New security measures in place

brettredmayne

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

They don't have airport rules in place, it's just glass they don't want and it doesn't matter about the size..

Do you think they will take compacts too? as my face powder that is in a plastic compact case has an in-build mirror and so does my eye shadow compact... I really hope this type of thing does get taken too as you're going to have a lot of upset women otherwise, as most compact makeup has mirrors in them :(

I'm sure they would if they found it as they're very strict on glass, but that would always have been the case, not just this year. Only difference this year is maybe they're more likely to find it.

4 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

I'm sure they would if they found it as they're very strict on glass, but that would always have been the case, not just this year. Only difference this year is maybe they're more likely to find it.

I've never really thought about it much before as its in plastic compact which is fine, might not be even glass I don't know tbh

Let up they don't empty out my makeup bag and take it off me :(

6 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I've never really thought about it much before as its in plastic compact which is fine, might not be even glass I don't know tbh

Let up they don't empty out my makeup bag and take it off me :(

I agree this would suck. My foundation is a very thick glass bottle and my eyeshadow pallet has a mirror. If they take either I'll cry. 

It's probably already been mentioned but just in case... I spoke to my mate who's on site now working the Trump's Wig and Other Animals stage and he said that knives are completely banned from site. In place of knives, spoons must be used at all times. Italian based food proprietors unaffected however preparations are being made to issue gigantic spoons for use by kebab personnel.

Stay safe, stay spoon.

2 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I agree this would suck. My foundation is a very thick glass bottle and my eyeshadow pallet has a mirror. If they take either I'll cry. 

I might rethink taking eye shadow pallet but face powder I would prefer to have so going to see how it goes on 1st run and make call on the day if leave in car

8 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Dont know how true this is 

Screenshot_20170611-134847.png

I saw this on Glasto Chat too and I'll say this here, too:

I think the security scaremongering is just getting a bit much now. It's gone from a message on the official website to give us a heads up about the searches being more thorough, all the way to random people posting messages like, "COME AT THIS/THAT TIME! DON'T STEP OUT OF YOUR CAR OR TAKE A PISS OR YOU'LL BE WRESTLED TO THE GROUND AND WATERBOARDED" When actually, it's all going to be exactly the same party in the queue as it has been every year, but we'll just be in the queue a bit longer this time. The only thing to come out of these messages is that more people will become paranoid and will be too scared to enjoy themselves. Everything will be fine.

Ok in my camper I will have a basic tool kit, socket set, screwdrivers , leatherman, scissors .  I'm assuming this might be ok, providing obviously it stays in the camper?

Just now, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

You've obviously missed the memo. You're not allowed any of that stuff. Unless it's a spoon, assume nothing.

Not sure if your joking or not? I need tools for my camper,  it's 30 years old ffs . I'm more keen on the leatherman as it really is useful

6 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I might rethink taking eye shadow pallet but face powder I would prefer to have so going to see how it goes on 1st run and make call on the day if leave in car

Could also bring a back up powder, leave one in car and then if you get unlucky on the first run you could try again. I suspect the searches will be looking for weapons etc plus glass bottles, so something small like a powder, tucked away somewhere, may well not be looked at.

35 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

2009 was a really bad year, some epic crowd crush too... i feared for my life after Radiohead, ended up climbing up some stacked fencing to stop being crushed

Sunday night remember sitting in some abandoned chair watching several things go up in flames in the campsite, scary stuff!! :huh:

I was there forthat on mushrooms, it was like a war zone! We sat and watched tents on fire, and gangs throwing anything (anything!) they could find at each other. We were scared to go to sleep! 

3 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

Could also bring a back up powder, leave one in car and then if you get unlucky on the first run you could try again. I suspect the searches will be looking for weapons etc plus glass bottles, so something small like a powder, tucked away somewhere, may well not be looked at.

Make up debate lol. Never had that in the 90's 

I think a powder compact is fine if it doesn't get found, but I use a mirror for contact lens and a phone on selfie doesn't work so I ordered a non glass mirror that I posted on the bargain thread - it arrived on friday and very pleased with it.  Only don't do what I did and order without the discount code http://magicmirroruk.com/ 

2 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

I don't understand the concept of taking makeup to a festival. Clearly I'm not girly enough :)

I don't particularly go mad but tinted moisturizer with SPF is a must, face powder is just to take the shine off as I prefer not to be shiny but that's just a personal thing

Hahahah FFS, get a grip people. You're going to be allowed mirrors! 

They ban glass bottles because idiots will just drop them on the ground, they get broken, trod into the dirt and then 4 months later injure a cow.

Glastonbury haven't banned anything extra this year, it's the same normal rules with the potential for more indepth searches.