New security measures in place

brettredmayne

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If they searched everybody and it took 2 minutes on average to do, my back of a fag packet sums make it that if there are say 4 gates and 10 queues per gate it would take about 30 days to get everybody through.

Gate B doesn't have space for extra queues, could be a nightmare if they increase checks.

someone above pointed out things ran smooth at gates last year, totally irrelevant as the roads strung everyone out, they didn't open gates with thousands already waiting at each 

The thing to do is follow the advice and arrive at the gate lightly loaded.  If you have loads of stuff it just means doing more trips.....spread them out, do some the next day, share the load, take it turns etc

There's no hurry....don't let it spoil your festival.

1 minute ago, stopwn1981 said:

I am wondering what asking for bags to be named achieves, unless they do have a plan to put stuff through some sort of airport style machine.

I would strongly imagine that's the plan. Unpacking and examining everyone's pants is not going to be time-efficient. 

3 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

I am wondering what asking for bags to be named achieves, unless they do have a plan to put stuff through some sort of airport style machine.

I hope that's the case.  if so I'll be spending the day before glasto trying to pack as many dildos into my friends bags as possible 

Just now, stopwn1981 said:

I assume it's if they find any bags unattended. Surely name, number and reg number should be on there so they could check if you have a ticket quickly and get the bag back to you. 

It'll be interesting to see how the IOW festival manages security this weekend. It is impossible to conduct a 100% thorough check without the use of suitable technology and trained searchers (a shit load of both). There will be more searches undoubtably but there still needs to be a sensible balance between security and risk. Just take a look at how long it takes to go through busy airport security (especially in the USA), and that's having all the necessary resources. 

The other potential buggerance factor could be the weather of course...........

8 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

Any thoughts on how to label bags? 

"We would also ask you to put luggage tags on all of your bags and belongings with your name and mobile number, so that we can identify them as yours." 

Have a look on eBay for luggage labels. The ones with your address hidden are best. You never know who's looking.... ;)

Just now, oneeye said:

It'll be interesting to see how the IOW festival manages security this weekend. It is impossible to conduct a 100% thorough check without the use of suitable technology and trained searchers (a shit load of both). There will be more searches undoubtably but there still needs to be a sensible balance between security and risk. Just take a look at how long it takes to go through busy airport security (especially in the USA), and that's having all the necessary resources. 

The other potential buggerance factor could be the weather of course...........

Good point re IOW festival.

Safe to assume they'll have the same in place.

Very interested to see how they go about it.

One thing I was planning on doing anyway is to put my different things in their own shopping bags and then putting them inside my rucksack. So with a full bag search, they can rummage easily through it all. Even if they empty everything, I'll at least be able to sort it all out quickly for repacking. That's how I imagine it will go anyway...!

1 minute ago, sime said:

One thing I was planning on doing anyway is to put my different things in their own shopping bags and then putting them inside my rucksack. So with a full bag search, they can rummage easily through it all. Even if they empty everything, I'll at least be able to sort it all out quickly for repacking. That's how I imagine it will go anyway...!

This !