New security measures in place

brettredmayne

8 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I dont call discussing the thread topic `whinging` at all nor do I think that anyone wanting to know what the security is like for glastonbury would have to rely on the efestivals message board to find that information out........or are we all going to be searched under cover of tents so noone can see how its being done? and noone could possibly be familiar with how a large event is going to handle security threats without checking efests now could they? They will use dogs, they will search people and they will be stricter then other years, thats not exactly classified info mate the festival publicised it themselves!

I see why you have such good reputation on here, must be your "free speech" ;)

Edited by mrfunk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that the S.A.S will be searching everybody on entry, you must turn up with your original birth certificate and the midwife that delivered you. Prior to this See tickets will be sending out a personal attaché to the lead bookers address with a drugs and bomb dog to search your home/car/bags/parents and grand parents addresses. Only at this point will the DVLA be contacted to ensure that your vehicle has been taxed before dispatching your car park ticket. 

12 minutes ago, mrfunk said:

I see why you have such good reputation on here, must be your "free speech" ;)

9 minutes ago, mrfunk said:

I'm sure what ever happens someone will have the "common sense" to broadcast exactly what's happening regarding searching when the gates open

aw did I offend you? bless! and the festival have already broadcast whats going to happen in the way of searching in the email they sent to everyone and publicised on their own website.......what do you think the security at glastonbury are going to be using some radical techniques for security searches so groundbreaking theyve never been seen before and need to remain secret? 

12 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

aw did I offend you? bless! and the festival have already broadcast whats going to happen in the way of searching in the email they sent to everyone and publicised on their own website.......what do you think the security at glastonbury are going to be using some radical techniques for security searches so groundbreaking theyve never been seen before and need to remain secret? 

You didn't offend me.. far from it, you just made me chuckle ...  a true keyboard warrior lol 

go on keep going its just so entertaining  

Edited by mrfunk

1 hour ago, mrfunk said:

Nope just fed up with the winging on here.    I really don't think it's wise to publicly broadcast how people are being searched, and how the gate security is. That's not being paranoid, that's common sense, surely? 

The security and GFL are trying this to make the festival safer, isn't that what you want as well? 

Loose lips, sink ships

Sure, they've planned all this new security but forgot to account for people discussing it on the efests message board! It'll be fine, stop being paranoid, calm down and enjoy the festival. I for one will be happy to hear from people on what the queues are like so I know what sort of wait I'm in for on arrival.

28 minutes ago, mrfunk said:

You didn't offend me.. far from it, you just made me chuckle ...  a true keyboard warrior lol 

go on keep going its just so entertaining  

ha nice one, if I hadn't offended you you wouldn't still be trying to carry this on merely just because I pointed out the simple logic that Glastonbury have already published their plan for increased security in public so theres really no harm in people discussing the topic here.....also that people can talk about whatever they bloody well like!

10 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Sure, they've planned all this new security but forgot to account for people discussing it on the efests message board! It'll be fine, stop being paranoid, calm down and enjoy the festival. I for one will be happy to hear from people on what the queues are like so I know what sort of wait I'm in for on arrival.

Exactly, what does this guy think they plan to do that we could possibly cause harm with by talking about? anyone familiar with venue security could tell you the info on what would be expected and how heavy the searches are likely to be under these circumstances, so stop making it out to be all this big hush hush thing that we shouldn't talk about, 

3 hours ago, mrfunk said:

ahh one of those Pilton Villager rumours ;) like the festival is moving etc

The festival has been there for nearly 50 years. The people complaining about it must have either been complaining since 1970 or they moved there after the festival. 

It's like moving underneath the Heathrow flightpath and then complaining about plane noise. 

If anything I wouldn't be surprised if the average house price in Pilton compared to other neighbouring villages is higher due the festival. 

16 minutes ago, SarahLu said:

Will these new security messages be putting anyone staying outside the perimeter off bringing in contraband?  Getting through one check at the start is one thing but if people are subject to more rigorous checks everytime they enter/exit the site that might be pushing your luck? :( 

Take all your contraband in on one go, then use the Lock Ups to store your gear. Take a bit out of the lock up every time you need some. Oh, and please feel free to make a donation to the charity running what can only be described as an exemplary service. :)

7 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Yeah I'd appreciate a bit of info too!

15 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Take all your contraband in on one go, then use the Lock Ups to store your gear. Take a bit out of the lock up every time you need some. Oh, and please feel free to make a donation to the charity running what can only be described as an exemplary service. :)

Doubt you'll be walking in with a massive bag each day, probably a small beer bag, so decreasing the likelihood of a heavy search.

54 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

On hand with good advice as ever, Yog :) I hadn't even considered this as a possibility (not that it matters for me, as I'll be safely in with no intention of leaving for 'owt)

11 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

The festival is moving???!!!????!!!???

What, when, where - I demand a thread is started imediately..... (or sooner)

I don't believe that the festival is moving either ......but.

A friend of the family is one of the local landowners and they haven't been approached to sign the deal that the other land owners have recently signed. I could be wrong (and I probably am) but I think that their land covers the teepee area along with the park and others. Maybe there are changes afoot?

1 hour ago, dj matt james said:

I don't believe that the festival is moving either ......but.

A friend of the family is one of the local landowners and they haven't been approached to sign the deal that the other land owners have recently signed. I could be wrong (and I probably am) but I think that their land covers the teepee area along with the park and others. Maybe there are changes afoot?

I was joking re the move as there is usually a new tread on the subject started at the slightest mention of a move.

I believe there have recently been long term agreements put in place with the key landowners which secure the site for a fair few years. Perhaps you friend-of-a-friend has or will be sorted soon.

12 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Reckon my traditional bottle of champagne will be taken off me?

I bloody hope so!

I really don't get people. "I love the festival! So let's bring glass on site that they specifically ask us not to again and again and again and again"

Just had a chat with one of my mates who is just back from Download.

He said that everything was pretty straight forward really. Mainly pat downs and sniffer dogs and the odd random bag search. Didn't que for very long to get in. It is obviously smaller than Glastonbury but that has put my mind at ease about length of queing slightly.

Long time reader first time poster.

I prefer to just take my tent in (and a beer) at first then go back for my bag etc... to prevent queuing with all my stuff. Wondering if its a better plan to just get as much as poss through first time round as the queues might be going all day. What do people think? Do we think everyone will be searched heavily on re-entry(ies)?

27 minutes ago, jumanji89 said:

Long time reader first time poster.

I prefer to just take my tent in (and a beer) at first then go back for my bag etc... to prevent queuing with all my stuff. Wondering if its a better plan to just get as much as poss through first time round as the queues might be going all day. What do people think? Do we think everyone will be searched heavily on re-entry(ies)?

Welcome. 

I genuinely can't see it being anything different to other years but with a higher ratio of people searched.

I personally come on the coach so need to take everything in in one go. I recommend doing that anyway for the sheer achievement and feel good factor