As a first timer I've read some of you take food, can I ask what sort you take or is it just munchies ?

babyblade41

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you can afford it I'd buy there. You can take extra alcohol which i find more cost effective and the food is epic.

It's more food festival than burger ans chips. Every cuisine you can imagine. 

Meals generally £5-10 and beers £4-4.50. I eat twice a day and carry more cans in. Enjoy your first festival!

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

You can take whatever you want. Some just take crisps and snacks, others take enough food to cook full meals for five days. I've seen people cooking steaks on camping stoves.

As much or as little as you want and can carry.

Thanks, wasn't sure if there was something specific that most people take which wasn't readily available on site 

Just now, Heather90 said:

If you can afford it I'd buy there. You can take extra alcohol which i find more cost effective and the food is epic.

It's more food festival than burger ans chips. Every cuisine you can imagine. 

Meals generally £5-10 and beers £4-4.50. I eat twice a day and carry more cans in. Enjoy your first festival!

That was my plan as I'd heard the food was exceptional and varied...I'm not a burger and chip fan either 

Just now, babyblade41 said:

Thanks, wasn't sure if there was something specific that most people take which wasn't readily available on site 

Pretty much every kind of food is on site (there's even a bakers) , I just take some snacks to save money and fill me up (cereal bars, chocolate, sweets) 

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

Pretty much every kind of food is on site (there's even a bakers) , I just take some snacks to save money and fill me up (cereal bars, chocolate, sweets) 

Yes thought of those individual wrapped ones for mornings... I think I'm looking forward to the food stalls as much as the entertainment 

It's personal... I like to have munchies on me just to keep the wolf from the door between meals (which I buy there).  I also take my own breakfasts and coffee for first thing in the morning as I've experienced big walks and queues which I cannot cope with before breakfast.

Depends on how you want to eat. I usually take bacon for the morning when I get up but that's it really. You could eat from a different place every day and still not make a dent in what Glastonbury has to offer food wise. Unless you are planning on saving money then I'd eat out. It also cuts down on the amount of time you are sat at your tent when you could be out and about exploring. 

Cereal bars come in very handy for the back packs though for between meal snacking.

Just now, Heather90 said:

Have snacks for the trip. Last year was a bad one so was great to have. I usually have some cereal bars for the tent and because i get hangry. 

Food is incredible. I'm actually excited about it 

I'm getting more like a child at Christmas the closer it gets..... at 53 it must be good 

2 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

Yes thought of those individual wrapped ones for mornings... I think I'm looking forward to the food stalls as much as the entertainment 

As I get older I look forward to the food element of Glastonbury more and more! 

Just now, babyblade41 said:

I'm getting more like a child at Christmas the closer it gets..... at 53 it must be good 

Oh wow, just wait until you get there!:)

also on the food front there is an excellent bakers just opposite and up a little from the entrance to the kids field. Fresh bread and pastries a plenty!

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

As I get older I look forward to the food element of Glastonbury more and more! 

Must be an age thing then , I'm worried something is going to happen and I wont be able to go, I'll probably get ill in-between now and then ..a bit of a stress head that I am 

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

Oh wow, just wait until you get there!:)

also on the food front there is an excellent bakers just opposite and up a little from the entrance to the kids field. Fresh bread and pastries a plenty!

I'm not sure how I'm going to fit the things I want to see, might have  to take elasticated trousers 

Cereal bars for me. Plenty of good food on site but sometimes need a little something first thing back at tent. Oh and if you have a stove fresh boiled eggs are an ace start to the day, can buy the eggs onsite.

Also worth having some food and drink supplies handy for the journey down as there can be servere delays getting on site.

Edited by I am Jon

1 minute ago, I am Jon said:

Cereal bars for me. Plenty of good food on site but sometimes need a little something first thing back at tent.

Also worth having some food and drink supplies handy for the journey down as there can be servere delays getting on site.

I should be Ok as I can't arrive until Thursday evening so hope queues will be non existent 

6 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

Must be an age thing then , I'm worried something is going to happen and I wont be able to go, I'll probably get ill in-between now and then ..a bit of a stress head that I am 

Yes, at the 7 day mark I start getting anxious about getting ill - every cough or sneeze on the train puts me on red alert! 

2 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

I should be Ok as I can't arrive until Thursday evening so hope queues will be non existent 

Prepare for a wait anyway - it took us hours on Thursday last year because of the state of the ground. Hopefully there won't be the same issues this year, but have something to eat to hand, just in case.