As a first timer I've read some of you take food, can I ask what sort you take or is it just munchies ?

babyblade41

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

Yes, at the 7 day mark I start getting anxious about getting ill - every cough or sneeze on the train puts me on red alert! 

I'm at that point now !!! trouble is I spend so much time in animal poo I'm convinced I'll catch something nasty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, SophieBee said:

Prepare for a wait anyway - it took us hours on Thursday last year because of the state of the ground. Hopefully there won't be the same issues this year, but have something to eat to hand, just in case.

yes just looked at the weather forecast and full on rain for Glastonbury for the next 2 weeks 

10 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

I'm getting more like a child at Christmas the closer it gets..... at 53 it must be good 

This is my 3rd. It honestly changed my life. I need this years,  in serious need of my faith in humanity being restored. 

Its basically disneyland for adults. Keep safe, see all you can and enjoy. 

First festival in my campervan for me. The only food I'm taking is stuff for a bacon butty each morning. Apart from that I'm buying everything else there. The food at Glastonbury is fantastic and for me a big part of the whole experience. I always look forward to it, with a few firm favourites, almost as much as the music.

Just now, Heather90 said:

This is my 3rd. It honestly changed my life. I need this years,  in serious need of my faith in humanity being restored. 

Its basically disneyland for adults. Keep safe, see all you can and enjoy. 

Thank you so much...after watching the news most of the morning we all need some hope and a coming together 

Frozen veggie burgers + buns + avocado + BBQ for lunch on the Wednesday

Bananas + satsumas for daily vitamins

Chocolate + crisps for munchies

Tom yum instant noodles + cherry tomatoes + eggs for a warm, easy to chew (!!!) breakfast

Tins of soup + croissants for brekkie also

Coffee/Copella apple juice/soda water for thirst

Whisky/vodka/lager/cider for getting Chumbawumba'd :)

I will try to make breakfast at my camp, otherwise the wife will get hangry by time we're ready to head out. Lunch + dinner will be at the fantastic sounding food trucks

Edited by hermano

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It's more to keep costs down if not very flush. First couple I did hardly bought anything there and spent less than 50 quid all week.

Now I'm lucky enough to be in a position that I take nothing - less to carry and the food is so good there. Unlike the majority of the pisswater beer. If you can choose one or other take in more booze. 

Yes I will, I am a bit worried about carrying stuff around all day and don't drink spirits, so will have to take beer and wine first then will have to buy at the bars 

We used to take bacon, sausage, egg & square wraps and have a really good breakfast wrap at the tent before setting out for the day. Then later in the day have a really good £6/7 meal from somewhere nice like Yam the Cassava (who I am gutted is no more).

we kind of loved the whole 'camp cooking' thing for quite a while. However, we gradually realised we were spending ages cooking and washing up every morning, and actually, it was uncomfortable becoming a chore. So now we just wander out and buy breakfast somewhere. We take one of those teeny tiny fold up burners, and just boil water for a cup of coffee to get us started in the morning. Less luggage too.

just snacks for us now - but the breakfast wrap thing was nice! 

1 hour ago, amfy said:

We used to take bacon, sausage, egg & square wraps and have a really good breakfast wrap at the tent before setting out for the day. Then later in the day have a really good £6/7 meal from somewhere nice like Yam the Cassava (who I am gutted is no more).

we kind of loved the whole 'camp cooking' thing for quite a while. However, we gradually realised we were spending ages cooking and washing up every morning, and actually, it was uncomfortable becoming a chore. So now we just wander out and buy breakfast somewhere. We take one of those teeny tiny fold up burners, and just boil water for a cup of coffee to get us started in the morning. Less luggage too.

just snacks for us now - but the breakfast wrap thing was nice! 

yes I have my camping stove and kettle but looks like food will be bought I think 

49 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I take a stash of Rice Krispie Squares. Mainly cause I've found cereal bars a little too dry for my hungover mouth. So Rice Krispie ones are a happy compromise. Healthy? No. Tasty and do the job? Yes. 

Rice crispy bars, I'm getting to know some really trendy phrases as well :D

3 hours ago, hermano said:

Frozen veggie burgers + buns + avocado + BBQ for lunch on the Wednesday

Bananas + satsumas for daily vitamins

Chocolate + crisps for munchies

Tom yum instant noodles + cherry tomatoes + eggs for a warm, easy to chew (!!!) breakfast

Tins of soup + croissants for brekkie also

Coffee/Copella apple juice/soda water for thirst

Whisky/vodka/lager/cider for getting Chumbawumba'd :)

I will try to make breakfast at my camp, otherwise the wife will get hangry by time we're ready to head out. Lunch + dinner will be at the fantastic sounding food trucks

Is this your first time, Hermano? And are you camping or in a CV?

