New security measures in place

brettredmayne

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Cleverleyson said:

If the weather is going to be super hot (fingers crossed) I wonder if this will effect the queues, Can't keep people in the sun and heat without access to water (bring some I would)

The weather is forecast super hot on Wednesday - can't stress enough the importance of making sure you have water, sun cream and a hat, maybe even a brolly, close at hand, we could be queuing for many hours in pure sunshine. 

2 hours ago, SpeakingmyChanguage said:

If they find a glass mirror, it will be confiscated. If they find glass perfume bottles, it will be confiscated.

The common theme here would suggest you shouldn't be taking any glass.

You can get plastic mirrors from Amazon. You can get plastic tubs to transfer make-up into, like my wife has done for this festival 

Actually now you've said that i'm not even sure if it is glass. Idk I can't tell. Is there a way to tell if something is glass or plastic? Will they just throw it even if it's not glass but looks like it?

2 minutes ago, curlyjake said:

Have we had any reports from Download, Isle of Wight etc of opening people's tents, crates and food on the way in or are we looking at thorough backpack and body searches and off we go. 

If people tell us what they don't search, it would kind of render the whole search operation pointless, wouldn't it? ;)

Does anyone else pack their bags like a Russian doll? I have bags inside bags inside bags inside my rucksack (which usually is in a big bin liner, just in case). S'gonna be a bugger if they want to go through that lot.

Do each of those bags have to have a tag?

Think I'm just going to tag my rucksack, tent, sleeping bag and possibly chair. Oh and the trolley maybe.

Just now, bexj said:

I refuse to click on a Daily Heil link, what does the article say? Ta! 

Nothing we don't already know except that security also being beefed up at Stonehenge (for the solstice), Wimbledon and Ascot.

Assistant Chief Constable Caroline Peters, gold commander for the Glastonbury Festival police plan, said: 'There is no intelligence to suggest a threat to Glastonbury Festival but we, along with the event organisers, will be taking extra security precautions this year.

'The policing style might look and feel slightly different this year – there will be a higher visibility of officers on the perimeter of festival helping security with searches.'

36 minutes ago, bexj said:

Ta @MrZigster x

No worries.

Personally I'm worried that they're going a little bit over the top. I'm doing my packing at the mo and feel like I'm going on a school trip with all of this labelling of bags and equipment.

Possibly more requirements than you need to enter the country.

3 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

No worries.

Personally I'm worried that they're going a little bit over the top. I'm doing my packing at the mo and feel like I'm going on a school trip with all of this labelling of bags and equipment.

Possibly more requirements than you need to enter the country.

I know, it sort of feels wrong for Glastonbury 

3 minutes ago, bexj said:

I know, it sort of feels wrong for Glastonbury 

Yup, just watching the Julien Temple film and where Eavis is talking about not allowing police on to the festival site is so far removed to now. This year in particular. 

1 minute ago, gfest2009 said:

Yup, just watching the Julien Temple film and where Eavis is talking about not allowing police on to the festival site is so far removed to now. This year in particular. 

Though having said that, we've just got to the 1990 riots haha

10 minutes ago, discopete said:

A friend of a friend posted on fb today that he had his car and caravan searched four times on the way in through the blue gate today. Four sniffer dogs and 30 police turning things upside down and inside out.

Not a bad thing, if anyone was trying to get anything in that would seem the easiest route.

15 minutes ago, discopete said:

A friend of a friend posted on fb today that he had his car and caravan searched four times on the way in through the blue gate today. Four sniffer dogs and 30 police turning things upside down and inside out.

Did they have to remove the windows?