staff) have always had a policy that you need to show ID to register on site, that's not a new thing.

I won't be taking any ID on Wednesday, as it won't be needed.

I would if I was you, esp with the potential for added security meaning added checks, why not cover all your bases? you can always stick it in the lockups for the fest

9 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I would if I was you, esp with the potential for added security meaning added checks, why not cover all your bases? you can always stick it in the lockups for the fest

Because it's not needed.

Oxfam etc workers need to bring ID, and will be turned away without it. That's been the case in as many years prior as I'm aware of - so it's really nothing new. They get told about it well in advance and reminded multiple times - yet inevitably some of them turn up without it every year and get turned away every year. It doesn't sound like anything has changed in that respect.

Just now, Superunknown said:

My drivers license is snapped in two. just at the bottom though, my face and all the info is still there. Reckon I should bring my  passport anyway? 

Leave your drivers license and passport in the bag with your glass bottles - unless your ticket doesn't have your picture on it

1 minute ago, incident said:

Because it's not needed.

Oxfam etc workers need to bring ID, and will be turned away without it. That's been the case in as many years prior as I'm aware of - so it's really nothing new. They get told about it well in advance and reminded multiple times - yet inevitably some of them turn up without it every year and get turned away every year. It doesn't sound like anything has changed in that respect.

Is that only the case with Oxfam workers or generally for staff/performers?

(probably excluding the more renowned performers)

8 minutes ago, russycarps said:

There is absolutely no need to take photo ID!

This thread is surreal.

I use the challenge 21 wristband thing anyway so do as a matter of course, its no big deal, same as I carry on a night out due to living somewhere where some of the bars/clubs in some cases decide to go on sprees of iding everyone overage looking or not, id rather have peice of mind that if I need it ive got it on me.

Edited by waterfalls212434

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I use the challenge 21 wristband thing anyway so do as a matter of course, its no big deal, same as I carry on a night out due to living somewhere where some of the bars/clubs in some cases decide to go on sprees of iding everyone overage looking or not, id rather have peice of mind that if I need it ive got it on me.

fair enough if you cant grow a moustache and get asked for ID. But for adults, it is not required.

3 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

You'll still need to take ID if you're on the coach, they check it when you get on.

They say they do but in my experience I've not been asked for it - they've just shouted out the names and handed them out both times I've been on the coach so far, but I guess that might vary.

I'm taking mine anyway to get a challenge 21 wristband because I still get ID'd half the time even though I'm 27...

Just now, russycarps said:

fair enough if you cant grow a moustache and get asked for ID. But for adults, it is not required.

Im in my 30s....but if some over zealous bar staff member who thinks they may be being `audited` wants to check me for some reason id rather have it sorted then miss out on my pint :P

Just now, waterfalls212434 said:

Im in my 30s....but if some over zealous bar staff member who thinks they may be being `audited` wants to check me for some reason id rather have it sorted then miss out on my pint :P

Its not about over zealousness....

Its more our game of boredom to see who the oldist person we can I.D. is.

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I'm only jealous because I havent been asked for ID in decades...

I was questioned about the photo on my ticket once at the gates. They were initially really unsure of it (it is a bit old now and I'll update it soonish). It was not a nice feeling. So I always have a bill with me and my Cinepass card as that has the same photo on it. I have never needed to show them but it just gives me peace of mind.

13 minutes ago, tombertb said:

Is that only the case with Oxfam workers or generally for staff/performers?

(probably excluding the more renowned performers)

It's definitely the case for Oxfam, and I think for most (if not all) of the groups that provide volunteer or paid staff - if they don't check ID, then legally they'll have needed to check eligibility to work some other way.

I don't know what the story is with performers, but I suspect it's different.