2019 festival

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

I can’t see it, surely they’ve missed the boat on them. Their arena tour was massive so I can’t see them continuing touring into 2019 with this same album. 

Even if they did continue, if R&L don't want them this year in favour of having FOB and PATD why would they want them next year?

If they do headline Bestival then I can kinda accept that as FR wanting to see how they handle a headline slot before giving them it at R&L (especially with the small amount of material they have); but even if that's the case they'd surely wait until the next album is out.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Even if they did continue, if R&L don't want them this year in favour of having FOB and PATD why would they want them next year?

If they do headline Bestival then I can kinda accept that as FR wanting to see how they handle a headline slot before giving them it at R&L (especially with the small amount of material they have); but even if that's the case they'd surely wait until the next album is out.

I know you're not pushing this theory but it's been suggested a few times now - I'd be more convinced if they hadn't booked Panic at the Disco as a "headliner", who last played 5th (?) and have only headlined Slam Dunk since.  Royal Blood have played higher at R&L and had two high profile slots at Glastonbury to prove their festival credentials.  And if they were going to take this approach I'd expect them to put them on at Latitude or Community rather than see how they get on at a scaled down Bestival where the other headliners are London Grammar and MIA?  Or maybe as has been suggested it was the band's choice, not FR's, but I'm fairly baffled by that too.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I can’t see it, surely they’ve missed the boat on them. Their arena tour was massive so I can’t see them continuing touring into 2019 with this same album. 

If you think though, no one has offered them a headline at a UK Festival this year unless the V replacement are going to do it.

If for whatever reason they don't get The 1975 next year (which I can't see happening, but I couldn't see them not getting Royal Blood this year so who knows), then I could see it being something like BMTH/21 Pilots, Kanye, Foals.

It's kinda hard to predict what direction they're gonna go in the future. This year might just be a hiccup, hindered by acts dropping out and last minute replacements. On the other hand it might be a turning point for the festival, with future lineups looking similar to this years.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

It's kinda hard to predict what direction they're gonna go in the future. This year might just be a hiccup, hindered by acts dropping out and last minute replacements. On the other hand it might be a turning point for the festival, with future lineups looking similar to this years.

Tbh if the story of Arctics being in the mix but then falling through is true then that's probably what fucked up this year the most. Replace either KoL or FOB with Arctics and the top of the lineup already looks a lot stronger. I guess they put all of their eggs in that basket and it backfired on them. I doubt they'll make the same mistake next year or it'll do some long lasting damage.

5 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Maybe Royal Blood turned it down? 

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

That's like being a 3/10 and turning down an 8/10.

R+L is an 8/10? Skrrt.

I dunno how to continue the analogy but bands have seemingly turned down headline slots before when they've felt they're not ready to nail the show yet. I guess that'd be the dealio here if Royal Blood have turned it down.

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

R+L is an 8/10? Skrrt.

I dunno how to continue the analogy but bands have seemingly turned down headline slots before when they've felt they're not ready to nail the show yet. I guess that'd be the dealio here if Royal Blood have turned it down.

Headlining R&L is an 8/10 in terms of prestige/exposure in this case. In general R&L is a 0/10.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Headlining R&L is an 8/10 in terms of prestige/exposure in this case. In general R&L is a 0/10.

Panic bout to catch a wave then.

But nah, they're no idiots for turning it down. Their management (the ones making these decisions) took Travis and Arctic Monkeys from pubs to Glasto headline slots so probably know a bit more about making headline status at festivals than we do.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Panic bout to catch a wave then.

But nah, they're no idiots for turning it down. Their management (the ones making these decisions) took Travis and Arctic Monkeys from pubs to Glasto headline slots so probably know a bit more about making headline status at festivals than we do.

Doubt they have over 20,000 posts on eFestivals.

21 hours ago, WFD said:

Mate don't start building yourself up for another 12 months, set your expectations lower than that.

Yeah, guess so dude. Just hoping they improve the headliners from this years. I mean, even if they got one big name (Foos, AM, Royal Blood, Kanye, 1975). Any of them would be nice. Even for day tickets if you get me :) 

24 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Have we all given up on guessing AM? 

I haven’t. Michael Eavis seemed to suggest that Glasto’s headliners next year haven’t headlined before. And, while he’s not the most reliable source, he must remember the two Glastonbury headline slots they’ve done, regardless of how boring they were. Should leave them free to do this.