Liam and Noel playing tonight

Mich1268

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't really put it into words how amazing lqst night was , sitting on a train now going back home still going thriugn emotions of smiling and then shedding a tear. 

I didnt know much about ariana apart fron my best friends niece loved her. She is a superstar for what she did last night.  

If she hid herself away no one would have thought any less of her. Think i lost track of how many times I broke down.

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall between us
We know they won't win

53 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

He's right tho. It didn't even need a reunion. Noel should have turned up and sang his song, not left it to Chris Martin. 

why? people deal with things in different ways, he's under no obligation to do anything 

credit to liam for turning up & supporting a great event- but to then turn around and use it to have a pop at your brother just seems pathetic 

I watched last night with a lot of tears in my eyes.

My youngest daughter is a big Ariana fan and it's really not my thing, but last night I was so pleased that she is inspired by such a beautiful young woman.  It would have been understanadable if she had wanted to hide away after what happened, and too easy to have turned last night into a self promotion exercise but the whole thing was done perfectly.  And even more amazing when you consider the timescale it's all been done in.

Love will always win

I'd never thought I would watch an Ariana Grande show ! Loved it ! Great tribute ! It was awesome to see all these faces of teenagers and parents emotionned by peace and love. I appreciated in particular the opening act by Marcus Mumford in a fantastic silence, + when Chris Martin started to sing Sit Down by James, and Ariana Grande's cover of Somewhere Over The Rainbow. She's lovely. Big respect to her, and to all the team of artists ! My mother was impressed by Miley Cyrus by the way, because she only knew her because of scandals before. She was wonderful last night ! And I liked the fact that Justin Bieber came on stage with only a guitar :) 

25 minutes ago, Chawk said:

can give him the benefit of the doubt for playing a new song - Wall of Glass seems vaguely relatable to standing up against terrorism. But then to exploit the concert for drama/publicity just the morning after really sours his performance

I don't think it does. Liam weare his heart on his sleeve. I think he is just really disappointed. We are all talking about coming together and solidarity at this present time.

What better occasion is there for 2 brothers to put their differences aside for one evening and perform a few songs for a great cause?

Now the kids in the audience may have not quite understood the magnitude of the 2 of them shaking hands and performing a few tunes, but the significance of such a little act would have resonated throughout the uk.

It would have been great for Noel to put their differences aside just for one evening. It would have been the greatest gesture and best thing he could have done.

Now ge didn't and Liam is upset. It can't be pleasent for him knowing that his big brother refuses to speak to him. For what? Because they were in a ba d together and it did not work out.

Fair play to Liam. He is clearly upset. You can tell he wants to make up with Noel and it would have meant a lot to him for it to happen last night. He clearly loves Manchester and he wanted to do something special.

Actions speak louder than words. Noel can't keep his trap shut and is constantly trying to belittle others. Liam respinded with actions. He wanted to do something really special last night. He even flown straight back after performing in Germany just so he coukd be there. Noel is a fucking little potato. 

The thing is though.... if Noel comes out on stage - all that happens is a media circus. It would overshadow last night's event. I can't say I watched it, but it seems to have gone down well and seem to have been appropriate.

Noel and Liam would have been on the front pages of every paper. Regardless of the views of Oasis on here, don't tell me they wouldn't have been.

Now - if they don't get on (which is seemingly the case), the falseness and the then turmoil of "when's the tour?" constantly being asked - it's gunna lead to trouble, stress and probably anger that just wasn't needed.

Personally, I think letting Liam have his moment, not creating any issues or a media circus was the better thing to do.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Liam will always get stick because of what he says in interviews. Funny as to me but a lot of people just take him as dick

Regardless, I think he deserves a lot of respect for yesterday. Flying in from playing a gig in Germany (at a festival that was evacuated the previous day) and he has a gig at Pinkpop in Holland today

Was a little strange though with the audience, good chunk clearly had no idea who he was 

Grande’s setlist had undergone a last-minute change the day before after she met the mother of 15-year-old Olivia Campbell, a 

victim of the Manchester Arena attack. “She said that I should stop crying as Olivia wouldn’t have wanted me to cry. And then she told me that Olivia would have wanted to hear the hits,” the singer said. 

With that, laughing through tears, Grande launched into Side to Side, her hit single about soreness after sex.

This made me chuckle :D

Edited by arcade fireman

1 minute ago, Nicklord said:

Usually I don't care about Liam vs Noel but I'm 100% with Liam on this. His tweets from today aren't like his usual where you don't know if he is serious or not. He looks like he is really upset with Noel this time 

But if they don't get on, what really would it achieve?

It's not like me and my sister not getting on - meeting up for a funeral and walking away. There was millions of people watching.

Not causing a fuss and letting liam have his moment - what's wrong with that?