2019 festival

22 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

What's your proof of that?

I have no proof I just know that from my experience the type of people who go to R&L are into Dua Lipa and not into Rag'n'Bone Man. They may both be pop acts but they're different in the people they appeal to. In the same way Dua Lipa probably has decent crossover with Kendrick fans I'd say Rag'n'Bone Man has that with Ed Sheeran.

Didn’t rag n bone man play the dance stage or something a few years ago at like 4pm. I’m sure i watched him and didn’t realise I was missing skindred until it was too late. Anyway his crowd was tiny then and I’d bet it’d be crap on mainstage now. 

Oli Sykes has a world exclusive interview and cover in Kerrang this week so that might be a sign that BMTH are at least starting to become active again after their bit of down time since finishing the TTS tour. 

What was it someone had heard, that BMTH have a tour embargoed until September or something? 

Just now, Andre91 said:

Oli Sykes has a world exclusive interview and cover in Kerrang this week so that might be a sign that BMTH are at least starting to become active again after their bit of down time since finishing the TTS tour. 

What was it someone had heard, that BMTH have a tour embargoed until September or something? 

Friday of Reading I think it was.

edit: so the 24th August. Don't know why I didn't just say that. :P

Edited by dentalplan

Seeing some of the shouts of Bombay Bicycle Club and personally I think 2019 is too soon for them to come back from their hiatus. Supposedly, the band haven't even established if they're actually coming back after reading an article on an interview with Jamie Maccoll who said they're all enjoying doing their own thing and releasing their own music and that the whole Bombay situation is very much at the back of their minds. Post 2020 is when I'd say they'd make a comeback if they indeed ever do and doubt they slip down the lineup in that time as it would be a pretty anticipated reunion. 

Edited by MIchael_scarn

7 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Seeing some of the shouts of Bombay Bicycle Club and personally I think 2019 is too soon for them to come back from their hiatus. Supposedly, the band haven't even established if they're actually coming back after reading an article on an interview with Jamie Maccoll who said they're all enjoying doing their own thing and releasing their own music and that the whole Bombay situation is very much at the back of their minds. Post 2020 is when I'd say they'd make a comeback if they indeed ever do and doubt they slip down the lineup in that time as it would be a pretty anticipated reunion. 

I could see the headlining the NME again or playing third down Main when they come back. Even through absence I don’t think they’re grown much at all. 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I could see the headlining the NME again or playing third down Main when they come back. Even through absence I don’t think they’re grown much at all. 

Definitely that 3rd main stage slot I can see happening. They for sure haven't grown but they haven't fell off either so I'd say it's pretty impressive to not fall off the face of the earth when you take a break and your not necessarily considered a 'huge' band. Their NME slot in 2014 looked very very impressive and seemed to get a pretty big crowd considering they were across from AM.

21 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Definitely that 3rd main stage slot I can see happening. They for sure haven't grown but they haven't fell off either so I'd say it's pretty impressive to not fall off the face of the earth when you take a break and your not necessarily considered a 'huge' band. Their NME slot in 2014 looked very very impressive and seemed to get a pretty big crowd considering they were across from AM.

That set in 2014 was one of my favourite festival sets ever. The sun was going down, it was warm, the tent was packed so we were just stood outside. They were awesome. 

If Reading didn't book Rag N Bone Man when he was playing every festival that would take him in the UK and Europe on his last album they're not going to book him now. Personally think the guy did incredibly well to get 2 hits rather than being a 1 hit wonder, will keep him getting some royalties and tours for a few years, but no chance anyone really cares about his 2nd album. 

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

What would everyone's ideal trio of headliners be for 2019? Try to make it somewhat realistic - don't include any acts that clearly won't be around or that R&L wouldn't book.

Optimistic- Foals + The 1975 // Kanye West // Foo Fighters

Realistic- BMTH + Stormzy // The 1975 // AM 

29 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

What would everyone's ideal trio of headliners be for 2019? Try to make it somewhat realistic - don't include any acts that clearly won't be around or that R&L wouldn't book.

Mine would be Florence & the Machine, Kanye West, The Strokes.

Only just realised that's 2 of the 3 Glastonbury 2015 headliners :P.

Probs same three here.

What I want:  BMTH / Stormzy - TOP / Green Day

What we'll probably get:  Mumford & Sons / All Time Low / 1975

Only taking the p*** but after this years announcement I don't have super high hopes on what we'll get next year.