Cos that is a serious fucking shitload of stuff to lug in with you considering the killer walk from, for example, car to queue to gate to wherever you decide to camp.

I only take food for breakfast, as most have already mentioned - cereal bars

bananas

pack of nuts, normally pistachios, great to slowly munch through while sat around camp 

and brioche rolls! They can take a good squashing in my bag but keep their shape well so don't fall apart!

4 minutes ago, Mr Mr said:

I only take food for breakfast, as most have already mentioned - cereal bars

bananas

pack of nuts, normally pistachios, great to slowly munch through while sat around camp 

and brioche rolls! They can take a good squashing in my bag but keep their shape well so don't fall apart!

If I took Brioche it would be eaten before I even arrived !!

The first few years I took canned stuff and cooked but the more I've been the less I've taken. The thing is, the food at Glasto is a great experience in itself so if you can afford it id eat as much there as possible.

I still take some breakfast bars - nice first thing to get you going.

Chorizo/Pepperami - easy snack, full of fat and protein that will keep you going.

Ginsters pasty - don't know how or why but brought one the first year on the way to glasto and become a bit of a tradition to have one after i set up camp.

Stove and  3 in 1 coffees for breakfast with cereal bars and brioche along with ranch mix and chilli peanuts to keep me going during the day. Also big fan of taking Tantastics! :-) Food is so amazing on site, and portions can be enough to keep you going along with a snack (cheesy chips or samosas/barjees) Not too pricey either!

I normally take cereal bars for a snack when its taking too long to mobilise for breakfast / or to munch on during the day. For everything else I take advantage of the amazing options on offer at the stalls. More room for booze that way. Win win.

The food on site is indeed very nice but also expensive. I tend to buy one meal or snack a day, but bring enough myself for the rest of the time.  Also, queues can get long, particularly later in the day.  I try to see 8 or 9 gigs a day and am too impatient to queue for twenty minutes.

I take more cereal bars than I need cos they're a good stop gap. Salty snacks like Pringles or nuts. I also take half a dozen cheese rolls that sometimes get eaten, sometimes not.  I consider them edible up til Fri morning.  Stashing an emergency can of your favourite non-alcoholic drink is a good one.  If you're suffering, it can be a sunbeam on your morning.

My campmates take instant mash, beans, noodles etc but I'm not into the extra faff.

If you're travelling by car, leave snacks and drinks in the car for the journey out.  It can take a good while to get back into the world.

8 hours ago, babyblade41 said:

I've pretty much got most things I think I need but wondering what food you take, I wasn't planning on taking any so can you professional Glastonbury goers help me out with some ideas please

I normally take a box of cereal bars and take a couple out each day for a snack when I'm walking around and between meals, then have a tub of pringles for the tent as late night munchies. I have a major sweet tooth but I never feel like eating too much chocolate and it always melts too which is a bit of a pain - learnt that the hard way at my first fest as a chocolate bar exploded in my bag and it got EVERYWHERE. Bananas are good too if you can get some under-ripe and just put them in a bag and then under the lip of your tent or anywhere where they can keep a bit cool. Great fuel on the go

24 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I take more cereal bars than I need cos they're a good stop gap. Salty snacks like Pringles or nuts. I also take half a dozen cheese rolls that sometimes get eaten, sometimes not.  I consider them edible up til Fri morning.  Stashing an emergency can of your favourite non-alcoholic drink is a good one.  If you're suffering, it can be a sunbeam on your morning.

My campmates take instant mash, beans, noodles etc but I'm not into the extra faff.

If you're travelling by car, leave snacks and drinks in the car for the journey out.  It can take a good while to get back into the world.

I should have just read your comment instead of saying mine. This basically ^^^

Really just a question of budget.

If you can afford to do so then just eat at the many varied food places all over site.  Delicious stuff, though budget close to a tenner per meal (do the maths - it adds up!).  Unlike what others have said, I've never found queues to be a problem, but that may be to do with busier areas, etc.

Or save a few quid by cooking your own meals some of the time (it would be a real shame to totally miss out on the catered stuff, it is genuinely pert of the festival experience).

The new style portable cookers are exceptionally convenient to pack and carry:

614nUMAQOnL._SL1000_.jpg

There are lots of easy options in supermarkets these days that don't need refrigeration; microwave stuff can usually be heated on a hob with a bit of care:

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Other than that, just bring a few snacks.  Cereal bars are the most obvious.